NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

I don't see why it's a problem that the Jets have no green in their throwback scheme. At that point, they were the Titans and wore blue and gold.

I really dig the white ones. The numbers on the home jerseys are tough to read, an outline would help contrast.

As for the Chargers whites, I'm not a big fan. The blue ones are so vibrant, these are just so bland. Looks like they've been through the wash 100 times.

2jcbtb8.jpg

Unless I am missing something, how is it Reebok can get the bolt to wrap (nearly) all the way around the shoulder, but they can't do domething similar on the Colts uniform (or Jets or Patriots throwback)?

That is a question I have asked many, many times.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't see why it's a problem that the Jets have no green in their throwback scheme. At that point, they were the Titans and wore blue and gold.

I the issue has to do with the fact that throwbacks are now essentially alternate uniforms. It's not like the Jets are just wearing blue and gold Titans uniforms for the AFL legacy season. They're worn them (and we can assume they'll continue wearing them) as regular alternates. That's the problem. For a season dedicated to honouring the past they're fine, but since they lack green and white, they just look out of place when the Jets wear them as regular alternates.

Alternates, throwbacks or not, are suppose to compliment the primary brand. The NY Titans throwbacks fail to do this. Thus they look weird and out of place outside of the AFL legacy games.

2jcbtb8.jpg

Unless I am missing something, how is it Reebok can get the bolt to wrap (nearly) all the way around the shoulder, but they can't do domething similar on the Colts uniform (or Jets or Patriots throwback)?

Although I've heard some people say that those horrid "half-loop" shoulder stripes are necessary because of the cut of today's jerseys, I think manufacturers can put an insert in wherever they want (and this photo seems to confirm that). It seems that Reebok, Nike, etc. have actually made an aesthetic decision to go with the truncated stripes... which is too bad, IMHO.

And, though I know this makes me an old fart hopelessly stuck in the past, I LOVE the Chargers' road throwbacks (other than the fact that the outline of the bolt on the helmet doesn't match the outline on the pants, which has always bugged me).

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

So, according to my records, these are the jerseys we still haven't seen this season:

Falcons black

Ravens black

Bears orange (this week?)

Browns throwback

Chiefs white

Eagles black

Chargers dark blue

Chargers light blue (not throwback)

Buccs throwback (next week?)

Titans dark blue

ujsignature.png

So, according to my records, these are the jerseys we still haven't seen this season:

Falcons black

Sadly, I wanna say the Falcons have all but retired their black alt jersey, instead, going with 1966 throwbacks as their alternate now.

6uXNWAo.png

Falcons black

Ravens black

Bears orange (this week?)

Browns throwback

Chiefs white

Eagles black

Chargers dark blue

Chargers light blue (not throwback)

Buccs throwback (next week?)

Titans dark blue

Chargers will be in their alts this week vs the Raiders.

Archived