London 2012

raysox

So let me explain myself. I would update the Rio concept, but my laptop charger is busted. I'm on the family computer, and all it has is paint. So the following concept is in paint vision!

I've been sketching this on spanish notes, and math homework for the last 2 weeks. I really think I'm onto something. I wanted to base the logo somewhar odd the union jack. I was sketching and it started to form arrows. I've been fine tuning it on paper, and this is the best i could do on paint. The script is really what i'm excited about. London, with a 12 making up the D. Pretty simple, and not too much of a stretch. Here ya go!

2012.png

I'll definatly take all c&c. This'll be the first thing I do when i get my laptop back.

Oh, and I'll see about doing a Sochi logo.

Im not feeling either of them on the 2 part. I cant really pinpoint a solution but something's gotta change. Nice use of your Spanish notes and math homework btw.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

You're on the right track. It's already better then the abomination that they're currently using.

As for suggestions on how to improve, I would continue to tweak the wordmark. I would move the apostrophe back into the 1/D, but I would keep the outline you have on the most recent version.

yeah, looks like loniron, and the 'o' would mess up any hint of a 12 by making it look like 120.

its been done well already anyway. this is how you get 2012 in.

_43010067_richard_416.jpg

the 'union jack' isnt a union jack. sorry, but the individual flags that make it up have very specific meanings,

and to change it is to remove any sort of meaning from the national flag.

plus it kind of looks like a snowflake winter olympic logo. reminds me of the calgary olympic logo.

calgary_canadian_design.jpg

the 'union jack' isnt a union jack. sorry, but the individual flags that make it up have very specific meanings,

plus it kind of looks like a snowflake winter olympic logo. reminds me of the calgary olympic logo.

I was going to make these exact same points. Not a Union Flag and looks like a snowflake. Either that or a combination of religious crosses.

I think that the Wordmark part is workable. But somehow not quite there yet.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

That or four arrows pointing to the center lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I was going to make these exact same points. Not a Union Flag and looks like a snowflake. Either that or a combination of religious crosses.

To be fair, a combination of religious crosses is what the Union Flag is.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course it's a little different, but looking at that logo instantly made me think of this:

bf8233339807ecec243c6da16b4422af5f0f5771.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Raysox,

I don't think the design is bad...I just don't think it works for the Olympics. The logo isn't abstract and out there enough- clear elements of the flag are presented in your design and if you check out previous designs, that usually isn't the case. Usually some piece of architecture, famous landmark, or other historical reference is displayed in some abstract way. The flag is just a little too obvious and bland to work, in my opinion.

Archived