Oakland Raiders Logo Concept

Davidson

From a marketing standpoint, I don't know how you would show this to kids without making them fudge themselves. A chill ran down MY spine when I saw it. The NFL would possibly want you to tone it down a bit.

From my standpoint, this is sheer AWESOMENESS, and to hell with the NFL. If I had to pick at one thing, it would be that the outline of the shield is too much, but I love it the way it is. :grin:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a marketing standpoint, I don't know how you would show this to kids without making them fudge themselves. A chill ran down MY spine when I saw it. The NFL would possibly want you to tone it down a bit.

From my standpoint, this is sheer AWESOMENESS, and to hell with the NFL. If I had to pick at one thing, it would be that the outline of the shield is too much, but I love it the way it is. :grin:

In a word, it's excellent!

very nice job on an excellent logo update.

I have one suggestion though, make it much more simplified, much more iconic, less illustrative. I think from a distance it needs to stand up and be easily recognizable. Less beveling / highlights, add an eye-patch and as others have said re-work the helmet.

Great work!

I agree with this in full. It's a great illustration, and works great for a Raiders Crazy Fan section logo. I saw a badass tattoo upon first glance. I like it, but it didn't say NFL logo to me. With a few changes I think you could have that.

Good work as always Fraser.

if you look at the image of the logo posted on the mesh background it starts looking more simplified and iconic already. You don't notice the silver in the logo as much.

very nice job on an excellent logo update.

I have one suggestion though, make it much more simplified, much more iconic, less illustrative. I think from a distance it needs to stand up and be easily recognizable. Less beveling / highlights, add an eye-patch and as others have said re-work the helmet.

Great work!

I agree with this in full. It's a great illustration, and works great for a Raiders Crazy Fan section logo. I saw a badass tattoo upon first glance. I like it, but it didn't say NFL logo to me. With a few changes I think you could have that.

Good work as always Fraser.

if you look at the image of the logo posted on the mesh background it starts looking more simplified and iconic already. You don't notice the silver in the logo as much.

i agree, it looks best on the jersey concept because those highlights go away. there seems to be a better balance of color as well

heres what i have so far. still some work to do with strokes, but everything is in place now

2e3v4id.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

davidson this time you have inspired me. i have been working on raider uniforms and planning on a logo upgrade. so i decided to start on the logo today. heres my sketch

30c291s.jpg

i like it but why does the skull have an eyeball?

If having an eyeball is a problem, then why not go further and question the need for an eye patch?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

davidson this time you have inspired me. i have been working on raider uniforms and planning on a logo upgrade. so i decided to start on the logo today. heres my sketch

30c291s.jpg

i like it but why does the skull have an eyeball?

If having an eyeball is a problem, then why not go further and question the need for an eye patch?

well the eyepatch could've been there when the person died but the eyeball would eventually disintegrate

Awesome work. I always enjoy seeing your stuff. That said, I agree with others about maybe simplifying the mark and tweaking the helmet, but the one thing that truly bothers me is the wordmark. Your logo is so much more badass than the simplicity of Futura. I think a typeface with more badassery is in order.

I'm just picturing how awesome that helmet would look if it were black.

The thing with the eyepatch is:

1. It doesn't make sense to have an eyepatch when the skull has no eyes.

2. Adding an eyepatch would seem to clutter the face. It would also look too similar to the current eyesockets which are all black too.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Yeah but look at the Bucs' skull, maybe not as menacing as this one, but I dont see kids fudging over the Bucs one lol. I love this one as is, but it would probably have to be toned down for NFL standards, which then might get compared to the Bucs one, then they wouldnt be feeling too good about it.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

first off, thanks for sharing your work with us. truly awesome to look at. i like how you got the eyes perspective to peer down and up at the viewer. second, will or have you posted a mesh mock up template/tutorial?

its made in after effects and not photoshop so a tutorial wouldnt be much use to anybody really. you could def achieve something similar in photoshop, but its harder to get proper depth of field, displacement map and light effects.

if you were to do something similar tho, this is how i did it:

texttutorial.png

from left to right:

- take your texture

- multiply on your logo

- add dirt textures

- add wave texture

- apply displacement map to wave texture

- apply camera and angle lense

- apply lights

- grade and add depth of field.

this is one of my favorite things ive seen on here in a while. i personally liked how the helmet was different than a real football helmet and comes out near the skull. i know other said they didnt like that part. it makes it seem like it's some kind of mideival football helmet or somekind of evil football helmet like a raider fan would wear himself. and keeping the font the same works for me since it is the raiders font and theres nothing wrong with it. i guess i have no suggestions for improvement since i am a huge fan of this.

Archived