Oakland Raiders Logo Concept

Davidson

Come summer time, I'll probably have a closeup view of this, I think this team will be playing in a league that I officiate, and most likely, I'll work one of their games at some point.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its just a white helmet i have. they sent me the decals and i stuck them on.

No i mean the shadowing and higlights on the logos are different. Like the grey part of the logo.

It looks like it is out of registration.

yeah, how couldve that happened? do they print different colors at different times for helmet decals?

Unless the piece is printed on an inkjet printer (or other type of digital press), the colors are always printed separately. Any high-quality decal is almost certainly screen printed or offset printed onto the clear decal substrate.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Id like to add another to their list of Seven

1. Commitment - to become the best

2. Heart - to never quit

3. Respect - the rules and guidelines

4. Pride - for the game we all love

5. Integrity - be honest with yourself

6. Execute - perform flawlessly

7. Team Work - conquer all as a team

8. Theft - take what you like from designers

man that's one of the things that turns me off graphic design, people steal your work and it's hard to find the thieves. You should start putting watermarks on your work...

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Id like to add another to their list of Seven

1. Commitment - to become the best

8. Theft - take what you like from designers

LOL! or maybe to keep it in theme: "pillage"...

Congrats on the Aussie gridiron gig!

The one thing that was slightly bothering me with the monogram vs. the logo, is that he swords are different and are placed at different angel.

Probably would make the "W" too wide; but you could have changed the swords from the logo....

Did I mention I suffered from a slight case of OCD?

Would also love to see purple casual apparel...

GREAT WORK!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

So Fraser, do you need to hire a lawyer every time some idiot steals your work? Or do you try contacting the offender first, and then if they don't act like a decent human being you contact a lawyer? Have you ever had to go through legal hell over something like this?

So Fraser, do you need to hire a lawyer every time some idiot steals your work? Or do you try contacting the offender first, and then if they don't act like a decent human being you contact a lawyer? Have you ever had to go through legal hell over something like this?

Dont really know yet. So far, I have managed to resolve most issues to some degree of satisfaction. Its only because of the hawk eyed folks of the board that these matters come to light. These guys seem quite hard to get hold of, I cant find an email address for them anywhere. There is a phone number and PO box. I have tried calling the number, but Id rather write than argue over the phone at a few bucks per minute.

These were the original versions of the raiders logo update I made. He has clearly stolen the second version:

raiders.pngraiders2.pngraiders3.png

It looks like a dodgy vector trace. The dot is the sword is missing and there are some wobbly lines.

Whats most upsetting is that this is a preliminary sketch that I posted on the board (hence the lack of watermarks or distorted grades. Its irritating enough when a piece of finished artwork is stolen. Its even more irritating when someone alters your work and its very annoying when someone robs a rough draft. So I get no compensation AND it looks sh**.

These made me laugh:

3. Respect - the rules and guidelines

5. Integrity - be honest with yourself

You might want to try to contact the web page designer.

http://agapecreative.com/

He might not be aware of the infraction and might have better contact information. Then again, there the Eminem song at the team's front splash page which I rather doubt they paid for permission to use either.

There's also the league site...

http://www.easternfootballleague.com/

which does have an e-mail address.

easternfootballleague@gmail.com

I'm not sure if they have an e-mail address for that team they could pass on to you. But considering their site now also has your pilfered logo, they might want to take it down.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

He might not be aware of the infraction and might have better contact information. Then again, there the Eminem song at the team's front splash page which I rather doubt they paid for permission to use either.

I'm not sure if they have an e-mail address for that team they could pass on to you. But considering their site now also has your pilfered logo, they might want to take it down.

Nice one, thanks for that. Will take a look.

Judging by that site they have no qualms about stealing logos. I count the Bucs, Seminoles, Cowboys, Bears, Ravens, and Fraser's Raiders. The Quincy Militia logo looks like a Patriots alt, but too good to be true - anyone lay claim to it from these boards?

Also, judging by the team stores they sell no merchandise with the logos on them. I didn't go through every site, but not every team has a store.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

EFL? Never mind...I don't work that league.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Judging by that site they have no qualms about stealing logos. I count the Bucs, Seminoles, Cowboys, Bears, Ravens, and Fraser's Raiders. The Quincy Militia logo looks like a Patriots alt, but too good to be true - anyone lay claim to it from these boards?

Also, judging by the team stores they sell no merchandise with the logos on them. I didn't go through every site, but not every team has a store.

WOW! the entire league is filled with stolen logos :shocked:

3535rx3.jpg

Yeah, this "league" could be in quite a bit of legal trouble here.

I believe the Militia logo is a direct ripoff of Robert Morris.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=pppp65ou9ulqrum1hoapqwee9

Hell I think I still see the top of the R in their logo.

:censored: these guys. They are blatantly stealing other people's work.

Man you're right they are just a who's who of stolen logos aren't they!

FD if they give you any crap I reckon you should just tell them you'll alert the NFL cos there are at least two blatant NFL rips being used there and I doubt they'd let that league carry on using stolen graphics.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Yeah, this "league" could be in quite a bit of legal trouble here.

I believe the Militia logo is a direct ripoff of Robert Morris.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=pppp65ou9ulqrum1hoapqwee9

Hell I think I still see the top of the R in their logo.

:censored: these guys. They are blatantly stealing other people's work.

Man you're right they are just a who's who of stolen logos aren't they!

FD if they give you any crap I reckon you should just tell them you'll alert the NFL cos there are at least two blatant NFL rips being used there and I doubt they'd let that league carry on using stolen graphics.

9erssteve

The only reason I know it's Robert Morris is because I researched various logos of its kind for my high school logo project. I didn't even want to risk it being similar.

I think these teams, and other "semi-pro" teams take logos because they're available, they don't understand the work that goes into the logos and they don't want to spend the money to pay someone to make them an original image. My question to you guys, what a ballpark price that a team would expect to pay for a logo(s). I ask because I play on a "semi-pro" team who wants to use a Raiders logo and I want to stop them, and other teams in our league from making the same mistakes.

I think these teams, and other "semi-pro" teams take logos because they're available, they don't understand the work that goes into the logos and they don't want to spend the money to pay someone to make them an original image. My question to you guys, what a ballpark price that a team would expect to pay for a logo(s). I ask because I play on a "semi-pro" team who wants to use a Raiders logo and I want to stop them, and other teams in our league from making the same mistakes.

You can get a decent quality logo for a couple hundred bucks, maybe even less. Far less than the risk of a potential lawsuit I would think.

Hell, I bet some people on here would do them really cheap, or possibly even free just to get the practice and to build their portfolio!

Archived