My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off love the colours for the Bruins, and the uni's are sweet, but there are some issues with the logos.

First off I wasn't quite sure what the animal was at first glance, the pointed ears and length of the head siad wolf, but the nose was to thick. While on the subject of the nose, the perspective on the snout is well off compared to the rest of the head. It's like the logo should be a side profile but then snout is in 3/4 perspective.

I dont think you need the trees in the primary, it feels like it's trying to hard to be the Wild's logo. I'm also not sure what the "hovering acron" is for on the sheild but you might wanna watch on the teriary logo, cos when the top part is covered by the logotype you're left with a rather phalic looking negative shape hanging down there. And I hate to say once I'd spotted that that was all I could see!

The logotype doesn't exactly scream Bear/Bruin at me when seen in isolation but it's well rendered and doesn't jar with the rest of the graphics. I'm just not a fan of the trend towards web 2.0 style logotypes I prefer the font to refelct the nature of the name a little more but that's just a personal thing.

Quality work as always and with a little tweaking I think this could be amoung the strongest you've done. Like I said the uni's are top notch!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

For the Bruins I would enlarge the bear head for the primary logo because it looks funny to me for some reason. I would also make an orange alternate jersey instead of having another jersey in a different shade of green. Other than that the concept is great.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

I also have to admit that I didn't at first see a bear here. There are certainly parts of the nose/muzzle area--as well as the elongated, sleek look of the neck/body--that look especially canine, among other problems. I also get the 'Minnesota Wild' vibe which, though while not a huge problem, should probably be addressed while making the entire concept stronger. In short, I'm not sure what the pine trees do other than set up the secondary logo, which doesn't seem necessary.

Speaking of the secondary, it's a nice image, but I'm not sure how well it functions for a team nicknamed the 'Bruins.' I see the subliminal M, and the scene is a nice reference for the Minnesota wilderness, but I think it needs another reference in there to connect to the 'Minnesota Bruins' name. Something either bear or football related would be a great help, cause right now it's more of an abstract visual instead of a solid logo within the package.

Finally, the outlines again seem to be suffering from major problems. I'm not sure why they seem to change width/thickness in the logos. To me, that's almost always more distracting than it is evocative, especially if the logo itself isn't subjected to the same change in perspective. (The problem is especially bad when the logos are paired with the wordmark, which uses a normal, consistent outline.) Also, the huge, sharp, angular point in the yellow outline of the mouth on the primary logo has to be addressed. It almost looks like you're resorting to using an offset path/automatic outline function. But whatever is the cause, that notch is very distracting and should be eliminated.

The uniforms are, as always, pretty dang good. The overall color scheme is very well thought-out and implemented. The striping, logos, and type placement all look solid. (The uniform numeral type looks a bit like someone else's recent Atlanta Thrashers work, though I can't put my finger on it, so it's probably ok.)

All in all, this is another pretty good entry. But I think the logos need an extra examination.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks for all the comments guys. I went ahead and updated the Bruins (check the original post):

-Omitted the trees from the primary

-Tweaked the primary to look more like a bear

-Touched up on the outlines; @dgnmrwrw: I originally created depth in the outlines for a more dynamic affect, but I have a version on the primary with the flat outline

-I Tried to get rid of the "phallic-looking" shape at the top of the secondary, and I also added some more bruin-like elements. I also tried to create a football in the space at the top, but it just looked like an afterthought in the end.

-I didn't want to go with a yellow alternate because this would be the 4th team to do so, but I did do a mock-up just for you guys.

The Lonestars should be up shortly.

Great work updating the logos for the Minnesota Bruins. The bear head logo looks a whole lot better the second time around. Also, I like how you added the bear silhouette in the shield-like secondary logo.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Still looking for some comments on the updated Bruins package, but I thought I'd go ahead and post another team.

#21 Austin Lonestars

Up next: #22 New York Emperors

austin_lonestars-1.png

The Lonestars have always been a simple red and black team, so I wasn't planning on changing that. They've always had a simple "A-star" logo, so I also followed the trend. All in all, the Lonestars were just a refresh, not a complete redesign. I did update the primary and added a secondary "mascot" logo, but nothing more, really. I contemplated going all out with red and dropping black completely, but decided against it because black worked perfectly in the primary logo. Also, I've got two script logos (mostly because I couldn't choose between the non-beveled or the beveled ones).

Not much to say here. The unifroms are simple and classic, sort of like the NFL's 49ers. The throwback is based off the original uniform, since the Lonestars were one of the original 8 teams that never changed their name.

Home

lonestars_home3.png

Away

lonestars_away3.png

Throwback

lonestars_throwback.png

I'd love to hear some comments, thanks!

*UPDATED 7/18*

The logos look great. I love the A-Star logo, and I like that you went with a simplistic wordmark. I like the simplicity of the jerseys, but I really think they need more black. The logo has more black than red, yet there's no black in the unis. I'm not sure where black could go though...maybe you could make all the stripes black.

Long time follower, first time poster. Absolutely love the logos. The wildcats and the lightning are by far my 2 favorites though all are good. I have no idea how some of you guys make logos like this, and how you do it so quickly. Wish I could do it for my fantasy league to get it to that next level. You guys are truly talented individuals.

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

I like the primary. I like both wordmarks too so I dont think there's anything wrong with having two workdmarks. The secondary logo is fine artistically but I dont think it matches the rest of this teams look just because their identity is kind of a classic basic one and then they have this cartoony head. Maybe it'd work as their mascot logo. Having only red in the jerseys is ok IMO. I mean, the NY Giants have blue helmets yet their away jerseys have no blue in them and they look great that way. normally I'd say throw black in the jerseys, but this team could pull it off having no black. It's your call of course.

The Lonestars primary home and away uniforms could use some black trim on 'em. They should have a black alternate jersey, too. On the other hand, the throwback uniforms and the logos look impressive.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Nebraska much?

The logo is a piece of beauty, but the uniforms just scream boring. With a logo like that, I'd expect to see modern style uniforms with a black alternate (and at least some, if not majority) black striping/piping in the home/away kits. I'm also not huge on the secondary, seems kind of minor league cartoony. Maybe a silhouette of a "lonestar"?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I LOVE the Primary logo and font used for the wordmark. But there's something about the shape of the face in the secondary that looks off.

Back to Topeka for a second...I think the green outline on the secondary logo does help some but I'm still seeing a soccer ball. But that could just be me.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived