Oakland Raiders Logo Concept

Davidson

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the alternate uniforms but Al Davis wouldn't. If the Raiders did any sort of alternate it would be a complete black-out, black Helmet, black jersey, black pants, and black socks. Maybe black cleats but NFL rules don't allow teams to switch cleat colors (The Raiders wear white cleats with black accents).

raiders-2.png

Maybe black cleats but NFL rules don't allow teams to switch cleat colors

You mean midseason? Or they can never, ever change cleat colors once they've selected one?

You can certainly change cleat colours. All through the 80's and most of the 90's the 49ers all wore white (with the exception or Ronnie Lott who was famous for his black hi-tops) but in 2007 I think it was Nolan decided we should switch to black cos it was "old school", go figure? Anyway we're still playing in the dang things and I'd much rather they went back to white.

As to not being allowed to change midseason I'd dispute that one too, cos with the number of players all signed to endorsement deals with shoe manufacturers you see guys playing in different cleats every week often with different colour schemes and designs, now yeah there's always a chance the NFL is fining these guys week in and week out and the shoe companies are covering the fines just so their products are seen on tv but as petty as the NFL can be I think that might be a stretch.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

yo,

so further to my comments on nutinis thread i was inspired to finish a concept i started a while back.

the guy on the raiders helmet has always looked entirely expressionless save the slightly misplaced

mona lisa smirk.

i wanted something that captured a bit more of the feeling of the mentalists behind the endzone

whilst retaining something of the original logo.

please let me know what you think.

ta fraser

raiders2.png

RAIDERSJERSEY.png

RAIDERShelmet.png

yo,

so further to my comments on nutinis thread i was inspired to finish a concept i started a while back.

the guy on the raiders helmet has always looked entirely expressionless save the slightly misplaced

mona lisa smirk.

i wanted something that captured a bit more of the feeling of the mentalists behind the endzone

whilst retaining something of the original logo.

please let me know what you think.

ta fraser

raiders2.png

RAIDERSJERSEY.png

RAIDERShelmet.png

Personally, I think this is a huge upgrade over any other Raiders attempt I've seen here on the boards. One thing though - instead of going with an eyepatch, which clearly isn't working, why not try colored (red? yellow? old gold?) pupils, slightly angled (about the size of a comma as opposed to a period) in the eyesockets? And to address the issue with the fireman's look on the hat, why not just make it a darker shade of grey to give it more of an offsetting from the skull and shield? Might work....

The other (unintentional, I'm sure) thing I noticed is that the hilts of the swords look like a lowercase "A" and an uppercase "D" when looked at from a certain perspective, which is a very subtle nod to Al Davis, and rather intriguing. The negative space covers that "hidden" element perfectly. And that, makes the logo even better, because the "hidden" element can be spotted by insiders, but when you look at the logo itself, it doesn't even strike you at first glance.

Mega-thumbs up! Great work!

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• 4 weeks later...

ive recently been asked to create a logo based on my raiders concept for an aussie gridiron team.

thought id show you guys what the new incarnation will hopefully look like for the west sydney pirates.

wsplogo.png

wspjersey.png

wsphelmet.png

I like it, and it would look nice whether it used the tricorn hat shown here, or the other hat-you know, the one where it is tallest in the front and slopes down on the side. I give you extra props on the wordmark, with the font choice and the customizations you made on it.

(OT-is it possible to get that spotty, weathered texture in Illustrator?)

I like it, and it would look nice whether it used the tricorn hat shown here, or the other hat-you know, the one where it is tallest in the front and slopes down on the side. I give you extra props on the wordmark, with the font choice and the customizations you made on it.

(OT-is it possible to get that spotty, weathered texture in Illustrator?)

i did the textures in photoshop, there are quiet few of them, its not just one bit.

looks great FD, i wish i would have thought of the feather in the hat. i still think the swords should point upwards though, to me it looks more aggresive. witht he swords going down, i think defense.

the monogram looks good too. that may be where the downward pointing swords works best

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Back to the cleat talk, I always wondered why the Raiders, of all teams, wore white cleats instead of black. Kind of a Hambone & Flippy case there.

Anyway the logo's okay but it's not better than the classic Raider shield.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived