My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago came out really well in my opinion. I like the streak underneath the numbers in the back. My only problem is another black alternate, but (beside the fact that it came out splendidly) in my pesonal league, half the teams wear red. Miami next? Should be good.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

I guess I haven't commented at all in this thread yet, but all of these have just been fantastic. I've had imaginary leagues in the past like this, but I don't have too much skill to create logos for all the teams. What you've done here is fantastic though. You really have a great talent for creating logos and I'd really like to see what you could do for real teams!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

#19.5 Miami Pirates Update

Up Next: # 19.6 Dakota Rhinos Update

pirateREVO1-1.png

I've had this one on paper for awhile, had a busy weekend. Nonetheless, I wanted to go for more of a rugged look this time around; last time I felt like the execution just wasn't there. So, the new primary is an aged human skull with a teal bandana with a sword pierced through it. The secondary is two crossing pirate swords. I completely changed my direction with the script, I steered away from the 'Buccaneer' look. I went with something more aged, a 'Miami Pirates' script in beige with teal shadow. For the uniforms, I dropped the athletic gold altogether, and decided to replace it with beige.

Home

piratehome2.png

Away

pirateaway2.png

Alternate

piratealternate2.png

The 5 looks really awkward in the black jersey. The outline of the top and the loop are too close for my liking. Other than that, the updated logos are very nice.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Still looking for some comments (and still working on the Rhinos), but I thought I'd might as well create a league logo, not sure why I didn't think of that earlier during this thread's 6 month existance.

The league is called the Universal Football League, and I tried to come up with a simple and effective logo.

leaguelogo.png

Whatcha guys think?

All of these updates have been amazing. Like CAB said, I've had made up teams but this league is beyond anything I could ever do. Keep up the great work.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Pretty nice update on the Pirates, the logo especially is much better. The new colors are also nice... However, I do feel like you might have overdone it on the logos. On the primary, for instance, I count 7 colors. I like how the shadows on the skull and sword work, but you might be better off eliminating one or two of those colors. Of course, it's only on the logos--not on the uniforms--so it isn't that big of a deal.

The league logo is solid. Simple and clean, and I love that you didn't go with red, white, and blue. Good stuff.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks for all of the feedback.

Dgnmrwrw: I felt that the colors would be an issue, but I decided that in reality if I would use the two-tone colors on the skull, the sword should have that same effect as well (the metallic sword definately reflects more than the bone skull does, so I tried to be somewhat consistant).

Excellent work on the Universal Football League logo. Although I would have called this league the "Universal Football Association" (or UFA for short) to avoid confusion with the real-life United Football League and the CCSLC version of the United Football League (both of which use UFL for short), the name "Universal Football League" sounds good.

YOZXkBG.png?1

I've knocked out two teams the past two days, this one being the first.

#19.6 Dakota Rhinos Update

Up Next: #19.7 Florida Sharks Update

rhinoREVO1-1.png

This time around, my goal was to strengthen the logo package, but at the same time keep the same identity. However, the smiling rhino is no longer, it's replaced be the new primary: a charging two-tone rhino head in gray. The 'D' logo has remained, but I got rid of the red from this particular logo, to match the primary's outlining. The script is where I had my trouble, a two-toned 'Rhinos' in gray, which is not final. The entire logo set is still a little off to me with the absence or red, but I think the rhino head looks better on the helmet with a gray outline instead.

Home

rhinohome2-2.png

Away

rhinoaway2-1.png

Alternate

rhinoalternate2-1.png

**UPDATED 6-19-10**

Archived