First Pic of McNabb as a Redskin

Moseph

Your helmet stripes seem a little choppy, not a smooth enough curve, and your blending modes, especially in the jersey, could use some refining, because you're losing all the highlights and texture of the jersey. Your burgundy is a little too bright and saturated to begin with, and you also don't have t.v. numerals on there and the Redskins' logo should never have a white keyline around it on the helmet.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think this is really good, I wish I had the talents to do this kind of stuff. It's a better rendering than most I've seen and give you a thumbs up! And yeah, it is pretty weird to see him in a Redskins uniform. They, along with the Giants, are the last team I ever imagined him playing for.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

It would be more accurate if he had his "pouty face" on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It would be more accurate if he had his "pouty face" on.

You mean the face that all Eagle fans will have on their faces this year as they realize that McNabb at his worst was 1,000 times better than what they have? Heck, the Oakland Raider QB's are on par with what the Eagles have.

Looking at all these Redskins pics of the burgandy jersey leads me to a question: Do we know how Shanahan will use the white jerseys vs. the burgandys? Gibbs pretty much wore the white jersey/burgandy pants combo every time he could, while Zorn wore the white at home for the first four home games of the year (I believe). Any word on how Shanahan will handle it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I hope he goes white full time, since that's what I associate the Redskins with going back to my childhood. Interestingly though, McNabb held up a burgundy jersey at his press conference, so maybe that's a hint that they're going with that this year.

nice job... it looks good

I hope he goes white full time, since that's what I associate the Redskins with going back to my childhood. Interestingly though, McNabb held up a burgundy jersey at his press conference, so maybe that's a hint that they're going with that this year.

the majority of press conferences for free agents/trades/draft picks use the burgundy uniform for press photos

33-42943-F.jpg

alberthaynesworthandmomlinda.jpg

and from memory i'm pretty sure devin thomas, orakpo, brandon lloyd, etc. were burgundy also.... randle el and archuleta were the only white ones i saw

Your helmet stripes seem a little choppy, not a smooth enough curve, and your blending modes, especially in the jersey, could use some refining, because you're losing all the highlights and texture of the jersey. Your burgundy is a little too bright and saturated to begin with, and you also don't have t.v. numerals on there and the Redskins' logo should never have a white keyline around it on the helmet.

haterade.gif

haterade.gif

God forbid someone offers some constructive criticism beyond OMG 10 YES!

haterade.gif

You're right. He didn't specifically ask for a critique, so I should have left well enough alone, but that doesn't change the fact that what we have here is not a very good Photoshop job.

In addition to what I've already pointed out, the Reebok logo on the pant leg needs to be changed to burgundy, because it's still green or black or whatever it is.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Here's what I'm getting at: this is quick, very dirty, I don't have the time nor the energy/desire to complete it, but you can see how you need those highlights, and you can see how the color here (and the color of Eagles' jersey in the original) looks much more realistic than the saturated color you have on your image. This color is a little dark, and maybe a little muted, but it fits the tone of the photo well. It has that signature dingy, dark look you find in ESPN (The Magazine) photos. I've also done a bit with the numeral to make it look more like layered tackle twill.

donovanmcnabb.jpg

Looks more like the color of their arrow-sleeve throwbacks, not their burgundy current uniforms.

It's just the lighting in your house. :P Honestly, I addressed the color already. The original photo is more muted, so I went with the natural tone (I adjusted the curve slightly to darken it and give it a hint more contrast) and used a burgundy that's a little darker and with a little less chroma. If you look at an ESPN feature article, they desaturate and darken their studio photos a little, which is the look I was after, because you can see a little bit of that look in the original. SI has great action shots, but ESPN has the best artistic shots, in my opinion.

Either way, I think we can all agree that that's the color the Redskins should be wearing.

Archived