My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

So if the Washington Knights DO end up in the Western Conference, they'll most likely move to Seattle, Washington and be renamed the Seattle Knights. Just a thought, but anyway, hope to see some more updates in the foreseeable future.

YOZXkBG.png?1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys,

It's been awhile since I've posted in this thread, mainly because of the recent diminshing of the Concepts forum. But as of late, it looks to be getting back up on its feet, and I just thought I'd go ahead and help the cause.

I may not have posted a concept in awhile, but that doesn't go to say that I haven't been working on the project. I've got all but 4 teams done, so I'll start releasing them every now and then. Lately now, I've come out with a new re-design of my personal brand and went with some newer, updated templates for the 'rebirth' of this project (the new template is going to be a pain in the a$$ to convert the other 18 teams onto :wacko:).

So, here's the long-awaited updated Indians set.

Topeka Indians Update

Up Next: #20 Minnesota Bruins

topeka_indians-1.png

Couple notes:

- I wanted to simplify the logo drastically. It seemed way over-detailed to come off as a professional looking logo, so I just went with a simpler "abstract-inspired" look.

- New updated secondary logo, same old dreamcatcher theme as before. I just wanted to clean it up so that it better fits the rest of the set.

- I went with a custom font once again for the wordmark, this time simpler yet unique. I have a uniform alphabet with similar serifs as in the "S". Same serifs appear in the new number font as well.

Here are the new uniforms on the new template (courtousy to andrewharrington of course).

Home

indians_home-1.png

Away

indians_away-1.png

Alternate

indians_alternate-1.png

What do you guys think? All comments are appreciated, thanks!

*UPDATED 7/1/11*

I'm currently heading to the hospital...because my jaw dropped...and it won't go back in place.

holy crap you are good. best one yet. your design skills are great, and this series has been a guilty pleasure of mine since the start.

That is really all I can say.

Wow. Glad to see this series back, I didn't realize how much I missed it. In general this is quite nice. I love the colors, and the overall style/motif that you've successfully implemented across the identity.

The primary logo has a nice composition, and the swirling headdress creates some really nice movement. My main concern with the primary is that you seem to have gone a little lax with the forms and highlights. Two quick examples: The shapes comprising the neck seem a tad odd and arbitrary, and I'm not sure why the sunken area under the eye is highlighted with the bridge of the nose (seems like it should be in shadow, though I may be wrong).

The secondary is very well done and pairs well with the primary. The tertiary, however, doesn't seem to be bringing too much to the party. It's sort of an unnecessary rehash of the concept from the secondary. I'd drop it or redo it, cause right now it isn't contributing anything to the package.

Uniforms are clean and fit well within the overall identity, as always. The custom type you did is very nice, and it works well on the uniforms, which I find is harder to pull off than a wordmark (where you can get away with more stylistic quirks).

So other than a few minor details, this is another great update. Nice. (I like the new presentation style as well!)

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Really great stuff, glad you're back CJ. My favorite part of the logo is the swirling, abstract headdress, really creates some great movement and a sort of "psychedelic" effect. Would love to see those uniforms on the field, that little gold design is so cool, reminds me of an old Super Mario Bros game. Also like the new template. Want more!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Wow. Your work looks so much better on that template. (No offense mbannon)

I don't know why I would take offense...I didn't make the template he was using before.

But to the concept, very well done CJ. The logos look great, and I love the custom wordmark and numbers. I really like that shade of green as well. The uniforms are REALLY sweet. I love that pattern you used, although I noticed the sleeve pattern is a little different than the helmet/pants pattern. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I would make them all consistent.

Glad to see you back man...we need guys like you to stick around and put out quality concepts.

The Indians set is MUCH improved. The only thing I'd change is probably cut off the part of the 'shield' in the upper right, as the empty black space there to reinforce the shield shape just seems kinda forced and tacked on.

8VvwoNps.png

Wow, I appreciate all the comments, guys. Thanks!

@Brave-Bird: Haha, thanks man. I've been following College Football series, and somemof those uniform designs are truly inspiring, some awesome work there, keep it up.

@GeauxColonels: If I add the light green border around the pattern, would it loom any better and less like soccer ball?

@dgnmrwrw: I see what you're saying about the highlights, I've been away from the actual logo for a good 2 weeks before I went ahead and put it on a template and posted it. I'll go back and rework those highlights for sure.

@oaklandhustler: I'll definitely go back to the Baseball League one as well as my NHL Redesign when I finish this one. At least that's the plan...

@mbannon: I must've missed it; no the inconsistant paftern wasn't intentional. I'll have to go back to it.

@DeFrank: I thought about that, but the goldish color is so close to the white of the socks that it really wouldn't make a difference. Green wasn't used that much in the set so that wouldn't work either, so I stuck with black.

@Kryptic: I could cut it off, but I think it would make the whole shape look unbalanced and awkward. Maybe it's just me.

I appreciate all the comments, guys. I'll post an update soon, and I'll try and space out the elements of the uniform on the template. Looking at it now on my iPod, it looks really awkward.

Archived