Cola

Coast2CoastAM2006

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's funny how red has become the only acceptable color for any generic "cola" flavored soda. I know that Pepsi and RC are blue, but I think every other brand uses red. You never (and BBTV means never) see a green cola, or orange cola.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I find that funny as well...Probably because many people instantly associate green with Sprite, Mtn Dew, or some fake variant of such; orange with, well, orange; and maroon with Dr. whatever.

Although I am curious as to how a company, if it was to step out and do it, would market a cola with another uncommon color. Yellow, maybe? (To the best of my knowledge, no banana-flavored sodas exist...seems it'd be ripe for the picking.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I find that funny as well...Probably because many people instantly associate green with Sprite, Mtn Dew, or some fake variant of such; orange with, well, orange; and maroon with Dr. whatever.

Although I am curious as to how a company, if it was to step out and do it, would market a cola with another uncommon color. Yellow, maybe? (To the best of my knowledge, no banana-flavored sodas exist...seems it'd be ripe for the picking.)

There is Squirt, that bottle is yellow.

And Canada Dry Tonic Water

Canada-Dry-Tonic-Water_0E4758DA.jpg

There is Squirt, that bottle is yellow.

And Canada Dry Tonic Water

Canada-Dry-Tonic-Water_0E4758DA.jpg

And Pineapple Crush

PineappleCrush.jpg

193-04-carribean-food-banana-soda.jpg

Busta Banana is made by S.M. Jaleel & Co - which is the brand that makes "Chubby" soda.

As an aside, I am a soda-pop expert, and I am on the Wal-Mart "COLA" case.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I am told by a source that .58 COLA is a Cott generic re-brand - possibly RC cola, but my source doesn't know for certain.

Someone should do a test - RC is not widely available where I'm at.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I am told by a source that .58 COLA is a Cott generic re-brand - possibly RC cola, but my source doesn't know for certain.

Someone should do a test - RC is not widely available where I'm at.

Cott also does the Sams Choice sodas which obviously does RC. But RC just got new labeling, so i can't imagine this being a rebrand for RC Cola. i'm guessing this is some generic thing that Cott is sending out as a generic soda to go along with the walmart sams sodas. i also noticed they have a .58 diet cola like that. Right now its flexed in with the sams colas and the sams diet colas. i won't get in to how its a pain in the ass to stock when this takes up a facing that i need when the regular sams colas comes in.

SC cola has a spot for 3 facings on the top layer and 3 facings on the bottom layer. Right now COLA is taking up 2 facings where normally SC cola would be. now i'm having to overstock 2 cases that normally would go in those two facings. same situation with the diet COLA.

and as a final question, with the WM rebrand, was the sodas part of the gv rebrand? i don't know if anyone has seen any sodas with white background with a single strip of color with a clip art picture on the label.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

And Pineapple Crush

PineappleCrush.jpg

When they come up with that?! I want to try it, but am scared to at the same time...

It's been around for at least a decade - it's only in small market areas in Canada - all over Newfoundland and Labrador, for instance, but only in isolated pockets elsewhere. I know it's available in Fort MacMurray, Alberta, mostly because of the high amount of Newfoundlanders that live there.

Once in awhile, a 7-11 here in Regina gets a few cases of that and this:

IMG_1793.JPG

Birch Beer is okay - kind of a minty aftertaste, similar to an older style Sassparilla.

Spoiler

Does this still exist?

tahitiantreat.gif

In North America, it is done, according to the dr.pepper/snapple group, but who knows.

1215145404_4d4ed60223.jpg?v=0

I was able to get it recently in Kansas.

In Canada, it is still available, again, only in certain areas. It is distributed by Canada Dry and called "Tahiti Treat."

Also, the Rock Star Fruit Punch in the black can tastes almost exactly the same.

rockstarfruitpunch.jpg

Spoiler

Wait a freakin' second here...there is a pineapple crush? I think I might have to enter a Wal-Mart to check this out.

Pinapple Crush will be a difficult thing to find in BC...I couldn't find any in Vancouver when I was there.

Spoiler

Wait a freakin' second here...there is a pineapple crush? I think I might have to enter a Wal-Mart to check this out.

Pinapple Crush will be a difficult thing to find in BC...I couldn't find any in Vancouver when I was there.

In Edmonton you can get it (and the Birch Beer) at Sobey's.

I haven't seen Tahiti Treat for a long time here...

Archived