XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crosby was silent the whole game, and missed that key breakaway, but all history will show is that he got the game winning goal in the Gold Medal game.

History will also show that he kick-started the biggest party in Canadian history!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Crosby was silent the whole game, and missed that key breakaway, but all history will show is that he got the game winning goal in the Gold Medal game.

History will also show that he kick-started the biggest party in Canadian history!

Bigger than '72 or '02?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I am making a prediction for Sochi 2014...Russian Mens Hockey Team will win gold (thats because they will play in an IIHF rink and the tendency of European powers doing well in Europe)...and Canada will not medal in 2014...Mark it down and Book it! :hockeysmiley:

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

just something I made last night!

usa-2.png

Allow me....

WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Now with that's out of the way, hats off to the USA. They played a fantastic game. America will be a hockey power not to be reckoned with for a long time. American fans have nothing to be ashamed of. Nice to see the roster of haters from the US side absent. To the rest of the American fans, congrats on a fantastic showing. You have a lot to look forward to in the future.

That being said, GO CANADA! :flagcanada: The 14th gold (giving Canada the record for most gold for any single Winter Games), in men's hockey, on home ice is just fantastic. Thank you guys, thank you.

:flagcanada:

Bigger than '72 or '02?

Now you're just being a buzzkill -Dan. You made your point earlier. So how about you get out of the way and let our neighbors to the north enjoy their victory?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Bigger than '72 or '02?

Now you're just being a buzzkill -Dan. You made your point earlier. So how about you get out of the way and let our neighbors to the north enjoy their victory?

Seconded.

Hi, how are you?

When we have a Stanley Cup Champion, NBA Champion, World Series Champion, Super Bowl Champion, NCAAF Champion, etc.. every year they can't all be historic or the best ever.

True the olympics is every four and each is different.

But the '72 Summit Series was the greatest hockey series ever, considering all the political and social factors it was huge! In 2002 it was Canada's first Gold Medal in 50 years it was huge.

Today was the first Gold in 8 years all Canada was redemming was a poor '06 showning. Not trying to be a buzz kill, but its just hard to find anything epic or historic about it aside from the overtime.

I'd be saying the same thing if the U.S. won. All day on TV they were saying that an American victory would be as big as 1980 and it definately would not have.

Not trying to be a prick, just the way I view today's game in terms of other huge hockey events.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

When we have a Stanley Cup Champion, NBA Champion, World Series Champion, Super Bowl Champion, NCAAF Champion, etc.. every year they can't all be historic or the best ever.

True the olympics is every four and each is different.

But the '72 Summit Series was the greatest hockey series ever, considering all the political and social factors it was huge! In 2002 it was Canada's first Gold Medal in 50 years it was huge.

Today was the first Gold in 8 years all Canada was redemming was a poor '06 showning. Not trying to be a buzz kill, but its just hard to find anything epic or historic about it aside from the overtime.

I'd be saying the same thing if the U.S. won. All day on TV they were saying that an American victory would be as big as 1980 and it definately would not have.

Not trying to be a prick, just the way I view today's game in terms of other huge hockey events.

Yet you're succeeding. Right now no one cares how you see the game or it's place in history. As I said, you made your point earlier. We get it. Now go away and stop being so...well...you.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

The fact that the USA wasn't even supposed to compete, let alone push Canada to the limits in the Gold Medal game, is big for me. The Silver medal is well worth it because, let's face it, Canada wasn't going to lose this game. No way Canada would lose this game on home ice... You could only imagine the top story on Canadian news on Monday...

'Hundreds of Canadians suffered from massive heart attacks as Canada loses to the US in Hockey.... again.'

Before this falls off the face of the Earth, I leave with this fact: This is the first time since they introduced Women's Ice Hockey that the three medalists in Men and Women's Ice Hockey are the same (Canada wins Gold, USA wins Silver, Finland wins Bronze).

THEY'RE MAKING FUN OF THE HYDRAULIC MALFUNCTION DURING THE CLOSING CEREMONIES :censored:ING HILARIOUS

And they even had the torchbearer who got screwed out of lighting the cauldron the first time get to do the honors this time.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived