2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Carey Price to start for Montreal tonight.

-Dan

And details of his ass kicking expected by 10pm.

Price gave up 4 goals, 2 to Ovechkin, on 36 shots in a 6-3 loss and was assessed 4 PIMs for unsportsmanlike conduct.

So they gave him 2 for swinging his stick at Backstrom from the bench? What a load. Honestly though I'm happy, let him play Friday.

Varly was awesome this whole game. The Habs brought their game and he was definitely on his. Without him, we dont even come close to winning this game.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see Matt Cooke not get called on that blatant delay of game at the end of the game? Regin was like 10 feet away and two refs were staring right at Matt Cooke as he tossed the puck over the glass. There was no call and the refs said that it somehow went off Regin who was 10 feet away at the time. That was unreal, hell even Glen Healy who hates the Sens was saying it was an absolutely brutal call. Then, right after the non-call, the Penguins go up the ice and score a frickin' goal. The crowd at Scotia Bank Place was livid and debris was being thrown on the ice.

I'd also like to bring up the first penalty of the game to Chris Kelly. Letang cross checks him twice after the whistle and when Kelly pushes him away they give him 2 minutes. Have the Penguins even gotten a retaliation penalty all series long that wasn't offset by a Senators penalty? I don't think so. Yet, the Penguins have played "the pushing and shoving after the whistle game" as many times as the Sens have. That strikes me as pretty odd.

It's unreal how bad the officiating has been in this series. It doesn't look like a conspiracy, it just looks a bunch of like crappy one-sided calls. Everybody that follows the league besides Penguins fans seem to agree on that.

I agree that was a delay of game, no doubt, I can't even make an arguement to say that it was tipped by anything. The pushing and shoving is playoff hockey, after almost every whitle, there is some sort of scrum. There is a line between being in a scrum and "roughing", and as long as there is human interpretation of the rules, there will always be opinions about how the game should be called.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Oh, how I wish that the refs in the series would CONSISTENTLY call the same penalties. This whole series the Senators have been burned for being physical, and then they got called so much they let everyone go.

I had such a good feeling about this team too.

All the 5-3's didn't do anything for you. Maybe its the fact that the Sens have had a lack-luster PK in the series. Could it be that Ottawa's PP gave up a shorty? Or is it the fact that Neil got called for two handing Letang after Neil scored a goal, or is it Ruutu sucker-punching Cooke with two minutes left (granted its karma, but still). I really don't see how you can say that the refs are unfair, almost anyone who has a dislike for the Pens will use this line or the Bettman line. Its a game, if you really think its that bad, the go and set out to be an NHL ref.

Dude, relax.

I didn't say at all, that the calls were unfair, all I said was that I wish they consistently called the same penalties. Not allowing Penguin players to do something that an Ottawa player got a penalty for.

Take your time when you read, or you might miss the part that was capitalized.

Hi, how are you?

Oh, how I wish that the refs in the series would CONSISTENTLY call the same penalties. This whole series the Senators have been burned for being physical, and then they got called so much they let everyone go.

All the 5-3's didn't do anything for you. Maybe its the fact that the Sens have had a lack-luster PK in the series. Could it be that Ottawa's PP gave up a shorty? Or is it the fact that Neil got called for two handing Letang after Neil scored a goal, or is it Ruutu sucker-punching Cooke with two minutes left (granted its karma, but still). I really don't see how you can say that the refs are unfair, almost anyone who has a dislike for the Pens will use this line or the Bettman line. Its a game, if you really think its that bad, the go and set out to be an NHL ref.

Dude, relax.

I didn't say at all, that the calls were unfair, all I said was that I wish they consistently called the same penalties. Not allowing Penguin players to do something that an Ottawa player got a penalty for.

I understand what you are saying, all I'm saying is they are, at least in my eyes, being called evenly considering the types of penalties that are being called. Aside from the non-call with the delay of game, which every Pens fan with a shread of hockey knowledge would know was a blatent call, what have you felt has been called one sided.

I am by no means trying to incite a riot, if I came off as an arrogant fan, I am sorry. I am mearly trying to see this from another point of view in a general discussion.

-Mike

Dude, relax.

I understand what you are saying, all I'm saying is they are, at least in my eyes, being called evenly considering the types of penalties that are being called. Aside from the non-call with the delay of game, which every Pens fan with a shread of hockey knowledge would know was a blatent call, what have you felt has been called one sided.

I am by no means trying to incite a riot, if I came off as an arrogant fan, I am sorry. I am mearly trying to see this from another point of view in a general discussion.

-Mike

I'm not saying it's in favour of any team, I was just saying how i wish they called the same penalties and not flip-flopped because right now the Senators are playing scared hockey. They're worried to make a mistake that would put the Pens on the PP, It's all just very frustrating.

The one call that sticks out in my mind was in game 3, where Neil got 2 for charging Malkin, when he hit him square in the chest. It was just like any other hit the pens have thrown at Ottawa.

The officiating has been terrible, not that it really matters though, because Crosby has been an absolute machine.

Hi, how are you?

I'm not saying it's in favour of any team, I was just saying how i wish they called the same penalties and not flip-flopped because right now the Senators are playing scared hockey. They're worried to make a mistake that would put the Pens on the PP, It's all just very frustrating.

The one call that sticks out in my mind was in game 3, where Neil got 2 for charging Malkin, when he hit him square in the chest. It was just like any other hit the pens have thrown at Ottawa.

The officiating has been terrible, not that it really matters though, because Crosby has been an absolute machine.

This year as a whole has to be one of the worst when it comes to officiating. Neil has a reputation of being a player who plays on the edge, sometimes that reputation precedes him and that hurts when it comes to penalties. The hit might have been clean, but if he came from across the ice or from the blueline to the corner with little or no glide, then its my understanding that would be charging. I could be wrong though.

Oh yeah for sure, I know the refs would watch out for anything when Neil's on the ice, and if he did charge then that's fine but when a Penguin player does it to a Senator and it goes un-noticed that's when I start to get a little frustrated.

Hi, how are you?

Probably in the top 2 or 3 best hockey games I've ever seen. Any hockey fan should watch the first OT from Boston tonight. Unbelievable hockey with, I'm pretty much convinced now, the two best goalies alive right now. You could make a top 10 saves compilation from tonight that would rival that of the entire league for a given season. After the B's tied it up about halfway through the 3rd, out came the most wild, heart-attack-inducing, insane hockey game I have seen in ages. Here are just 2 of the ridiculous saves (note the goal horn going off in the first one!) from tonight -- but honestly, you have to see a replay of the game. When Satan finally beat Miller, it was truly like Satan had beaten God. Unreal hockey game.

I LOVE TUUKKA!

I LOVE TUUKKA!

Tuukka Rask is a machine. Here's hoping the Bruins don't sign him long-term, though. Every time they do that with a goalie, his game goes to hell.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I did not know if this was the proper thread to post this question but something that has been bugging me for the duration of the playoffs is: On the Versus coverage what song are they using becasue I have heard that song before and I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is? Thanks for the help

x2. That song and the "History Will Be Made" song.

Pretty sure the Versus song is "Lifeline" by Papa Roach. At least its the same riff.

idk about the History Will Be made song

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

How Buffalo did not win in the first OT is beyond me.

They carried the play for 16 solid minutes.

Boston's only chances were top notch though, and

Miller was awesome.

Plus there was about a seven minute stretch whistle free in the first OT,

adding to the drama.

sig-1.png

The officiating in this game is ridiculous both ways. Ottawa was totally screwed multiple times. We weren't so favored either.

I'm about to be reminded just how much I hate overtime, and why.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Archived