2010 NCAA Final Four Thread

Cujo

Well that was fun while it lasted. I didn't expect them to even make the tournament nevermind winning a game in it. Good run the MAC tournament and against Georgetown, Bobcats. You made a lot of people happy.

Well, it is probably not even time for you students to even "pre-party" now, but I assume that taps are flowing and more was brought in after St. Patrick's Day and the win on Thursday.

Just go back to around page 6 or 7 to see what happened after the win on Thursday. Unfortunately, we went on Spring Break today so there's probably not that many students actually left in Athens.

Also, I picked Kansas to win it all, but was not at all surprised to see them lose to Northern Iowa. I just had a feeling. With OU's win over Georgetown, and UNI's win over Kansas, this sets up a much easier road to the final four for the Ohio State Buckeyes. OSU people, I've applied for temporary bandwagon status. I hope I get to join.

Of course you're approved. Welcome aboard.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just setting up great for an unbelievable Final Four here in Indy. Hopefully I get to see my Buckeyes there in April!

Go Bucks!

The Bracket as it stands now...

9 Northern Iowa

4 Maryland/5 Michigan State

6 Tennessee

2 Ohio State/10 Georgia Tech

1 Syracuse/8 Gonzaga

5 Butler

3 Pittsburgh/6 Xavier

2 Kansas State

1 Kentucky

4 Wisconsin/12 Cornell

11 Washington

2 West Virginia/10 Missouri

1 Duke/8 California

4 Purdue/5 Texas A&M

3 Baylor

10 St Mary's

6fQjS3M.png

I feel dirty for saying this, but for one day....go Ohio State!

My mama would of slapped me for even those words coming out of my mouth. Sorry as a Michigan fan, I will never jump on the Buckeye bandwagon

Damn, when is Michigan State's luck going to run out? Between the back to back game winners against Minnesota and Michigan earlier in the season, then the lane violation call against NMSU, now this? It is getting ridiculous.

MegatronSig2.jpg

My mama would of slapped me for even those words coming out of my mouth. Sorry as a Michigan fan, I will never jump on the Buckeye bandwagon

First, Gary we wouldn't expect you to jump on the Buckeye Bandwagon.

Second, welcome to the dark side Hedley. We serve pretty good food at the meetings.

BB52Big.jpg

Greivis Vazquez couldnt hang onto the ball for like 5 more seconds, or maybe dish it off? Ugh. Terrible, just terrible.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So, Saint Mary's is in the Sweet Sixteen, and Gonzaga's flying back to the Palouse.

Zags, this is for you.

As a U-Dub fan, I can't tell you how good this feels to see that annoying little gnat that thinks they're a big name program get it's ass shipped back to Spokane after getting Orange crushed by Syracuse.

Damn, when is Michigan State's luck going to run out? Between the back to back game winners against Minnesota and Michigan earlier in the season, then the lane violation call against NMSU, now this? It is getting ridiculous.

a michigan fan would say that .

glossysig5.png

First, Gary we wouldn't expect you to jump on the Buckeye Bandwagon.

Second, welcome to the dark side Hedley. We serve pretty good food at the meetings.

First off my apologies for sounding like bitter rival party of one. Loads of respect for the Buckeye. It just feels wrong rooting for them

Thursday's games

1 Syracuse vs. 5 Butler

2 West Virginia vs. 11 Washington

2 Kansas State vs. 6. Xavier

1 Kentucky vs. 12 Cornell

Friday's games

2 Ohio State vs. Tennessee

3 Baylor vs. 10 St Mary's

5 Michigan State vs. 9 Northern Iowa

1 Duke vs. 4 Purdue

A Little bit of everything for everyone.

I expect at least one of the double digit seeds to move on probably St Mary's but who knows those boys from Cornell and St Mary's sure can play with best of them.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This is just setting up great for an unbelievable Final Four here in Indy. Hopefully I get to see my Buckeyes there in April!

Go Bucks!

The Bracket as it stands now...

9 Northern Iowa

5 Michigan State

6 Tennessee

2 Ohio State

1 Syracuse

5 Butler

6 Xavier

2 Kansas State

1 Kentucky

12 Cornell

11 Washington

2 West Virginia

1 Duke

4 Purdue

3 Baylor

10 St Mary's

Updated. I'm pretty psyched about who I may see come April 3rd.

6fQjS3M.png

Greivis Vazquez couldnt hang onto the ball for like 5 more seconds, or maybe dish it off? Ugh. Terrible, just terrible.

I was thinking that at first, too. However, after letting the shock wear off, it's hard to argue with his approach. The conventional wisdom is that when you're behind you shoot with 5-6 seconds left so you have time to either ( a ) get a rebound or ( b ) foul if the other team gets the rebound.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wait, so Vazquez hits a tough, exceptionally clutch shot with the clock running down in a pressure packed NCAA tournament game, and it's his fault that he didn't pound 5 more seconds out of the basketball? Lord, have mercy. Sports fans.

:P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wait, so Vazquez hits a tough, exceptionally clutch shot with the clock running down in a pressure packed NCAA tournament game, and it's his fault that he didn't pound 5 more seconds out of the basketball? Lord, have mercy. Sports fans.

:P

It sure is his fault. You know as well as I do that anyone of us on these here boards would have been able to pull it off no problem.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived