Lakers Re-Brand

bohob

Seeing as how the Clips have never used a jungle animal, you're safe.

I know that, I was just suggesting that the Clippers should rip that idea off just like they ripped off the primary logo from the Lakers.

I think you mean they would, not they should. At least my Clips concept won't.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People actually like the Clippers and not the Lakers? I can't believe the Clippers actually have fans except for the years the Lakers miss the playoffs and the Clippers don't, which has happened maybe twice in NBA history.

People actually like the Clippers and not the Lakers? I can't believe the Clippers actually have fans except for the years the Lakers miss the playoffs and the Clippers don't, which has happened maybe twice in NBA history.

I've always wondered the same thing. You have one of the worst NBA franchises and one of the best NBA franchises, if not the best, playing in the same building in the same city??

who in the world claims to be a "clippers" fan?

and who in the world would get Clippers tickets? I guess the ticket prices are like 85% cheaper? haha.

The Clippers do indeed have fans - a case could be made that we're the most loyal fanbase in all of sports.

Just in the past few years alone, we've suffered through coaching changes, GM changes, injuries to franchise players Blake Griffin and Shaun Livingston, Elton Brand skipping town, Baron Davis and his long streaks of uncaring and feuds with Dunleavy, and several embarrassing lawsuits filed against the team owner. That's without even mentioning how we never make the playoffs, how we tank at the end of most seasons, how even the Sparks have raised banners before we have, and how, until recently, Sterling never re-signed any player other than Eric Piatkowski.

But Clipper Nation still holds on and waits for next year. With LeBron joining the team being a possibility this offseason, and Blake Griffin coming back, a championship may well be in the cards, with a celebration even bigger than the '04 Red Sox.

That's why I'm a Clippers fan - not for the present, but for what this team and this franchise can be.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Like the update, but two things really bug me...

1. The horizontal distance from the L to the A is a bit much, I think ya should bring them a bit closer.

2. The R no longer wraps around the S, and I thought that is a really nice touch. It doesn't make sense design-wise that the leg of the R is so blocky, while the rest is more of a wavy lettering.

I think if you change these two flaws (and maybe add some blue tints to the purple), you'd have it perfect.

I like the leg on the R extending... i think if you are going to extend the leg on the R, mirroring that with the K would look cool too. I think the text is an upgrade.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The Clippers do indeed have fans - a case could be made that we're the most loyal fanbase in all of sports.

Just in the past few years alone, we've suffered through coaching changes, GM changes, injuries to franchise players Blake Griffin and Shaun Livingston, Elton Brand skipping town, Baron Davis and his long streaks of uncaring and feuds with Dunleavy, and several embarrassing lawsuits filed against the team owner.

You're complaining about that? Dude is worthless, and is stealing money. They haven't exactly helped him by playing a style that suits his strengths, but he doesn't seem to work very hard, and seems to get hurt an awful lot.

I do wonder what the chances are of LeBron joining the Clippers. Could be quite cool, really... You'd have Kobe vs. LeBron at least six times a season.

That could be the single greatest thing ever. I don't really watch NBA outside of the Sixers (and even then only casually), but having a bona-fide superstar on the Clippers to challenge the Lakers would be fantastic - as long as they built around him.

On topic - the vertical line in the ball that seems to extend right into the giraffe's face really needs to be changed. Badly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the giraffe should be the outside edge of the circle. In other words, I think it needs to be moved left more. Also, the A in Lakers looks a bit off towards the top of the letter.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I think there's WAY too much purple blocked into the centre of that primary logo. It looks just like a big square of purple with the team name a location dumped on top, and not enough of the ball visible in the background.

That said, I love the idea of the Lakers have a giraffe as part of their identity ... how unique, and a pretty nice fit with their existing colour scheme.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

You're complaining about that? Dude is worthless, and is stealing money. They haven't exactly helped him by playing a style that suits his strengths, but he doesn't seem to work very hard, and seems to get hurt an awful lot.

Yeah, but that's ever since he arrived in Philly. He was amazing in LA and led us deep into the playoffs back in '06. There's also the factor that he verbally committed to Dunleavy that he would stay as long as they signed Baron Davis, but then signed with the Sixers after the BD deal got done.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

UPDATE

I worked on the type in the primary logo, repositioning the L and taking the tail off the top of the A. I also included a version with the K extended, but I don't think it works. The extended K seems to disrupt the flow of the logo. On the secondary, I reworked the basketball seems, so they don't interfere with the giraffe head and included a version where the giraffe's neck makes the left border of the ball. The LA mark is mostly the same, except I took the bump off the A. Please let me know which primary & secondary work better. C&C please.

lakers_logos3.jpg

I think the seems on the secondary bball should be the same as on the primary, right now it still looks a bit off to me. As for the giraffe, I like it better in the left logo where it doesn't make up the edge. The left primary is better.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I thought the giraffe would look better as the edge of the ball, but it doesn't, and I also like the left primary better. I also agree with The Impaler about the secondary bballs being the same as the primaries.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived