My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

#3 Cleveland Bandits

Up Next: #4 San Diego Wildcats

banditREVO1.png

Cleveland Bandits, being the the 3rd oldest team, had always been simple. First off, no more solid black; it's replaced by a darker charcoal color with hints of blue (which I felt contrasted well against the athletic gold). The gold is now more of a mustard color, and I've also added cardinal red for some accenting. The primary is much more detailed than before, and is now a

streaking bandit with an athletic gold stetson cowboy hat and bandana. I wanted to try and incorperate the hat again somewhere, so the secondary is a two toned 'CB' monogram with an athletic gold stetson hat ontop of it. While I'm adding this cowboy feel to the package, I feel that I still need to consider where this team is located, Ohio, which isn't famously known for cowboys, so I took the state flag and gave it the team colors, with a red C for Cleveland in place of the red circle. This is used as the tertiary, which is not very prominant in the uniforms. I also steered away from the curly Bandits font I used before, and I replaced it with a western font; 'Bandits' in gold.

Now, I still have two other teams that are synonyms of a bandit (the San Jose Outlaws and San Antonio Desperados), so I'm also saving some other ideas for those two teams.

Home

bandithome2-1.png

Away

banditaway2-1.png

Alternate

banditalternate2-1.png

**UPDATED 7/13/10**

This is my very favorite. Good use of colors. I like the Charcoal Blak!

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies and gentlemen...

#19.15 Cincinnati Vultures Update

Up Next: #19.16 Asheville Mountaineers Update

vultureREVOoption2-1.png

So, as you guys can tell, I've been at this one for awhile, and I'm fully prepared to get this thing up and running again after getting this one out of the way. I've changed directions a few times, deciding on what path I would really like to take for this team. The first thing I want to point out is the color scheme: The past few years, the colors of the Vultures were continually getting darker and darker (as I've shown here in the description), So with all of the use of dark color in the league already, I decided I'd take a U-turn into the past. I made a color change and brightened up the wine-color (as that's what it's liked to be called these days)to match the 2006 look and matched it with athletic gold, similar to USC or Iowa State. Yes, I was encouraged by those two schools to bring back this look for the Vultures. On top of that, I added a rich cream color to accent each color.

The primary was a struggle for me, I was aiming for something simple yet strong, sort of the like the Seahawks logo. I decided on the head of a vulture in white and wine. I also tried to add a 'wing' aspect to the design, using rounded off striping on the pants and scripts. I used this on the simple secondary as well, a stylized C for Cincinnati with wing-serifs. The script is also custom, which was what made it difficult (especially becuase Inkscape doesn't really skew text that well), which is an angled Vultures script with wing-serifs on the V and S.

However, with the blast from the past color scheme, I tried to keep the uniforms basic, but I also used wing-striping on the pants, as stated before.

Home

vulturehome2-1.png

Away

vultureaway2-1.png

Alternate

vulturealternate2-1.png

Would really love some feedback.

where can i find the revo speed template ur using?

jahvidbest.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Cincinnati Vultures logos look better with the gold outlines than it does with the cream-ish peach outlines.

Can't wait to see what the updated Asheville Mountaineers look like.

YOZXkBG.png?1

• 3 weeks later...

So I?ve been busy with a lot of other projects lately, but I?ve constantly been doing sketches for many of my teams. I feel that design-wise, I?ve been learning a lot about the different styles and techniques to render a logo. When I had the time, I went back and took another look at the older updates I?ve made, and I felt that some could use some refreshing. I?m not going to make a huge deal about going back and updating the teams again, but instead I?ll make a ?bulk? update.

#19.16 Asheville Mountaineers Update

Up Next: #19.17 Denver Avengers Update

mountaineerREVO1-1.png

Nothing too drastic here. I kept the same general idea the same, but I went ahead and went with a custom font for the primary and script, and I emphasized the silver a tad bit more. The primary is still an A with a pickaxe behind it. This is still used on the helmets, just as the updated secondary, the Appalachian Mountains with two crossed pickaxes behind it, is still used on the shoulders. The script, like I said, is custom.

Home

mountaineerhome2.png

Away

mountaineeraway2.png

Alternate

mountaineeralternate2.png

Dakota Rhinos Quick Update

rhinoREVO1-2.png

I really dealt away with the previous updated logo pretty quickly. I wanted to create some movement and 'rage' in the new logo as a whole, and I really liked what Iowa State decided to do with their new logo. The new primary is an angry charging rhino in a stylized circle. i also went with a custom font here, because nothing in a basic font can really fit with what I was going for. I kinda went with a 'King Kong' vibe, something intimadating, something above the opponent. The new script is Rhinos with a red shadow in perspective. I wanted to recreate the 'D' logo as well, so I made it in the new style and font.

The uniforms were completely re-though-out here, no more 'Vikings side paneling', I went with a complete shoulder stripe. I emphasized silver and white here alot more as well, there is also a new custom number font.

Home

rhinohome2-4.png

Away

rhinoaway2-3.png

Montana Grizzlies Quick Update

grizzlyREVO1-2.png

Not much to say here, I really wanted to 'perfect' (knowing that's impossible) the newer bear logo, so I dropped silver and the darker shade of gold completely from the primary logo. Instead, I emphasized some white (go figure) to try and bring some much needed contrast into the piece. The primary is still a roaring grizzly head, this time with highlights and minor tweaks. the wordmark here is what I really tried to improve on, rather than using a basic dafont.com download. So again, I went completely custom. The secondary is an update of the M logo, this time with the new font.

The uniforms didn't change too much, the only changes were that I dropped the gold alternate, dropped the gray, made a custom number font, and emphasized navy more in the away uniform.

Home

grizzlyhome.png

Away

grizzlyaway.png

Alternate

grizzlyalternate.png

So that's what I've got, the Avengers should be up soon, all I have to do is vector them. What do you guys think?

I think I actually liked the previous Rhinos logo better, but I like that you've introduced a little variety to them. The uniforms, however, I really like. Great job on those and on the entire Grizzlies concept as well. The Grizzlies is really cohesive and the colors are perfect IMO.

phitinsig.png

Great updates CJ! The new logos and wordmarks are really solid and very well done. I especially like the wordmarks...there's a little substance to them, unlike most NFL wordmarks, but they're not overwhelmingly complicated. The uniforms are both solid too...I especially like the Rhinos.

The only change I would make would be to match the collar and cuffs on the Asheville road uniform.

Glad to see this thread back up and running!

The only feedback I have is regarding the Grizzlies primary. I love all the internal work, lots of good aggressive shapes going on in there and it's well rendered but that's all kinda undone by the rounded "teddy bear" outer shape. I think if the navy silhouette matched the shapes the highlights created, ie rough fur, you'd have a far superior mark. Other than that it's really strong.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Just ran into this and I like the creativity you're demonstrating. Thanks for sharing it with us.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

#19.17 Denver Avengers Update

Up Next: #19.18 Las Vegas Crows Update

avengerREVO1-1.png

Nothing much to this update here, just worked on cleaning up the look a bit so that I can go ahead and finish off the updates. I pretty much started fresh with the exception of keeping some of the same elements, those being the centurion, the sword, and the colors, aside form the fact that the green is now more teal. In the primary, I kept the same dashing motion element as well; I thought it looked nice on the helmet. So, the update primary is... well, an updated version of the old primary. Lately, I've been on some sort of 'custom font' spree, and I feel like my creativity has benefitted from it, that's why I went custom with the Avengers as well. Taking a look at the old wordmark, stlyistically speaking, it was a mess. The outlines were crazy lookin', so I went with a more consistant and smooth look for the update. The new wordmark is Avengers in white, with a sword underlining the text. I went safe with the alternate logo this time (the last one was a bit of a stretch), which is a D for Denver with a sword through it; and before anyone says anything, as I look at it, it does remind me of the Knights' secondary, so I may go back.

The uniforms went through a big overhaul as well, presenting a new jersey cut with sharp side panels imitating the sharpness and cutting edge of a sword. I cleaned up the number font also, this time using a more standard look.

Home

avengerhome.png

Away

avengeraway.png

Alternate

avengeralternate.png

Would love some comments!

These are great,but one thing.Can you please make alternate helmets? Every time I look at a football league concept,a guy makes team uniforms normally with an alternate jersey or pants or both, but never makes an alternate helmet.I'm not saying you have to,but can someone do that, I can't make uniforms, I suck at it.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived