Chris Johnson in older Titans uniform?

Brave-Bird 08

During the Pro Bowl the broadcast had a snapshot of Chris Johnson they were using along with is stat sheet.

It had Chris Johnson, however he was wearing a navy jersey and white pants.

Where in the world did that snapshot come from? And if it was photoshopped, why in the world would they have motivation to do that?

If I am correct the Titans were throwbacks and light blue strictly, all year. Plus, they have not worn the navy on white look in at least two seasons.

Well I googled "Chris Johnson Titans" and this pic showed up on the second page of results. He's certainly not known for wearing that combo, but apparently he has. Probably just some stock footage they had laying around.

ChrisJohnson-Titans.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really miss that look. It seems unlikely the Titans will ever wear it again. The navy jerseys are the alternates now, as well all know, and the only time they have ever been worn as alternates, they were matched up with navy pants.

I'd love to see the Titans go navy on white at home and white on light blue on the road. Those are the team's two best looks, IMO, and everything else is far inferior.

I really miss that look. It seems unlikely the Titans will ever wear it again. The navy jerseys are the alternates now, as well all know, and the only time they have ever been worn as alternates, they were matched up with navy pants.

I'd love to see the Titans go navy on white at home and white on light blue on the road. Those are the team's two best looks, IMO, and everything else is far inferior.

It doesn't make much sense to have a major light blue element on the road, but no light blue on the home (and vice versa with the navy.) I'm not going to dispute that those are their two best looks, but I will argue that they can't be used as primaries in the same set. I'd do light blue over white, and the reverse on the road. Maybe light blue over navy periodically at home (this would make it acceptable to wear navy pants on the road some times too.) Navy should stay alternate, with any of the three pants (though IMO the mono navy/navy is the best, though the navy/white is really nice too.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And it's got the Rams in gold pants! Double bonus!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It doesn't make much sense to have a major light blue element on the road, but no light blue on the home (and vice versa with the navy.) I'm not going to dispute that those are their two best looks, but I will argue that they can't be used as primaries in the same set.

Normally I would agree with you, but for some reason I don't really have a problem with the idea of the Titans doing this. Not sure why, as it seems to violate a "rule" that your home and road uniforms need to somewhat mirror each other. In rare cases (e.g. Montreal Canadiens), I think it's better to go with your two best looks as your home and road, even if they are both unique (within reason, of course).

After seeing the past 2 years in the light blue, it is weird to look back and see Chris Johnson in the navy unis that game.

82301625.jpg

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Not sure why, as it seems to violate a "rule" that your home and road uniforms need to somewhat mirror each other. In rare cases (e.g. Montreal Canadiens), I think it's better to go with your two best looks as your home and road, even if they are both unique (within reason, of course).

Home and road don't need to mirror one another stitch for stitch, but it's awfully nice when they appear to be designed to go to together. The Habs' whites are still close enough that they belong (though I'll disagree with your "two best looks" line because the white alternates with the blue stripes not only match the roads but look so much cooler), and the two main Blackhawks sweaters still have some underlying concept of black and white stripes. I don't care how nice the Minnesota Wild's home and third sweaters might be, that all three sweaters are so blatantly mismatched is kind of ridiculous and bush-league. To steer things back to football, the best example would be the Giants' road uniforms, which may look good to some people, but I can't stand that the jerseys have none of the one color heavily associated with the team. The road-only sleeve stripes and redundant "road pants" are stupid too, but it's the red I can't get past.

I might even say that the harmony between counterparts reinforces how good something looks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I might even say that the harmony between counterparts reinforces how good something looks.

Couldn't agree more - it's far more important to me that the home and road sets look good, while obviously being part of a complete set, than having everything match exactly.

I vastly prefer the Packers' 1960s road uniforms to the current ones, even though the current ones are a "flipped" version of the homes:

bart_starr.jpgphoto17.jpg

Sometimes, what looks best against a white jersey doesn't on a dark jersey, and vice versa.

After seeing the past 2 years in the light blue, it is weird to look back and see Chris Johnson in the navy unis that game.

82301625.jpg

That looks great. They really should make this their primary look. See? It is possible for a "modern" uniform to look good. It just takes a little work. :D

BB52Big.jpg

ahhh. preseason.

I actually think the light blue on white would look great. if baffles me that that would be the last combo Tennessee would think of, after all of the mess they have worn instead

IIRC, they've worn it a few times.... just a few. My guess for why they don't do it more often (other than simply having bad taste) is that Bud Adams associates that combo with the Oilers.

Couldn't agree more - it's far more important to me that the home and road sets look good, while obviously being part of a complete set, than having everything match exactly.

I vastly prefer the Packers' 1960s road uniforms to the current ones, even though the current ones are a "flipped" version of the homes:

bart_starr.jpgphoto17.jpg

Sometimes, what looks best against a white jersey doesn't on a dark jersey, and vice versa.

The current design is by no means terrible, but it's a no-brainer that forest green contrasts with yellow a whole lot better than white does.

On the other hand, I've heard people complain that the Packers roads are too yellow-heavy which I can't exactly disagree with, so maybe it's better to de-emphasize it on the jersey.

I get what everyone is saying about harmonious home and road uniforms, and I feel weird disagreeing because I usually think the exact same thing, but there's something about these two sets that seems to work together to me. I think it's because there is ample navy and light blue on both uniforms. IMO, there's much more harmony here than the Giants have (different striping on home and road) or the Ravens have (almost no purple on the road and plenty on the home, plus different pants striping).

Archived