2010 USA World Cup Away

BupsJones

Way better than the last graphite away kit. I don't mind the white sash, I think it'd look a bit weird if it was red with white trim actually. I wish it had white shorts though, as navy over white is one of my favorite combos, and then that'd leave white over blue for the home (which now sucks because I'm not a fan of the all-white look for them). Jacket is sick too.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

This is nice, but I can't help but think the sash would be better off red.

I was thinking I'd like it better if it was two equal-width stripes of white and red, then the same stripe in blue and red on the white jersey. What I don't like, though, is the thin red piping on either side. This is one of those things that gets stronger the simpler you make it.

Still, a massive improvement. I wish the US national team could settle on a single look - hell, even a single color scheme - and stick with it for a few World Cup cycles. It's about time the US established an iconic look. A simple sash, with mostly blue and only a little red, is my first choice, so I'm digging these big time. But it's at the point where I almost don't care if the US uniform design is any good, just so long as they pick something and stick with it.

20082614447.png

Picture+4.pngPicture+1.pngPicture+2.png

Eh... I don't like it. There is a certain unbalance to the design as a whole. Also, the crest seems very small and very close to the numbers. And those socks are 10 kinds of ugly.

At least the graphite kits were clean and didn't have a cluster**** of randomness going on.

I like the kits except for the front jersey number bunched together with the crest. Simply having it on the shorts would have sufficed. Other than that I like em.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Way better than the last graphite away kit. I don't mind the white sash, I think it'd look a bit weird if it was red with white trim actually. I wish it had white shorts though, as navy over white is one of my favorite combos, and then that'd leave white over blue for the home (which now sucks because I'm not a fan of the all-white look for them). Jacket is sick too.

I think straight red on blue, no outline. i agree this kit looks way too jumbled. i'd rather see it mimic the primary and have a midnight blue sash on the navy. the numbers could then go dead center if theyre even necessary.

... I can't help but think the sash would be better off red.

I 100% agree with this sentiment.

That said, I'm also in agreement with those who have stated that the overall design is too "unbalanced", "random" and "jumbled". It strikes me as if the designers didn't know quite what aesthetic they were going for (the jersey more traditional, the socks more modern, etc), so they threw a bunch of s**t at the wall and hoped that it would stick.

Frankly, the end result is one of my least favorite USMNT uniforms ever.

Frankly, the end result is one of my least favorite USMNT uniforms ever.

I second that. Coming from the same company that designed the DTOM kits, this is a HUGE disappointment.

Here is a small gripe I have with these. I don't like how the number on the front of the shirt and the number on the shorts are both on the same side. (Right as you look, left if you are wearing it!) and with the badge and number on the same side against only the Nike swoosh on the other, it leaves the balance of the shirt wrong, somehow.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Those jackets are sick! I NEED to get me one of those.

I like the sash on the jersey, I don't like the badge and number crammed together. Might be better with the number moved to the shield space, the shield moved to the other side and the swoosh could move just below it.

Not a fan at all. Glad we're wearing blue again, but other than that, nothing seems too impressive. The sash looks weird, the numbers look too big compared to the crest. The socks are ridiculous.

Jackets however are very cool. Might get one of those.

I'm not really a big fan of the jersey. I'm glad my girlfriend got me the '09 kit as a birthday gift, as I prefer it greatly to this set. That jacket, on the other hand, is a thing of pure beauty and I will own one.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I'm not really a big fan of the jersey. I'm glad my girlfriend got me the '09 kit as a birthday gift, as I prefer it greatly to this set. That jacket, on the other hand, is a thing of pure beauty and I will own one.

I own the 08/09 home and it is one of my favorite US jerseys ever. The new set is too cluttered.

I own the 08/09 home and it is one of my favorite US jerseys ever. The new set is too cluttered.

Agreed. It's simple, I love the graphite blue color, and it doesn't look ridiculous when I wear it casually as a t-shirt because it doesn't have random crap all over it. I like a lot of different jersey designs, many of which are modern and complicated, but I really love the simple understatement of the outgoing kits.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

superb look for the overall away uniform.

I love the sash, the colors are nice too. Don't mind the number placed below the USSF Logo.

I don't like the round neck/collar tough.

I'm gonna get one of those for certain.

Archived