XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

Epic curling match between Canada and Great Britain currently in progress. Kevin Martin and David Murdoch are granite slinging beasts!

They had a great match at the World Championship final last year. You just knew this match was much anticipated when Wayne Gretzky shows up (albeit he didn't stay for the entire match)

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the majority of some of these Olympic Curling matches are a joke. The draw weight on some of these shots are terrible and they are the so called best in the world.

The Brier and Scotties are still the best Curling tournaments in the World.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Epic curling match between Canada and Great Britain currently in progress. Kevin Martin and David Murdoch are granite slinging beasts!

They had a great match at the World Championship final last year. You just knew this match was much anticipated when Wayne Gretzky shows up (albeit he didn't stay for the entire match)

It might as well have been the Gold Medal Match. Back-and-forth throughout... Tremendous shots by both sides... Hell, even the 'Oh Canada' was sang by the hometown faithful late in the match. Real good stuff!

6uXNWAo.png

Debbie McCormick sucks....

McCormick and Shuster have GOT to be the same person.

Shuster looks a lot like Mike O'Malley. The way this tournament's been going, Shuster's been playing as well as O'Malley's been acting.

US concedes to Canada. At least the Canadian skip is hot and a redhead.....coule possibly be my third-favorite Canadian redhead.

Shuster looks a lot like Mike O'Malley. The way this tournament's been going, Shuster's been playing as well as O'Malley's been acting.

US concedes to Canada. At least the Canadian skip is hot and a redhead.....coule possibly be my third-favorite Canadian redhead.

Lets go to Mo for the rules. MO!

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

USA/Canada...oh man if USA pulls it out...

Miracle Part 2?

Czechs vs Russia, Ovechkin absolutely levels Jagr with his head down through center creating the turnover and Malkin scores, with that hit Ovie just grows his legend even more with Caps fans. I wasnt sure that was possible.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

USA/Canada...oh man if USA pulls it out...

Miracle Part 2?

Czechs vs Russia, Ovechkin absolutely levels Jagr with his head down through center creating the turnover and Malkin scores, with that hit Ovie just grows his legend even more with Caps fans. I wasnt sure that was possible.

That was one heck of a play. Best game of the tournament so far.

Bode wins Gold! in the Super Combined :flagusa:

About damn time Bode brings home gold. I was beginning to think the guy was wayyyy overhyped.

He was way overhyped in the last olympics.. and crashed completely. I'm glad he got his act together this time around.

I am surprised with all the curing talk... what the hack is going on?

I saw, I came, I left.

I feel the same way about the US skip (more cute than hot, but whatever). She is Canadian by birth, but grew up in Wisconsin.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

In Britain Curling gets any attention at all only once every four years. I have to say its thoroughly absorbing stuff! Such fine margins between doing really well and really badly! There aren't that many sports that you can see the difficulties of it when you watch on telly, but curling seems to be one of those! How to judge the weight to put on a stone and how much to brush it certainly is some skill!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived