WAC Football concepts

dgnmrwrw

After the positive response to the ACC football ideas I had a while back, I've continued to work on more. So here's the WAC. Some quick notes: Some of the helmets and helmet logos have changed, based entirely on my personal preferences. Also, the Hawai'i helmet would be like the Jaguars helmet--sort of a metallic black and green mix--and the sublimation is an island floral pattern.

Boise State Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Fresno State Home | Road | Road Alt

Hawai'i Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Idaho Home | Road | Road Alt | Road Alt 2

Louisiana Tech Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Nevada Home | Road | Road Alt

New Mexico State Home | Road | Road Alt

San Jose State Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt | Road Alt 2

Utah State Home | Road | Road Alt

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

After the positive response to the ACC football ideas I had a while back, I've continued to work on more. So here's the WAC. Some quick notes: Some of the helmets and helmet logos have changed, based entirely on my personal preferences. Also, the Hawai'i helmet would be like the Jaguars helmet--sort of a metallic black and green mix--and the sublimation is an island floral pattern.

Boise State Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Fresno State Home | Road | Road Alt

Hawai'i Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Idaho Home | Road | Road Alt | Road Alt 2

Louisiana Tech Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Nevada Home | Road | Road Alt

New Mexico State Home | Road | Road Alt

San Jose State Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt | Road Alt 2

Utah State Home | Road | Road Alt

I have to say, these are all PERFECT! No flaws at all. My favorite is definitely Hawaii with the hidden prints in the pants and jersey. An Utah State's is so simple but modern at the same time. These are cool man. Good Job.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I agree that all these are very nice. Good work! It's great to see someone make concepts for the lesser known conferences.

Would you be able to send me your template you used for these? I have one that is similar but it doesn't have the undershirt sleeves or that helmet. Just let me know and pm you my email. Thanks.

Again another great set of unis. I actually do like La. Tech, not so much the stripes but the white helmet makes it for me. No weak one out the group, and my favorites are NM State and Utah State.

Also, going back to the NFL redesign, you mentioned that each player that was represented did have a common theme, but you didn't let us in on it. I was going to say that all the names had two letters in a row somewhere (i.e. Peppers, Torry, but I can't remember where I lost that train of thought. Then I thought it was players who played in the ACC, but that wasn't it either. So what was it exactly?

7824_large.jpg

Wow! These are INCREDIBLE! Simple and clean, but not boring. My favorite is San Jose State, but contrary to some, I LOVE Louisiana Tech's as well-- the pants striping gives a classic look a modern feel. I can't find any flaws.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Boise State: Great set, except I would use the current logo.

Fresno State: Very good.

Hawaii: Very good as well. Would be interesting to experiment with silver or black numbers for the home jersey.

Idaho: Very well done.

LA Tech: I would stick with the red helmet. It is synonymous with the school.

Nevada: Doesn't look half bad. The numbers look a little too Arena League for me, though. The rest looks really good.

NM State: Don't like the "NMS" across the state profile. I think the "Aggies" script in cardinal trimmed in black and white would look better going across the state profile. However, the rest of the set looks really good.

San Jose State: My favorite one of the set. Very well done. Especially like the "Spartan" helmet that hasn't been used in over five years, which is still one of my favorite NCAA helmets of all time.

Utah State: Don't quite know what to think of the helmet, mainly because I'm so familiar with the "U-State" logo as their primary for as long as I can remember. Everything else looks great, though.

Would you be able to send me your template you used for these? I have one that is similar but it doesn't have the undershirt sleeves or that helmet. Just let me know and pm you my email. Thanks.

Sure, just hit me up with a PM.

Also, going back to the NFL redesign, you mentioned that each player that was represented did have a common theme, but you didn't let us in on it. I was going to say that all the names had two letters in a row somewhere (i.e. Peppers, Torry, but I can't remember where I lost that train of thought. Then I thought it was players who played in the ACC, but that wasn't it either. So what was it exactly?

Ah, I forgot about that. I think I said (and really hope I did) that there was a connection between some of the players. The connection in the NFL series was that, whenever I could find one on the roster, I used a player who went to NC State, my alma mater. The rest were just random. And, btw, there's no connection in this college series. Just whatever famous name I can think of for that school, or someone random off the roster.

Wow! These are INCREDIBLE! Simple and clean, but not boring. My favorite is San Jose State, but contrary to some, I LOVE Louisiana Tech's as well-- the pants striping gives a classic look a modern feel. I can't find any flaws.

Well, I'm glad someone liked the stripes. That was my intention--to keep the classic triple stripe but modernize it and give it some motion. But I'm perfectly willing to admit that they may not be working that well. So here's an updated look, with classic pants stripes. Thoughts? Better or worse?

Lousisiana Tech Home (updated)

NM State: Don't like the "NMS" across the state profile. I think the "Aggies" script in cardinal trimmed in black and white would look better going across the state profile. However, the rest of the set looks really good.

San Jose State: My favorite one of the set. Very well done. Especially like the "Spartan" helmet that hasn't been used in over five years, which is still one of my favorite NCAA helmets of all time.

Ususally, I really like scripts like that on helmets (one of the reasons I went back to the "Duke" script). But after working with other script logos--such as Duke, Oregon State, Washington State--while doing these, I was really unimpressed by that "Aggies" script. It seems, by comparison, very generic (like a default MS Word script), and it has that huge tail from the S that seems to diminish the letterforms. But, for comparison, here's a script helmet. I still think the other one is stronger, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

New Mexico State Home (helmet option 2)

I know that they have an older, more unique script logo, but I can't seem to find it. That script logo, not the most recent one, is the one that I envision going across the state profile.

Anyone have any idea where I can find this? Or are there any more comments before I move on to another conference?

Archived