Oakland Raiders Logo Concept

Davidson

I think these teams, and other "semi-pro" teams take logos because they're available, they don't understand the work that goes into the logos and they don't want to spend the money to pay someone to make them an original image. My question to you guys, what a ballpark price that a team would expect to pay for a logo(s). I ask because I play on a "semi-pro" team who wants to use a Raiders logo and I want to stop them, and other teams in our league from making the same mistakes.

You can get a decent quality logo for a couple hundred bucks, maybe even less. Far less than the risk of a potential lawsuit I would think.

Hell, I bet some people on here would do them really cheap, or possibly even free just to get the practice and to build their portfolio!

I'll have to pass that on to the guys. Thank you.

I love the logos Fraser, and your work is amazing.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these teams, and other "semi-pro" teams take logos because they're available, they don't understand the work that goes into the logos and they don't want to spend the money to pay someone to make them an original image. My question to you guys, what a ballpark price that a team would expect to pay for a logo(s). I ask because I play on a "semi-pro" team who wants to use a Raiders logo and I want to stop them, and other teams in our league from making the same mistakes.

You can get a decent quality logo for a couple hundred bucks, maybe even less. Far less than the risk of a potential lawsuit I would think.

Hell, I bet some people on here would do them really cheap, or possibly even free just to get the practice and to build their portfolio!

I'll have to pass that on to the guys. Thank you.

I love the logos Fraser, and your work is amazing.

You could always try the request board and see if you get any interest.

Also the price I listed is really a loose ballpark, I have no idea what someone like Fraser charges and I certainly don't want to speak on his behalf. I will say that whatever he does charge is probably well worth the money!

These guys are making enemies quick. I believe Ford Motor Company would like a few words with their lawyers.

Graphics.jpgford-mustang-cobra-logo-emblem-iron-on-patch-patches_270445010516.jpg

Also, that Mass Fury logo looks a bit like the LA Extreme of the former XFL.

5246.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I trust you found this on their "About Us" section of the site?

E.F.L. Management Directory

Commisioner - Jim Kearney (617)201-8190

President - Bob Kalinyak - (207)829-5702

Vice President - Jaime Cairns - (401)569-6627

Secretary - Tom Zichella - (508)460-1325

Treasurer - Peter O'Kane - (617)922-3275

Apparently there is a team up near me in Maine, if nobody can get the ear of the guys that run this league, maybe I could try talking to the guys that run the Maine team in person. See if they understand the problem and can get you in touch with the heads of the league. Bit of a last-ditch effort, but it could work.

Or I could try out for the team...make it, have a hall of fame career playing for them, then retire and become the president of the league based off my on-field accomplishments. Once in power I could rid the league of all the stolen logos, from the inside. Hollywood, take note of this story.

The "M" with the crossed swords looks alot like Montana State's "M".

That block style M is fairly common for colleges. Michigan, Mercer, Memphis and McNeese all use a similar M. In fact I would say it is closer to Michigan than Montana State.

After looking at both Michigan and Montana State's M's you're absolutely right.

Here's the only contact info the Blue Raiders give on their website.

Twin City Blue Raiders Contact Informations

Marcos Meza, Head Coach:

19 Pierce Avenue

Suite C#7

Fitchburg, MA 01420

(978) 235-6636

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So a recap. Assuming that they don't actually have permission to use the following logos, which is highly likely due to Fraser's Raiders logo.

bucs%20icon.gif Team: Bay State Bucs. Ripoff of: Tampa Bay Bucs.

ravens%20large.gif Team: Boston Ravens. Recolor: Baltimore Ravens.

cowboys%20large.gif Team: Braintree Cowboys. Ripoff of: Dallas Cowboys.

townies%20icon.gif Team: Townies Variation of: Tampa Bay Bucs. Probably safe?

clinton%20icon.gif Team: Clinton Irish Blizzard. Recolor: Chicago Bears

sminoles.gif Team: Hyde Park Seminoles Ripoff of: Florida State.

Militia.gif Team: Quincy Militia. Ripoff of: Robert Morris.

Oh, and obviously Fraser's.

The rest I don't recognize.

FD, if it helps this is a copyright infringement letter i got from another designer whose good with the legal stuff. id advise to personalize this letter (your name and such) and email to whoever you can. others are welcome to it as well ofcourse

Weasel,

I'm contacting InfringingWeasels.com in regards to a copyright violation. Below is all the pertenant information you require regarding DMCA protocol along with a few other points of information I need to have answered as well regarding the infringed artwork.

1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

This email acts as my electronic signature. I have also attached a scan of my signature. This should suffice.

<Insert Actual Scan of Your Signature Here>

2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.

My original artwork can be seen in my art blog post and a tutorial documenting it's creation as well. Both links are posted below for your comparison.

Art Blog: http://yourblog.com/yourart.jpg

My Tutorial Site: http://www.yoursite.com/yourart.jpg

3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the InfringingWeasels to locate the material.

The artwork on InfringingWeasels.com that is infringing upon my work can be found at the link below. It is the "Your Artwork Title" in the upper right hand corner in the group of four shown. (See attached image for clarification)

http://www.InfringingWeasels.com/pic.mhtml?file=236695,1229721109,4

4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the InfringingWeasels to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.

Your Name Here

Business Name Here

555 Address Goes Here

City, State 99555

555-555-5555

name@yoursite.com

5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

I'm the creator and copyright owner of the artwork in question. At no time have I granted usage or licensing of this art to a second party to sell on InfringingWeasels.com.

6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

All statements and information within this email are true.

7. In addition to the minimal DMCA requirements I also require the following information to be provided to me the copyright holder of the artwork in question.

- Full contact information (Name, Address, Phone, Email) of person responsible for uploading my artwork to InfringingWeasels.com web site.

- Notification of all parties who downloaded this artwork and informed of violation and refunded accordingly

- InfringingWeasels.com will notify Your Business Name Here when this has been done

Thank you for your time and handling of this matter.

Your Name Here

Signature File Here

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

That works great until they try to go to InfringingWeasels.com

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

You can try to get money out of these teams, but the reality is you're not likely to get anything. A cease and desist can stop them from using your logo, but won't stop them from finding another alternative.

"Semi-Pro" is a loose term with teams like this. They have an owner and sponsors, but most of that money goes toward equipment, field usage fees, league memberships, and referees. A lot of these teams struggle to field enough players during the season. Some of the better teams might be able to sell merchandise, but it's tough to tell which teams are which. Half of the time, teams don't even wear consistent uniforms or helmets.

The equipment is usually garnered as inexpensive as possible, or have the players provide their own. A lot of teams do have original logos, but there's no way of knowing if the artist was paid for the work.

It's wrong to "acquire" the art. I am not going to dispute that. This is clearly a case of using a found logo.

But I don't think anyone's going to get money out of this. At best, someone might get to pad their portfolio.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

cheers guys, appreciate the help.

no, of course i dont want to extract a huge amount of money from them. like was said, these teams arent huge commercial ventures. its just nice have control over who is using your work.

ill let you know how i get on.

fd

It's really sad when something like this happens (the theft, not the original concept). The original concept was brilliant in it's execution. Now, the only thing needing to be executed is the league who stole it. When I first heard this league, I figured it was some hick fantasy league with people who just poached the logos with different colors. Now, I see that the league is somewhat real, and I can only think....the exact same thing. Hick league, no class. Personally, I will stand by my earlier statement (on pages 5 and 7, for those who forgot). This is one of the absolute best Raider concepts, ever, period.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• 5 months later...

Frasier what background, gradient or pattern are you using with your logos that give it a mesh look?

Trey

yo,

so further to my comments on nutinis thread i was inspired to finish a concept i started a while back.

the guy on the raiders helmet has always looked entirely expressionless save the slightly misplaced

mona lisa smirk.

i wanted something that captured a bit more of the feeling of the mentalists behind the endzone

whilst retaining something of the original logo.

please let me know what you think.

ta fraser

raiders2.png

RAIDERSJERSEY.png

RAIDERShelmet.png

Archived