Oakland Raiders Logo Concept

Davidson

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I just thought I'd throw my thoughts in at this stage.

I am the Head Coach of the West Sydney Pirates American Football team here in Sydney, Australia and I contacted Fraser for some thoughts/suggestions for a logo based on his Oakland Raiders concept.

What he's come up with has totally blown us away! Everyone I've shown it to has been so impressed by the design and we can't wait to launch it this season. We intend to use this as an ongoing image for our team and not just restrict it to the 25th anniversary as it's obviously too good to only have for one year. Our season will commence with pre-season training in June so the plan is to keep things under wraps (as much as possible) until then and launch the new image, update the website, etc from there.

We can't thank Fraser enough for his enthusiasm, patience, and outstanding work.

Guys I just thought I'd throw my thoughts in at this stage.

I am the Head Coach of the West Sydney Pirates American Football team here in Sydney, Australia and I contacted Fraser for some thoughts/suggestions for a logo based on his Oakland Raiders concept.

What he's come up with has totally blown us away! Everyone I've shown it to has been so impressed by the design and we can't wait to launch it this season. We intend to use this as an ongoing image for our team and not just restrict it to the 25th anniversary as it's obviously too good to only have for one year. Our season will commence with pre-season training in June so the plan is to keep things under wraps (as much as possible) until then and launch the new image, update the website, etc from there.

We can't thank Fraser enough for his enthusiasm, patience, and outstanding work.

what once was a concept is now going to be an official mark? this is awesome. by far the most impressive concept ive seen on the boards.

• 5 months later...

Interesting that the Pirates website shows blatant rip-offs of other sports logos.

You're right Funkatron and that just adds to how much we appreciate Fraser's work.

I'm the Head Coach of the Pirates and I have been frustrated for years by the lack of imagination by some of the other teams in our League. We have tried to be original throughout our history and Fraser has now taken us to a new level.

Of the teams in our League - The Bondi Raiders' logo is based on the old University of Hawaii logo as their Head Coach played there - The Central Coast Sharks are a new team and I think their logo is unique but I'm not certain - The Penrith City Outlaws use a version of the Las Vegas Outlaws logo from the XFL - The Sydney University Lions use the University Sports logo (because they have to) - The Sutherland Seahawks use a recoloured Atlanta Falcons logo - The North Western Predators use the Orlando Predators logo from the old Arena League - UTS Gridiron are kind of know as the "Gators" but have to use the University logo - and the Wollongong Mustangs use a recoloured Denver Broncos logo.

So what you see on our website isn't something that we've come up with, it's the logos that the other teams use.

I'm so thankful that Fraser has given us something which is light years ahead of anyone elses (and we'd like to keep him for ourselves :D )

yo,

so further to my comments on nutinis thread i was inspired to finish a concept i started a while back.

the guy on the raiders helmet has always looked entirely expressionless save the slightly misplaced

mona lisa smirk.

i wanted something that captured a bit more of the feeling of the mentalists behind the endzone

whilst retaining something of the original logo.

please let me know what you think.

ta fraser

raiders2.png

RAIDERSJERSEY.png

RAIDERShelmet.png

That helmet would look sweet if it was black, black facemask and no stripes!

Congrats Davidson, your work looks incredible as a finished product. This logo's primary and alternate are easily some of the best work I have ever seen on this board. Congratulations again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Interesting that the Pirates website shows blatant rip-offs of other sports logos.

You're right Funkatron and that just adds to how much we appreciate Fraser's work.

I'm the Head Coach of the Pirates and I have been frustrated for years by the lack of imagination by some of the other teams in our League. We have tried to be original throughout our history and Fraser has now taken us to a new level.

Of the teams in our League - The Bondi Raiders' logo is based on the old University of Hawaii logo as their Head Coach played there - The Central Coast Sharks are a new team and I think their logo is unique but I'm not certain - The Penrith City Outlaws use a version of the Las Vegas Outlaws logo from the XFL - The Sydney University Lions use the University Sports logo (because they have to) - The Sutherland Seahawks use a recoloured Atlanta Falcons logo - The North Western Predators use the Orlando Predators logo from the old Arena League - UTS Gridiron are kind of know as the "Gators" but have to use the University logo - and the Wollongong Mustangs use a recoloured Denver Broncos logo.

So what you see on our website isn't something that we've come up with, it's the logos that the other teams use.

I'm so thankful that Fraser has given us something which is light years ahead of anyone elses (and we'd like to keep him for ourselves :D )

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply any wrong doing by your organization, just an observation of what other teams were doing. You're team's logo is now absolutely elite and heads and shoulders above the rest. I'm assuming the on-field production will match this season. :D

• 5 weeks later...

Archived