Oakland Raiders Logo Concept

Davidson

yo,

so further to my comments on nutinis thread i was inspired to finish a concept i started a while back.

the guy on the raiders helmet has always looked entirely expressionless save the slightly misplaced

mona lisa smirk.

i wanted something that captured a bit more of the feeling of the mentalists behind the endzone

whilst retaining something of the original logo.

please let me know what you think.

ta fraser

raiders2.png

RAIDERSJERSEY.png

RAIDERShelmet.png

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa. That is fantastic Fraser. Excellent work capturing the Raider-- well, former Raider 'intimidation' factor. Make's their current logo look friendly and harmless by comparison.

I'd love to see your take on a full uniform and identity set.

whoa. that is fantastic fraser. Excellent work capturing the Raider-- well, former Raider 'intimidation' factor. Make's their current logo look friendly and harmless by comparison.

I'd love to see your take on a full uniform and identity set.

have to say its not something im really all that good at. if anyone fancies having ago, they are welcome.

Excellent work, as always. I would suggest a new font, as the current Raiders wordmark is very flat, especially when sitting beside your logo.

yeah i wondered about that. i tried a few other things and they all looked a bit strange and gothic looking.

i love futura and i think that perhaps in this case it helps it retain something of the old logo. perhaps i could

adjust it slightly to create something more in keeping?

Excellent work, as always. I would suggest a new font, as the current Raiders wordmark is very flat, especially when sitting beside your logo.

yeah i wondered about that. i tried a few other things and they all looked a bit strange and gothic looking.

i love futura and i think that perhaps in this case it helps it retain something of the old logo. perhaps i could

adjust it slightly to create something more in keeping?

Maybe simply adding some sharper angles and a bevel effect will bring it up to par with the logo?

TDZiMMB.png

Love the skull that's awesome but I have to echo eppers statement about the helmet, there's something about it that's just no working for me, at some glances it looks like a fireman's helmet at other glances the top part looks almost fedora like, If it's meant to be conquistador like (which I suspect it may be) then there's something off about it, and if you're going for the old WWII biker style helmet then the sides are to straight and it drops to far in the back. But I love this take on a classic idea, good effort and excellent render as always!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Please don't tell me this was just another quick one, like your panthers logo. ^_^ That definitely fits more than what they currently have. At first I thought maybe a new wordmark would fit better, but the old one is kind of refreshing, and doesn't take any attention away from the logo. (and when the logo looks like that, it deserves all the attention it can get!) It would almost be overkill to have a wordmark that matched the style of the logo too much, so I think keeping the more neutral one was a good decision.

MegatronSig2.jpg

very nice job on an excellent logo update.

I have one suggestion though, make it much more simplified, much more iconic, less illustrative. I think from a distance it needs to stand up and be easily recognizable. Less beveling / highlights, add an eye-patch and as others have said re-work the helmet.

Great work!

as a raider fan when i clicked on this topic i expected something i wouldnt like, because the current raider logo is iconic, but when I saw this it made me think since the raiders have been horrible beyond words the last few years it might be time to start a new identity and this logo would be excellent for this purpose

very nice job on an excellent logo update.

I have one suggestion though, make it much more simplified, much more iconic, less illustrative. I think from a distance it needs to stand up and be easily recognizable. Less beveling / highlights, add an eye-patch and as others have said re-work the helmet.

Great work!

I agree with this in full. It's a great illustration, and works great for a Raiders Crazy Fan section logo. I saw a badass tattoo upon first glance. I like it, but it didn't say NFL logo to me. With a few changes I think you could have that.

Good work as always Fraser.

Archived