From far and wide, Oh Canada

We're scoring on you still.

God keep your nets

Wide open and emp-ty

O Canada

We scored five goals on thee

O Canada

U.S. with gold you'll see!

My friend you still have a long way to go.

hilariously funny ^_^

But your absolutely right, there is lots and lots of hockey left in the Olympics.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming Sweden doesn't blowout Finland and pass the US, the US likely has #1.

Sweden is currently up 2-0... How big does this blowout need to be?

Make it 3-0

...With 20 minutes to play.

If you're the USA, you're still feelin pretty good about that #1 seed.

6uXNWAo.png

Assuming Sweden doesn't blowout Finland and pass the US, the US likely has #1.

Sweden is currently up 2-0... How big does this blowout need to be?

Make it 3-0

...With 20 minutes to play.

If you're the USA, you're still feelin pretty good about that #1 seed.

And now a major powerplay

If Sweden wins a close game in regulation, they'll be #2, the US will be #1, and Finland will be #4.

So by losing in regulation, Finland avoids Canada and Russia in the knock-out round. Instead, the Fins have the Americans and Jagr (who's still scraping himself off the ice) in their bracket, and Sweden gets to run the gauntlet. Seems fair. :P

6uXNWAo.png

Sweden knows they're now playing for the top seed. This could actually get interesting...

At the same time, Finland's playing for that 4th-seed and the bye to the Quarterfinals. They've got a lot to play for.

Ok Sweden, you can call off the dogs now...you've got the lead.

Interesting useless fact. There is only one NHL rink that can still convert to International Ice and that's the Saddledome.

I'd be interested to see how they manage that

It's just piping underneath. He said "can convert"...not still is. But actually, I am not sure that it is really true as Staples Center hosted last year's ISU World Skating Championships, and they require 60 meters x 30 meters aka IIHF size rink.

Barring a barrage of goals in the final minutes, here's where teams will be seeded:

1) United States vs. 8-9 winner

2) Sweden vs. 7-10 winner

3) Russia vs. 6-11`winner

4) Finalnd vs. 5-12 winner

5) Czech Rep vs. 12) Latvia

6) Canada vs. 11) Germany

7) Slovakia vs. 10) Norway

8) Switzerland vs. 9) Belarus

6uXNWAo.png

It's just piping underneath. He said "can convert"...not still is.

I understand what he said, I meant manage as in how they restrict the floor down to NHL regs for ice creation, how they cover up / protect the rest of it, how the seating bowl gets adjusted to accommodate either, those types of things.

And your United States Olympic Hockey team now holds the first seed, congrats guys

It's just piping underneath. He said "can convert"...not still is.

I understand what he said, I meant manage as in how they restrict the floor down to NHL regs for ice creation, how they cover up / protect the rest of it, how the seating bowl gets adjusted to accommodate either, those types of things.

And your United States Olympic Hockey team now holds the first seed, congrats guys

Not to digress more from the idea of the thread, but before the concrete slab is laid, the sub-floor contains a cooling system for its entire area of the arena floor. Where the boards ends does not equate to where the cooling system ends. What is cooled is computer controlled for multi-purpose facilities. At buildings that size, a company specializing in refrigeration, like this company, Roustan is a subcontractor and designs the system to be installed.

Not to digress more from the idea of the thread, but before the concrete slab is laid, the sub-floor contains a cooling system for its entire area of the arena floor. Where the boards ends does not equate to where the cooling system ends.

I understand all of that as well. I was more interested in other aspects of the whole process, but nevermind, this has already gone much further off the rails then it needed to.

Barring a barrage of goals in the final minutes, here's where teams will be seeded:

1) United States vs. 8-9 winner

2) Sweden vs. 7-10 winner

3) Russia vs. 6-11`winner

4) Finalnd vs. 5-12 winner

5) Czech Rep vs. 12) Latvia

6) Canada vs. 11) Germany

7) Slovakia vs. 10) Norway

8) Switzerland vs. 9) Belarus

With that draw, I can see an USA/Czech Russia/Sweden semis leading to a possible 1980/1960 rematch. Does the USA bring back these throwback jerseys if they make that matchup? I'd hope so.

The draw does play out favorably for the USA to at the very least medal. Just have to beat Switzerland again. Not easy, but very doable. But I definitely see a great path to the final for the USA.

I love it!

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived