2010 World Cup Group Stage Predictions

BrySmalls

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough draw for them, great draw for the fan with no horse in the race. That's gonna be an awesome game when those two get after it.

Also, Germany drew Ghana. Gonna be a good matchup as well.

France in Group A, you gotta be kidding me.

Group C won't be a group of death, England, USA, Algeria, & Slovenia. USA's gonna have a real good shot of getting out of this group.

Group G, however, will be. Brazil, North Korea, Cote D'Ivoire, & Portugal. OUCH.

Group G is a killer, Brazil, Ivory Coast and Portugal all together. Otherwise France being in Group A probably softens out the draw and makes it fairer. England should be happy enough with their draw, the other 3 teams in that group are probably relatively even. The USA could certainly think about getting into the round of 16. Or they might lose all 3 games.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

USMNT's WC2010 slogan: No Excuses.

Seriously. England's going to be tough, but if the US shows up to play like they're capable the other two games, they should be able to get through. No draw excuses this time around.

Group D's your group of death, no question: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana. Should be some great games in that one.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don;t think that group D is all that tough. Serbia aren't fantastic, Ghana and Germany ought to be reasonably confident of going through. Australia are well organised, but any team worth there salt should be able to beat them.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

In trying to determine the winner, it appears that FIFA through a curve and instead of picking from each pot to coincide with the group position (i.e., Pot 2 nations being selected as A2, B2, and so on), Pots 2 through 4 were scattered throughout the Groups (i.e., in Group H alone, you have a European team from Pot 4 in Position #2, a CONCACAF team from Pot 2 in Position #3, and a South American team from Pot 3 in Position #4.).

Should I score the results based on the picks provided compared to the Official Draw? What I mean is since Group H has Spain/Switzerland/Honduras/Chile, that I should match-up the original picks provided by those who participated.

Thoughts?

I was quite impressed that the FIFA guy at the draw knew about the famous 1950 England vs USA game, when the USA won 1-0 against an England team playing in their first world cup match. Though it has to be said that Charlize Theron is obviously not very impressed with geeks mind.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived