Oakland Raiders Logo Concept

Davidson

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have made a few little amends to the logo and the monogram.

pirates_amends.png

Oh man that is SO sweet! I prefer that so much more than the Oakland version top notch! Only comment I'd make is that I think his hat could do with being just a touch wider but other than that I wouldn't change a thing, and the Monogram is just outstanding.

Love it, by far one of my favourites in your very impressive catalog of designs.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Sorry for coming late to the party, this is directed at the original post not the subsequent modifications by others. The rendering is by far one of the best ever. My only issues are with the helmet, my first look was that it was a construction hard hat. And the mouth, it almost looks ape like, and the outer fang teeth have a odd outward curve. I always assumed a Raider was a pirate, but I guess it could have a more liberal meaning as well. But over all the presentation is top notch.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

i love this, plain and simple. I know the current logo is iconic but it really is dated and this is a perfect update of the logo. i always thought they should go the skull head route. i'm generally iffy on most raider concepts but this is pure perfection.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

cheers guys, here is a final style sheet. thought id share.

West_Sydney_Pirates_Stylesheet.png

So, wait: Is this a 25th anniversary logo, or a new logo in honor of their 25th anniversary? It'd be a shame if this wasn't adopted as some team's full-time identity.

cheers guys, here is a final style sheet. thought id share.

West_Sydney_Pirates_Stylesheet.png

So, wait: Is this a 25th anniversary logo, or a new logo in honor of their 25th anniversary? It'd be a shame if this wasn't adopted as some team's full-time identity.

yeah hopefully it will be adopted as their new logo to mark their 25th anniversary.

here are the logos they have used in the past:

image465.png

These are all great, I would lose the letter from the hat as I think it looks like it was thrown on as an afterthought.

I suggest you change the shield shape to mimic the team's original shield logo and be less "Raiders".

yeah, i tried the old shield version. it didnt really work well as there is detail in the shape around the handles of the sword

and it looked a bit bulky and empty inside the bottom of the shield.

ta tho.

fd

I would leave the wordmark alone. There is so much going on (beveling included) in the logo that the wordmark succeeds much better like it is: sharp, proud and unadorned. The pirate character of the letterforms is more than enough. Beveling it would be overkill.

Have you tried using the straight swords from the monogram on the shield logo? If it looks just as good, might be worth it to keep them the same on both logos. This looks so much better with a pirate hat than the fireman helmet.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Davidson,

Really love your work! This is great. I am new member to this site but have followed your work for about a year on here. I wanted to thank you for the Photoshop template tutorials on here which really got me started in creating logos.

Archived