2010 NCAA Final Four Thread

Cujo

This tournament would be the greatest if K-State loses, Duke loses, Kentucky loses especially UK if there is one thing I can't stand is a big name school full of cocky freshman.

BIG RED!!!!

How so?

1-The ratings for the Final Four will be lower than usual since could be four Cinderellas. As I said before, you need a Golaith to peek interest in the games. You want someone to play either Duke or Kentucky as they are nationally known teams who are arguably the two "most hated" in the nation.

2-The success of the mid-majors or lowers will strengthen the idea of a 96 team tournament. Out of the non-BCS confeences, only the MWC (3), A10 (2), WCC (1), and WAC (1) received at-large bids. People may now question, "How would have the 2nd place team in the MVC or Horizon have fared in the tournament?"

I can't tell who this crowd in Syracuse is rooting for?

Remember that the majority of fans there are from Syracuse who just saw or heard that their team lost. Teams get 1,500-2,500 tickets depending on the venue size.

Overall, these games have been competitive, but very sloppy. Ugh.

This game for Kentucky reminds me in terms of style of the games which Michigan had to play on the way to the 1993 Final Four (now vacated). Sweet 16 against GW and a regional final against Temple. Not the style of play they want, so they have to be patient.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Kentucky is just 60 minutes away from getting John Calipari to his first ever Final Four appearance (according to the NCAA.)

Didn't you mean to place the "*" following appearance since this one will probably be investigated too?

You know what this tourney kind reminds me of? The 1998 one which featured a Valparaiso-Rhode Island Sweet 16 game, among other things.

The Kentucky-North Carolina dream championship game was dashed by Utah. Stanford almost beat Kentucky in one of the semifinals. Imagine a Stanford-Utah championship game. Whoa.

Italy.png

Thankfully, we are at Energy Solutions Arena...Frank Martin is about to explode louder than Gus Johnson.

K-State got lucky. The Clemente "foul" was a shirt grab and intentional.

I wouldn't want Frank Martin mad at me. He looks like he could Batista bomb a few people.

WTF!!!!!! Crawford.

I am now glad that Gus is on this game!

This side of the tournament is unfolding perfectly for Ohio State. I think they have a better shot this year than they did in 2007. If they don't lose against Tennessee tomorrow (in this tournament that is a very real possibility) then they have a very good shot at getting to the final four and NCG.

Go Butler.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Items to digest before Saturday:

1- K-State draws the most fouls in the nation, but also commits the most fouls in the nation. Tonight, they drew fouls and committed fouls. Butler committed 15 fouls and drew 16.

Butler played nine guys, but one kid only played a minute. K-State played 50 minutes at altitude tonight. The fact that the Wildcats only had 11 turnovers after 50 minutes is really key (Butler had 7 in 40 minutes).

2-WVU had 23 turnovers today. If they do that against UK, they will blown the F out!

Archived