My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the biggest reason why the full body logo looks awkward is that the hind feet and legs are very big...and then when they're paired together with the pose you have, it ends up looking like a kangaroo/cat hybrid.

phitinsig.png

Wow. This is shaping up really nicely. A few of the teams I really like are the Aztecs, Talons, Lightning (especially the uni's), Bandits, among others. For the Dragons, I think the helmet logo looks a little weird at the bottom, and I would love to see the idea of a dragon-winged helmet. Also, the Rhinos primary logo has an overlap between the wordmark and rhino neck that looks a little off. This is a great series though, keep it up!

• 3 weeks later...

#19.13 Charlotte Prowlers Update

Up Next: #19.14 Portland Huskies Update

prowlerREVO1-2.png

It's been awhile, with school starting and work beginning to pile up, the thread has been put on the backburner for awhile. However, I've got a couple page-full of sketches, and decided to bring this one to the boards. It's went through 3-4 transformations, and hopefully this one should be the last. So, with this concept, I tried to put the 'prowler' theme into full throttle. I went back and brainstormed for a bit: What does a panther do when it prowls? I tried to convey the intimidating idea here. The primary is a panther head stylized inside of a shield. I originally went with real dark colors here, to provide the idea that the panthers' crawling at night. However, there was little to no contrast going on, so I dumped it. The seondary is a customized C with claw slashes. The script is custom as well, in particularly the same style as the secondary. The tertiary here was a bit of a stretch: I wanted to go with something to 'close up the set'. The midfield eye used on LSU's football field was inspiring, which brought me this: A panther eye encircled in a tail, forming a 'C'. These don't appear in the uniform set, but they will appear on the field.

Home

prowlerhome-4.png

Away

prowleraway-4.png

Alternate

prowleralternate-4.png

I'm not a real fan of the font on the Charlotte Prowlers update. Might be the angle or thickness or something.... Claw marks on the Jersey are fine. Colors are OK, if not distinct, but then who cares about that? This is your exercise in creativity, not mine. :) Otherwise, I think it looks ok.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I really like just about everything in this update. Great colors, great uniforms, really great job creating the logos and bringing the entire package together as one cohesive unit.

I do think the primary could be improved with a few minor tweaks. 1) I still think the dark line connecting the edge of the ear to the brow area looks a bit odd. I really think those two areas should be disconnected. 2) I don't think we really need both dark curves under the eye--it makes them look baggy. I'd say drop the bottom dark curve, the one that touches the white on the cheek. 3) The curvy dark points that come into the snout area from the sides are making that area strange and a bit busy. I don't think you need them at all. 4) I feel like we should see a small white shape on the underside of the nose to the left, like what we see on the right. Just a very small form to fill in that dark area.

All of those are minor nitpicks. Also, I do still kinda feel like the ears should be more rounded (for accuracy's sake), but it does look good as it is, so that's not a problem. All in all, this is a great set. Kudos.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Alright, so I went ahead and updated Charlotte:

- Fixed the swoosh connecting the eye and ear in the primary, separated them into two seperate strokes

- Dropped the navy. Because of the abundance of blue, I change the scheme to Black, Carolina Blue, Slate blue/Gray, and light silver

- Edited the number font for the 3, 5, and 6

- Went with a new collar, along with a new NOB font.

So that's it, would love to hear some comments.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have much time right now, so I'll try and make this one brief:

#19.14 Portland Huskies Update

Up Next: #19.15 Cincinnati Vultures Update

huskyREVO1-2.png

I worked on this one for a good two weeks now, and this is the only draft I felt was worth presenting. So I wanted to keep the color scheme for sure, as it was unnique, and the uniforms were a bit open to suggestions, but I was a bit stuck on the vertical striping on the shoulders. They were based loosely on Auburn's football unis, I really dig their look. The logos, however, were aimed to be capturing the look of Portland and the husky wolf. The primary features a howling wolf with Mt. Hood in the background, a recreation of the secondary logo last time around. The secondary is a husky howling in a dramatic scene with the moon as a backdrop, I used these on the pants as well. The script, which is custom, is Huskies in white with a stylized tail on the 'S'.

For the uniforms, I didn't use an alternate just yet; I wanted to go back and introduce a throwback later on.

Home

huskyhome-1.png

Away

huskyaway-1.png

Away Alternate

huskyawayalternate.png

Some excellent looking logos there...a definite improvement over what you had the first time. As far as the jerseys go, they definitely look better than the first iteration (which look a little too much like college jerseys IMO), but they also look a little disconnected from the modern-ish logo and script (which also looks great by the way). The monochrome white jersey is especially looking a little lackluster.

phitinsig.png

Another solid set of updated logos. The primary is very nice, and my only minor complaint would be that the nose is a bit pointy, but not by much. Good job there. The wordmark is great. Love the tail. I think the concept behind the secondary logo is solid, but it seems too similar to the primary. If you want to do the silhouette with the moon, I'd rather see a more differentiated view of the wolf. Maybe full-bodied or sitting on a ledge/cliff.

But all in all, it's a very good update.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived