Lakers Re-Brand

bohob

Left primary

Left secondary (I'm really digging the giraffe, btw)

Yeah, the basketballs in each logo need to match.

Could you remove the purple that's around the "Los Angeles" on the primary? There is too much purple. It might look ok on (more) yellow, above the Lakers wordmark.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I'll have to disagree regarding the too much purple. I think it needs to be there, or the concept will be too yellow, and will lack contrast. I have an updated logo set. The basketball in the primary is the same as the secondary, except rotated, so it better fits the shape of the wordmark.

lakers_logos4.jpg

The uniforms draw upon the traditional Lakers side panels, but with a twist. The panels are now contoured and I have added subliminal giraffe spots on the shoulders and shorts. The number font is the same font as the LOS ANGELES in the logo. I have presented two collar options for the CCSLC to vote on. I like the seamless look of Option 2, but I also like the less solid look of Option 1. C&C please.

lakers_home.jpg

nice! but, I might replace the giraffe pattern with a star pattern. I just don't know how much I like the giraffe...simply b/c the giraffe really doesnt have anything to do with the term Lakers...being in LA doesnt have anything to do with it either, but stars would be a good move. That's just me though. Other people thought the giraffe was cool.

The giraffe as an alternate logo is still cool, but the spots on the uniforms are a bit much, IMO...

Looks like Kobe has a bladder control problem with them in that shade.

I say do the giraffe spots in the purple panels on the side of the shorts, in gold.

87Redskins.png

The giraffe as an alternate logo is still cool, but the spots on the uniforms are a bit much, IMO...

Looks like Kobe has a bladder control problem with them in that shade.

I say do the giraffe spots in the purple panels on the side of the shorts, in gold.

Well, since two of the three uniforms have yellow side panels, I don't think putting the spots in the side panels is such a good idea. And, if they were more than sublimated, it could get gaudy quickly.

UPDATE

One small thing on the home unis: I put a white outline around the secondary logo, so it stood out a little more. I have also included the away uniforms and alternates. After going through the whole set, I think I prefer Option 1 across the board, but I'd love to know what the CCSLC thinks. C&C please.

lakers_home2.jpg

lakers_away.jpg

lakers_alt.jpg

The numbers seem... off. They don't seem to match.

I think the spots would look better hidden inside the stripe.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I really don't think those numbers work with this at all.

For one, they're "fancy", and clash with the "fancy" wordmark. It's like I'm looking at the jersey and not sure which element I should look at. That's an exaggeration, but you get the point. The numbers should either be in the same style as the lettering, or, in a much more plain blockish font, so as not to detract any attention from the wordmark. They don't have to be solid block (like mlb block, or varsity block, or current Lakers block) but just... plainer. Again, IMO, they're great on their own, but they clash when placed in the context of the overall concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 8 months later...

UPDATE

One small thing on the home unis: I put a white outline around the secondary logo, so it stood out a little more. I have also included the away uniforms and alternates. After going through the whole set, I think I prefer Option 1 across the board, but I'd love to know what the CCSLC thinks. C&C please.

lakers_home2.jpg

lakers_away.jpg

lakers_alt.jpg

I love this all! Especially the giraffe logo. What design program do u use?

You do realize this thread is like 8 months old right?

And I never would have noticed this awesome concept had he not bumped it. Thanks, man.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived