My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the feedback.

As always in this series, I love it. I do however, have a few nitpicks. I love, love, love the full bodied panther logo, but I feel that the feet could use some more definition. Also on the Panther head, it looks like his cheek is full of food, maybe try and tone the cheek down a bit. For the script logo, I think you should move the claw marks on the 'S' down to the bottom. This way all three claw marks can be seen, and it makes it a bit more consistent. Lastly, I think you should make the claw marks on the alternate numbers black. Something about having cyan claw marks on a cyan jersey doesn't look right to me. With all of that said, this is one of my favorites so far. Keep it up, I'm loving this!

As you can see, I've had alot of trouble with the feet, and it's definately something that'd I'd need to work on. Making the claw marks on the alternate numbers black would be inconsistant, but I'll try it.

Just to echo the previous sentiments... the full body cat is very nice, but the whole logo set is mint. Obviously, significantly influenced by the Panthers.

The one thing I would be interested to see is, on the shoulder stripes... maybe sculpt the front of the stripes to mirror the line/seem of the jersey. I am not sure how it would look, but I think it would give more of a fitted looked as opposed to stripes stuck on the shoulders.

The last 2 concepts have been sick. Really looking good. Can't wait for more.

I knew I forgot something, thank you; I meant to fit in the seams there but was too fized on the placement of the stripes. I'll have to update that ina few minutes while I can.

EDIT: Updated

I'll say you should put the full-bodied panther on the sleeve a la the Jags used to with the full-bodied jaguar.

If I do this, I think it would crowd up the sleeves and lose the dynamic feel when placed next to something stationary, like the logo.

The Charlotte Prowlers concept is very reminiscent of the real life Carolina Panthers uniforms... only with a black helmet instead of the silver one.

Great work on the Charlotte team!

By the way, for the teams with an asterisk on it:

New Orleans:

• Gators (Alligators are commonly found in the swamps of Louisiana; also, the American Alligator is the state reptile of Louisiana)
  • Pelicans (the Brown Pelican is the state bird of Louisiana)
  • Roughnecks (reference to the city's strong ties to the oil production industry)

Detroit:

• Mastodons (named for the state fossil of Michigan)
  • Stags (named for the White-tailed deer, the state game animal of Michigan)
  • Mustangs (named after the Ford Mustang sports car; also a reference to the city's automobile industry)

Milwaukee:

• Wild Hogs (obvious reference to the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Company, whose headquarters is located in Milwaukee)
  • Cruisers (another reference to Harley-Davidson)
  • Explorers (city was founded in 1818 by three explorers -- Solomon Juneau, Byron Kilbourn, and George H. Walker)

New York #2:

• Americans (named after a former NHL team of the same name)
  • Empire/Emperors (the state of New York is often referred to as "The Emipre State")
  • Shamrocks/Irishmen (New York City has a large Irish American community)
  • Dutchmen (New York City was founded by the Dutch in 1624 as New Amsterdam)

Tennessee:

• Hornets (the Honeybee is one of the state insects of Tennessee)
  • Soldiers (named after the state's nickname "The Volunteer State"; also named for the state's volunteer soldiers who helped the Andrew Jackson-led American forces defeat the invading British Army in the Battle of New Orleans in 1812)

YOZXkBG.png?1

Pretty good stuff on the Prowlers concept, but as others have mentioned certain sections of the logos need some refinement.

Nitpicks:

-As someone else mentioned, the right (cat's left) cheek on the primary looks too large, as if his mouth is full of food. The straight line on the bottom of the cheek also seems out of place.

-The top of the head on the primary also seems very rounded, almost like a dome. Part of this is caused by the way the highlighting is done on both sides, but it also just seems too tall and rounded. I know some of it is from perspective, but I really think he should have a flatter noggin'.

-The last things on the primary that bother me are the "eyebrows," those two darker streaks over the eyes. I really don't think they help.

-All three of the above problems also appear in the full-bodied logo, so I'd address them there as well.

-Also, the full-bodied logo seems to have a bad hunch-back and he's a bit chunky overall. A quick google image search for "panther" revealed the picture you're using as reference, so I see what you were going for, but I think you should go back and tweak some details--the back, both of the front paw/leg interactions, the overall "fatness," etc--based on that original panther image.

-Finally, the typeface on the wordmark seems a bit generic. Not a big deal, but I've seen you use much better choices than that one.

Wow. That looks like a lot of criticism. But it's only so long because I needed to be so detailed to describe the few flaws I found with this package. I absolutely LOVE your color palette, and I think it would be great if the actual Panthers went in that direction. The uniforms are strong, clean, and unique. Love the adidas-esque triple striping. Great job there. And the logos, once tweaked, will be superb. Love that you went with a full bodied logo, but didn't feel the need to force it onto the unis.

Keep working at this one and it will be outstanding.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I've read through all 16 pages, and I must say I am in awe of your work. Color schemes for teams such as Miami, Portland, Los Angeles, Montana, and Chicago are amazing. Most of these logos are fantastic, created greatly. I cannot wait for more, as I cannot wait to see what you can do with Las Vegas.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

#17 Las Vegas Crows

Up Next: #18 Denver Avengers

crowREVO1.png

It's been awhile since I posted the last team, so I decided to go a little 'above-and-beyond' with the Crows. I loved the name; it always seemed stealthy and slick to me. The Las Vegas franchise had previosuly been named the 99er's (No, the number has no relation to anything in Las Vegas whatsoever) and had been renamed the Crows in late 2005 early 2006. Their colors have been dark red, black, and silver, but I've added a mustard gold color, as well. The primary is a black crow outlined in silver. I was a little stuck as to what the secondary should be, I wanted to try something Oregon Duck-like with the wing design, but that idea fell through. So, a full bodied crow is used as the secondary. The script is Las Vegas Crows in silver and red (Zephyrean BRK is the font). Now, I've decided to add a throwback to the logo set, and I've started off with an upgrade to the old 99er's logo, with the new font used with their current logo set. The new logo is more sleeker and modern. I've also added an anniversary logo used as a patch on the throwbacks. The uniforms are as follows (behold the monochrome B)! )

Home

crowhomepresentation-1.png

Away

crowawaypresentation-1.png

Alternate

crowalternatepresentation-1.png

Throwback

crowthrowbackpresentation-1.png

By the way, the Tennessee Stallions will now be named the Tennessee Hornets as JH42XCC had suggested. I've also decided to try out a new Revo helmet template presentation for each team, thanks to 9erssteve for the template.

Thoughts on the Crows?

Little to conservative for my taste, I like all the logos and the throwback is my favorite uniform. Maybe spice things up a little for the uniforms. Also not a big fan of the number font.

Little to conservative for my taste, I like all the logos and the throwback is my favorite uniform. Maybe spice things up a little for the uniforms. Also not a big fan of the number font.

I realize this, but I've tried to stay consistant rather than redesigning them completely. The crows have had relatively the same uniforms in '06, '07, and '08.

I like the idea of naming a team the crows. I can't think of any team named the crows. As for the comments that the uniforms I am wondering if something as simple as red lines down the pants or a red streak down the middle of helmet might be all that is need. I really like third jersey.

Limerick

I like the logos but I think the uniforms need some striping somewhere. I like the stripes in the 3rd so I think they would look good on the black pants as well.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I like the color scheme for the Crows. Personally, I have no major problem with any jersey. I think on the alternate, I wouldn't have a white outline outside of the black outline. Besides that, these concepts look great. Can't wait to see Denver's.

I like the color scheme for the Crows. Personally, I have no major problem with any jersey, but I think some sort of stripe on the side design would look better. I think on the alternate, I wouldn't have a white outline outside of the black outline. Besides that, these concepts look great. Can't wait to see Denver's.

About the Las Vegas Crows concept:

I say that the primary home and away uniforms could use some striping, but still they both look pretty good. And I really liked the Las Vegas 99ers throwbacks.

Overall, this is an excellent concept.

YOZXkBG.png?1

INTERESTING FACT: The primary home uniforms of the Las Vegas Crows remind me of those worn by the Oklahoma Outlaws of the old USFL, the Orlando Predators of the Arena Football League, even the old Ottawa Rough Riders & Ottawa Renegades (circa 2002-2004) of the CFL, and, to a lesser extent, the "Mean Machine" in the 2005 remake of The Longest Yard. Not only in the monochromatic all-black style, but also in the similar red & black color scheme.

YOZXkBG.png?1

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize for the long wait guys, my wireless internet went down so we had to go buy a new modem. Here's the next team nonetheless:

#18 Denver Avengers

Up Next: #19 Asheville Mountaineers

avengerREVO1.png

So for this next team, I stuck with their current color scheme, green-black-silver, and stuck with their current uniforms, which is similar to the Atlanta Falcons' template. Not much to say here, although the nickname seems to have no relation to the city, I the name stays because of the ring it has to it. The primary is a streaking knight head in silver, and the secondary is a shield with an outdoors-y feel to it, with mountains and a moon in the background as well as a horseman. The tertiary is an interlocking sword and D logo, which is used on the pants. I tried to make the script give off an aggressive vibe, so I chose one with rough edges here. Uniforms are as follows:

Home

avengerhomepresentation.png

Away

avengerawaypresentation.png

Alternate

avengeralternatepresentation.png

Thoughts?

**UPDATED 5/31/10**

Archived