Joshhockey's NHL Redesign

joshhockey

The other day I was looking at the NHL Shop and realized that some of the unis are just plain bad and I decided to do something about it. I will try to change something about every team, of course some will be easier than others. I will probably update some logos or add secondaries but there won't likely be any major logo changes. Also, home jerseys will now be white. Without further ado, here are the San Jose Sharks. C&C would be great.

No changes were made to the logos but I did update the jerseys. The striping on the home/road is supposed to tie in with the triangle in the logo. The alternate is the biggest change. The teal parts on the sleeves are supposed to look like shark fins.

sanjoseconcept.png

g4104.png

I like both the home and road jerseys but the alternate?? ehhh...that logo in that 3rd jersey is somehow odd.. best to have the leaping shark there in place of it.. can it be doable?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

i'm not a big fan of the alternate, but the home and away sort of blew my expectations out of the water. i love it.

except i'm not a huge fan of the sock design. i hate diagonal stripes on socks.

either way, great work so far. can't wait to see the rest. (especially my stars)

I like the Home and Away. However, I'm not sure about the black numbers on the white. They look a bit unappealing to the eye. Maybe switch the black with teal? As for the alternate, I think it's looks great. However, maybe switch the teal with the orange on the stripes and it may look perfect.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I'll probably have in update in the next couple of days. What do you guys think of an orange alt? Thanks for the C&C and keep it comin'.

NOOO. Please, no orange. That would totally ruin the Sharks IMO. The color orange to me with their identity is just an accent. It just wouldn't look right as the primary color of a jersey.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Those templates are somewhat inaccurate. Authentics don't have logos on the sleeve cuff ;)

Old template, shhh. :P

As for the design itself, I like it. I like it a lot. Usually I don't like any Sharks concepts that utilize orange over silver but you pulled this off nicely.

A few critiques though...

The width of the arm stripes and the hem stripes should swap, or be equal. Usually if the hem stripe and the arm stripe are the same design the arm stripe will tend to be the smaller of the two. The way you have it makes the jersey a bit unbalanced in my mind.

If I were you I'd make the sock striping straight rather than at an angle.

The name and number font in my mind, is the worst in sports. Granted the Sabres and Chargers suck but the Senators old font is awful, the typeface (in variations) is incredibly overused and I can't stand it. Besides my personal distaste for it, the smooth curves and contours of the numbers don't translate well with the sharp angles of the striping.

The alternate is a whole different animal. There's far too much orange, and I'd go with something other than the Flyers/Thrashers template, to me it only works with certain colors. This shade of orange is not one of them.

It took a while but I've got an update ready. I changed up the hem and arm stripes so they're the same width. I also changed the font to a standard block. Alternate is also new. C&C please.

sanjoseconcept2.png

I've also got a font question. I didn't want a plain block font, I wanted it to be somehow custom and I'm wondering which I should use. The second one is what I currently have on the unis.

sanjosenumbers.png

g4104.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting everybody know that this thread is not dead. I've been really busy with school lately and haven't had much time to work on it. I was done the Thrashers and was just putting some final touches on when Inkscape crashed (Said it saved a back-up but can't find it. Any ideas where it might be?), the set should still be up either tonight or tomorrow. I guess I've learned the save-a-lot lesson.:P

g4104.png

this looks pretty good. my issue is I can't really tell you what some hockey teams look like, so I have nothing to compare and contrast with. but, good presentations always get a comment from me. I'm interested in looking at these hockey designs b/c when I'm done with my bball series I'm going to be brave and start a hockey redo.

Archived