XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Agreed even if your trying to hold yourself up and just slightly touch a competitor you are DQ. I had to laugh listening to NBC's coverage of that race.

He touched Tremblay, and fulled extended his arm as Tremblay fell. It's the definition of a disqualification. To here Oh No! try to say he was protecting himself and to blame it on the "Canadian" referee is hilarious. He never mentioned that both referees have to agree on the final ruling. But if he said that, the "hometown bias" excuse would be thrown out the window.

1zqy8ok.gif

Ohno knew what he did was wrong.

Take a look at the look on his face after the race. He was like oh :censored: I hope they did not see that. I hope I get away with it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ohno could be DQed or not. My problem is with the enforcement. That type of contact is made frequently. It should be a DQ all the time, or it should not. Only calling it a DQ when a skater falls is terrible. It's the same as handing down a suspension based on a resulting injury instead of the actual act. Have rules and enforce them uniformly.

Ohno could be DQed or not. My problem is with the enforcement. That type of contact is made frequently. It should be a DQ all the time, or it should not. Only calling it a DQ when a skater falls is terrible. It's the same as handing down a suspension based on a resulting injury instead of the actual act. Have rules and enforce them uniformly.

Anytime your arm extends fully and you touch another skater you get disqualified, no ifs and or buts.

1zqy8ok.gif

Anytime your arm extends fully and you touch another skater you get disqualified, no ifs and or buts.

I'm curious -- is there more leniency given if contact occurs on an opponent's upper body versus making contact with their foot or skate? I was discussing this with friends last night, and, although none of us are short-track speed skaters and we weren't clear on the rules, we seemed to agree that contacting lower down on the body would have a greater potential of throwing an opponent off-balance than on the shoulder or torso.

Canada wins their 11th Gold Medal in Long Track Team Pursuit and Jasey-Jay Anderson is in the Gold Medal Final of Giant Snowboard Slalom.

So Canada is guaranteed at least 3 more medals all of which could be Gold. Great Olympics so far.

EDIT: Jasey-Jay wins Gold so that's 12 Gold and I believe this will make Canada finish with the most Gold Medals in this Olympics

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Only Germany has an outside shot at getting 12 Gold, But Canada still has two more chances to get Gold maybe even three with 4-Man Bobsleigh later on Today with Canada 1 sitting in 2nd spot and Canada 2 in 6th.

For the first time since St Moritz in 1948, the US-1 4 man bobsled team wins GOLD. Germany 1 the silver and Canada 1 with the Bronze. The US now has 36 medals and is guaranteed at least 37 medals after tomorrow.The most total medals in Winter Olympic history.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

This isn't true, though it may be the letter of the law. It just lacks consistent enforcement. I've watched plenty of speed-skating this year, and it's simply not called every time, that's all.

What's more is Ohno didn't extend his arm. The angle of his elbow never changed.

Kevin Martin completes his resume as the Best Men's Skip in the world.

1 Olympic Gold, 1 Olympic Silver

4 Brier Championships, 1 Brier Runner-up

1 World Championship, 2 Worlds Runner-up

Archived