2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, Don't care for hockey that much anyway.

I have a strange feeling that your response would be different if the Rangers had won.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

My Blackhawks get Nashville. Are they the most painfully boring and average team in the league or what? This feels like the 2003 Mighty Ducks, another team that knocked off superior teams despite being painfully boring and average. The only difference is that I don't think Pekka Rinne straps himself to a summer cottage and calls it equipment. Might be wrong.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Man, Coyotes and Red Wings. This is like the Eschaton of questionable NHL officiating. The dueling conflicts of interest inherent to such a matchup--"do we throw the series for our beloved bitching floppers again or for the team we're trying to make taxpayers buy?"--will be so intense that they'll collide with great force, tear the time-space continuum, and cause the Detroit waterfront and Glendale strip mall to each be swallowed by black holes. (Oddly appropriate in the case of Westgate, where a cultural vacuum would be engulfed by an actual vacuum.) Our own STL Fanatic could find himself feeling pulled apart by horses if things don't go Detroit's way, as he'll be forced to reconcile the league's terrible referees with saving Phoenix hockey by any means necessary.

The Whiteout won't be as effective when two-thirds of the white shirts say "YZERMAN" on the back. Have fun with that one.

Man, Coyotes and Red Wings. This is like the Eschaton of questionable NHL officiating. The dueling conflicts of interest inherent to such a matchup--"do we throw the series for our beloved bitching floppers again or for the team we're trying to make taxpayers buy?"--will be so intense that they'll collide with great force, tear the time-space continuum, and cause the Detroit waterfront and Glendale strip mall to each be swallowed by black holes. (Oddly appropriate in the case of Westgate, where a cultural vacuum would be engulfed by an actual vacuum.) Our own STL Fanatic could find himself feeling pulled apart by horses if things don't go Detroit's way, as he'll be forced to reconcile the league's terrible referees with saving Phoenix hockey by any means necessary.

The Whiteout won't be as effective when two-thirds of the white shirts say "YZERMAN" on the back. Have fun with that one.

You are really showing you have 0 credibility, the admiral. There won't be 2/3rd of the Whiteout crowd cheering for the Red Wings. The majority will be Coyotes fan.

I hope the Coyotes win this series.

Crosby and Mr. NHL 11 cover boy in my opinion will share the Rocket Richard Trophy.

First time since 2004 when Iginla, Nash and Kovalchuk shared it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

You are really showing you have 0 credibility, the admiral. There won't be 2/3rd of the Whiteout crowd cheering for the Red Wings. The majority will be Coyotes fan.

Well, except for the weeknight games, because you just can't be expected to drive out to Glendale in that traffic, apparently.

I hope the Coyotes win this series.

You and me both, but this thing's got "Wings in 4" written all over it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I really can't pick this series, nor do I want to. Either outcome will leave me equal parts disgusted and elated.

I'm not gonna ask you to root for the Wings, you can root for a meteor strike for all I care, but I will throw this out there... If the Wings eliminate Phoenix and the Coyotes move this summer, Detroit will have ended the final seasons of both the Winnipeg Jets and the Phoenix Coyotes.

The last Minnesota North Stars game was also against Detroit. The Wings have a history of team-killing, which could continue this year.

:)

I really can't pick this series, nor do I want to. Either outcome will leave me equal parts disgusted and elated.

I'm not gonna ask you to root for the Wings, you can root for a meteor strike for all I care, but I will throw this out there... If the Wings eliminate Phoenix and the Coyotes move this summer, Detroit will have ended the final seasons of both the Winnipeg Jets and the Phoenix Coyotes.

The Coyotes are not moving, if all the reports from Glendale are true.

If the Wings eliminate Phoenix and the Coyotes move this summer, Detroit will have ended the final seasons of both the Winnipeg Jets and the Phoenix Coyotes.

The last Minnesota North Stars game was also against Detroit. The Wings have a history of team-killing, which could continue this year.

I am become Lidstrom, destroyer of worlds.

Archived