2 Hockey Concepts

puckcool22

The Kings jersey is for a return to purple and gold, but to keep up with the times make the gold an old/vegas gold. **credit to RC for the diagonal text**

la.gif

here is the new white jersey

la2.gif

for the flyers I would like to see a return to orange with a different alternate, but I think they could use a little more black on the orange jersey than before. In the past I showed a concept like this with silver, but this has no silver and that was a loong time ago.

flyers.gif

signature.gif

I agree with Tank about the LA concept, but its a good looking jersey...

As for the Flyers...I think the Black is a bit too dominate. I'm not sure black will work with their current shoulder pattern, but I do agree for an alternate it would work. I'm just a traditionalist that wants to see the old orange jerseys back in action :D

The Kings alternate is okay. It's even better than the Rangers (who obviously inspired the design) because it isn't a standard block font italicized and drop-shadowed that can't necessarily be duplicated at any two-bit sporting goods-store.

EDIT: My original comments make no sense now ... now that the LA concept has been changed. For the better, if you ask me. Something about being the KINGS makes me want to see a crown front & center on anything they wear.

The Flyers' alternate is an improvement over the orange, silver and black monstrosities they currently sport. If you use the alternate F logo on the front, I'd add the primary logo on the shoulders, though it may not show up terribly well on black shoulders. Maybe a thick white outline would do the trick, or changing the shoulders to white, and the outline of the shoulders to black.

Ideally, the Flyers' black jersey would be the one that has the third uniform design, the orange would be a reversal of the white, and I'd be happier. And then all the Flyer fans would have to buy replacement jerseys. That should make it a tempting idea to Snider and company ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The Kings jersey has potential. The thing that bothers me right now is the inconsistancy between the crown and the numbers on the back. If it were me, I'd add a black outline to the gold numbers and then keep the white trim around that. This would make them look more like the crown which has black in it.

Then, I'd out line the crown in white to make it not only match the numbers better, but really help it pop from the dark purple jersey.

The

Flyers is really sharp and I like it a lot, except for the shoulder logos. No hockey player would ever, ever want to be on the ice wearing a bullseye. :cursing: Just make that the standard "p" logo and life is good.

Ireally like the Flyers colors without the silver too. Good choice.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

i like the flyers minus the shoulder logo. just go with the P logo(just learned a while ago that that logo was a p?)

and the kings is interesting but not there yet. i agree there needs to be consistency with the numbers. but i also dont like the crown logo at all, and am a huge fan of the crest logo they used a while back so id rather see that on a jersey

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

i also would rather use the marcel dionne era crown logo, the problem is i cant find a good version of it

with the crown color editing i want it to match the numbers, and not vice versa. I didnt really want any black in there but I did this in paint cause my PC has been a little slow lately so I didnt want to open up the illustrator with a vector version of the modern crown.

signature.gif

The Kings looks tacky but the Flyers is a winner! :notworthy:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

A few consistency issues with the Kings' identity concept. I'd go with either drop shadows or outlines (the logo uses an outline, the letters a drop shadow), or else outline the drop shadow. Also, the drop shadows on the "LA" shoulder logo go down to the right, while on the "Los Angeles Kings" wordmark, they go up to the right. Lastly, the irony that it's a queen's crown usually squashes all attempts to bring the old logo back, maybe try designing a king's crown for the logo? Nice jersey design.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like the new crown being outlined with white to match the numbers. It really pops from the purple jersey now.

One thing I'd still do is outline the gold numbers with purple and then outline that with the white you have now. That would make them 3 layers like you have on the white jersey back numbers.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 3 weeks later...

These are nice. The Flyers is simple, much like their current style. The x-line logo is a nice touch. First time I've seen this logo used. Great job.

The Kings jersey is good, the only thing that doesn't right (IMO) is the LA on the shoulder - something about the font style that doesn't seem right. Otherwise it's a solid concept. I like the stripes and the drop shadow on the LA, it's the font that's not right.

Good Job Puckcool22!!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I believe I pointed out the queen's crown logo on another thread--but yeah it's kind of funny...

Still I like the uniform design--the purple works, and the shade change from their old yellow to this is an improvement over their current, and any past jersies--just get a crown fit for a King!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived