2010 NCAA Final Four Thread

Cujo

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Hiroshima-ing of everyone's brackets is brought to you courtesy of Northern Iowa, the Missouri Valley Conference, and non-BCS teams everywhere.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Although this completly destroys my bracket, this win is mega huge for UNI.

In Iowa, it's all about Iowa and Iowa State while Drake and UNI have a somewhat of a fringe fanbase. This win over Kansas has put Northern Iowa on the map.

I had Kansas winning the title, but I could care less about my bracket anymore.

That is how you define March Madness in one play, that three pointer, up with no shot clock by Ali Farokhmanesh, that shot takes guts.

saBS.png

Wow. I think I'm gonna go get a shovel and get ready to go bury my bracket, cause it's pretty much dead.

I'm gonna go burn mine, I think that might be a little more fun

Simply stunning. Good for Notherin Iowa! On the other hand, Bill Self and the overall top seeded Jayhawks should be embarrassed.

Not really. They've been down this road before.

I'm assuming Bill Self wants to be on the opposite side of the bracket from any MVC teams for the rest of his career.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Obama?s Strong First Round

By LIZ ROBBINS

President Obama may be occupied with pulling out a fiercely contested tournament full of suspense and last-second shots, but away from the health care vote, he has found some early validation in his N.C.A.A. bracket choices. The First Fan picked 25 winners out of the 32 games in the first round, and all of his Final Four picks ? Kansas (his choice to win it all), Kansas State, Villanova and Kentucky are safely into the second round.

As for his second round

hindenburg.gif

its going about as well as the rest of his Presidency.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Obama?s Strong First Round

By LIZ ROBBINS

President Obama may be occupied with pulling out a fiercely contested tournament full of suspense and last-second shots, but away from the health care vote, he has found some early validation in his N.C.A.A. bracket choices. The First Fan picked 25 winners out of the 32 games in the first round, and all of his Final Four picks ? Kansas (his choice to win it all), Kansas State, Villanova and Kentucky are safely into the second round.

As for his second round

hindenburg.gif

Or about as well as his push for health care reform.

Zing!

Tank, I'd argue politics with you, but I do believe I'd be better off arguing with someone who can actually make a half-decent argument.

In any case... would the folks from Northern Iowa please act like they've been there before?

LvZYtbZ.png

Obama's Strong First Round

By LIZ ROBBINS

As for his second round

hindenburg.gif

Stop. Just... stop.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived