Which College Stadium have you been to and which is nicest?

cgcrusader13

I have been to Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (baseball), Kentucky Wildcats (football), Louisville Cardinals (football), Marshall Thundering Herd (football), Maryland Terrapins (football,baseball,basketball), Minnesota Golden Gophers (football), Navy Midshipmen (football), Tennessee Volunteers (football), Towson Tigers (football), UMBC Retrievers (basketball), and West Virginia Mountaineers.

1. Maryland

2. Navy - played a youth football championship game there and WON!!!

3. Marshall

4. Louisville

5. Tennessee

6. West Virginia

7. Kentucky

8. Minnesota

9. Coastal Carolina - played baseball on their field

10. UMBC

11. Towson

I have been to Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (baseball), Kentucky Wildcats (football), Louisville Cardinals (football), Marshall Thundering Herd (football), Maryland Terrapins (football,baseball,basketball), Minnesota Golden Gophers (football), Navy Midshipmen (football), Tennessee Volunteers (football), Towson Tigers (football), UMBC Retrievers (basketball), and West Virginia Mountaineers.

1. Maryland

3. Marshall

4. Louisville

5. Tennessee

6. West Virginia

7. Kentucky

8. Minnesota

10. UMBC

11. Towson

Are you going to keep doing this for every sporting venue you have been to?

1. Maryland

3. Marshall

4. Louisville

5. Tennessee

6. West Virginia

7. Kentucky

8. Minnesota

10. UMBC

11. Towson

Are you going to keep doing this for every sporting venue you have been to?

Nope, I'm done

I've only been to three college stadia: Sanford Stadium (Georgia), Bobby Dodd Stadium (Georgia Tech), and Vanderbilt Stadium. (Though, I wasn't actually at a game at Vandy....just walked around their stadium since the doors were open....)

Not to be biased, but Sanford beats the crap out of those other two venues. It felt like a college game.

I've been to Bobby Dodd Stadium before and after their remodelling. Cute little building, but just doesn't feel like a college game. It's either too old or too new in certain parts of the building.

Vandy's stadium is small. I'd probably get a better vibe for the place if a game were taking place.

Football:

The Glass Bowl: Toledo

Doyt Perry Stadium: Bowling Green

The Carrier Dome: Syracuse

Ohio Stadium: Ohio State (although this may come as a surprise to anyone who actually reads this...I have never actually seen a football game at The Horseshoe)

The Big House: Michigan. (Can't believe I forgot this one earlier.)

Frost-Kalnow Stadium: Tiffin University (Ohio)

George Finnie Stadium: Baldwin-Wallace University (Ohio)

Peden Stadium: Ohio University

Basketball:

Value City Arena: Ohio State

Savage Hall: Toledo

Anderson Arena: Bowling Green

Kates Gymnasium: Ashland University (Ohio)

Times Union Center: Albany (for the 1st round of the 1995 NCAA Tournament)

The Convocation Center: Ohio University

They all have their good and bad points.

BB52Big.jpg

Football:

The Glass Bowl: Toledo

Doyt Perry Stadium: Bowling Green

Ohio Stadium: Ohio State (although this may come as a surprise to anyone who actually reads this...I have never actually seen a football game at The Horseshoe)

Frost-Kalnow Stadium: Tiffin University (Ohio)

George Finnie Stadium: Baldwin-Wallace University (Ohio)

Peden Stadium: Ohio University

Basketball:

Value City Arena: Ohio State

Savage Hall: Toledo

Anderson Arena: Bowling Green

Kates Gymnasium: Ashland University (Ohio)

Times Union Center: Albany (for the 1st round of the 1995 NCAA Tournament)

The Convocation Center: Ohio University

They all have their good and bad points.

:shocked:

glossysig5.png

Ive been to

Ohio Stadium(twice) for OSU vs Cincinnati

Nippert Stadium-Cincinnati for many games

Papa John's Cardinal Stadium for Cincinnati vs Louisville

Doyt Perry Stadium- Bowling Green(not for football though)

Pontiac Silverdome-For the Motor City Bowl twice

and for what was then known as Dolphin Stadium for the Orange Bowl last year

Signature intentionally left blank

The last Mississippi State football game I went to was in 1999, which was a couple of months before I moved from the Golden Triangle area up there to Biloxi, MS. Needless to say, that stadium has changed dramatically since I've been there, so I can't really comment on it. Morehouse's stadium is basically one side with bleachers, and the other with the MLK Center staring you right in the face. Nothing special.

The last time I went to the Hump @ MSU was '98, and from what I've seen and heard it's exactly the same since I left, other than a few more banners. Nothing special at all, I wasn't even impressed with it as a kid, and when I was a kid I loved any stadium. Morehouse's gym is basically a bigger high school gym.

Best college venue that I've been to, far and away, was Bobby Dodd Stadium @ Georgia Tech for a Mississippi State game...in which my boys got blown out by like 40. Needless to say I didn't enjoy it too much, but it was definitely a cool venue to watch a game.

1. Maryland

3. Marshall

4. Louisville

5. Tennessee

6. West Virginia

7. Kentucky

8. Minnesota

10. UMBC

11. Towson

Big Ten: Ohio Stadium; Michigan Stadium; Beaver Stadium; Ryan Field; Ross-Ade Stadium; Spartan Stadium; Metrodome (Minn.)

Pac 10: LA Coliseum; Rose Bowl (for UCLA, the bowl game and BCS Title games); Sun Devil Stadium; Husky Stadium; Cal Memorial Stadium; new Stanford Stadium

Big XII: DKR Memorial; Gaylord Family/Owen Field; Kyle Field; Floyd Casey Stadium; Cotton Bowl for Texas/OU

SEC: Ben Hill Griffin; Jordan-Hare; Bryant-Denny; Sanford; Tiger Stadium(If it didn't rain, it would be #1); Neyland (Good time there); Kentucky

ACC: Landshark; Orange Bowl (The best atmosphere when they were great! And they served booze!); Kenan (overrated); Doak Campbell; Alumni Stadium (also too rainy); Memorial (Clemson); Bobby Dodd

Big East: None currently

Non-BCS: Bulldog Stadium (Fresno); Amon Carter (TCU); Ford (SMU); Rice; Citrus Bowl (Game); Spartan Stadium (SJSU)

Walkup SkyDome (Northern Arizona)

Stanford Stadium (Stanford)

Sun Devil Stadium (Arizona State)

Washington-Grizzly Stadium (Montana)

Bobcat Stadium ( Montana State)

There is some more, but I dont remember them all

Best college venue that I've been to, far and away, was Bobby Dodd Stadium @ Georgia Tech for a Mississippi State game...in which my boys got blown out by like 40. Needless to say I didn't enjoy it too much, but it was definitely a cool venue to watch a game.

I will say this....a night game at Bobby Dodd Stadium can be a fun atmosphere. That Notre Dame-Georgia Tech game a couple years ago was a festive evening. And the good guys won that night, which was a positive. Since my chances of attending a game in Notre Dame Stadium are slim, might as well catch Notre Dame on the road.

Come to think of it, I think I've gone to more games at Tech than I have in Athens....

I will say this....a night game at Bobby Dodd Stadium can be a fun atmosphere. That Notre Dame-Georgia Tech game a couple years ago was a festive evening. And the good guys won that night, which was a positive. Since my chances of attending a game in Notre Dame Stadium are slim, might as well catch Notre Dame on the road.

Come to think of it, I think I've gone to more games at Tech than I have in Athens....

Whoa! That was the game I went too. I went to that game with a guy who also went to teh Thursday night game at MSU on opening weekend.

I forgot ND stadium. I went to two games there.

1994-When Remy Hamilton kicked the game winning FG. The UM student tickets were actually on the field. That was when I thought that Ron Powlus would be money.

2002 (vs. Pitt.)

Memorial Stadium - Cal

Stanford Stadium - Stanford

Husky Stadium - Washington

Autzen Stadium - Oregon

Reser Stadium - Oregon State

Memorial Coliseum - USC

Rose Bowl - UCLA

Spartan Stadium - San Jose State

Bulldog Stadium - Fresno State

Qualcomm Stadium - San Diego State

War Memorial Stadium - Wyoming

Hughes Stadium - Colorado State

Folsom Field - Colorado

Memorial Stadium - Nebraska

Notre Dame Stadium - Notre Dame

Ryan Field - Northwestern

Michigan Stadium - Michigan

Ohio Stadium - Ohio State (nicest so far)

Michigan Stadium - UM vs. San Diego State a couple years back. My first taste of NCAA football, and am saving to do a return, hopefully against a rival like Notre Dame, State or OSU.

Wickes Memorial Stadium - Saginaw Valley State vs. Findlay a couple years back. A nice little stadium for DII football.

Rogers Centre - 2 International Bowls, not a great place for football, but fun none the less.

1zqy8ok.gif

Franklin Field (U of Penn) - had HS football practice there a few times. Kind of a dump, since it's super old and hasn't been maintained well (and has (or at least had) crappy turf, but from a historical point of view, it is one stadium that any fan of college sports needs to go to at least once (along with the Pallestra)).

Villanova Stadium (Villanova) - played in Eastern State Championship Game in '94 there.

Beaver Stadium (Penn St.) - was on sidelines for PSU vs. Rutgers in '94.

Lincoln Financial Field (Temple) - worked a bunch of TU games there, saw Virginia Tech, Miami (FL), Penn St., and a couple of other big schools.

Heinz Field (PITT) - saw several PITT games there, am going to the PITT vs. Cincinnati game in a couple of weeks.

PITT Stadium (PITT) - saw PITT vs. Washington State in the mid '90s ('97 I think?)

Royal Stadium (Texas) - was there during off season. Hopped a fence with a few friends and started walking around. Ran in to the AD or assistant AD who questioned who we were and why we were there. We said we're Villanova fans in town to see them play Texas, and we just wanted to see the stadium. We thought he was going to call the police since we were tresspassing, but instead, he was super cool and actually took us on a full tour of the stadium, locker rooms, press area, and administrative offices. An awesome experience.

Bobby Dodd Stadium (Georgia Tech) - Gave myself a tour when I was in Atlanta a few years ago.

I've driven past many other stadiums (Youngstown, the Rubber Bowl in Akron, U of Toledo, UConn, and probably a bunch of others.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Memorial Stadium (IL) - Been here the most and it's my favorite, I love it there.

Memorial Stadium (IN)- Not quite the same atmosphere, but the renovations look great. I got to go down into the new section they built for the players under the seating and it's pretty amazing.

Notre Dame Stadium - Best atmosphere out of anywhere I've been. It's Notre Dame football for a reason.

Metrodome - Saw my cousin play here once. By far my least favorite, we had to sit in the upper deck and the area between rows up there seemed really steep.

Camp Randall Stadium - I wasn't here for a game so I don't really have a comment.

Waldo Stadium - Was able to sit in the stands at Western Michigan watching my cousin when they hosted a camp for high school seniors. It's alright, much smaller than the other places I've been to.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived