2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Why did the NHL schedule both games for yesterday? Now I don't have a game to watch tonight.

Same for both Game 2s. Double-header tonight, no games tomorrow. The NHL could've done better.

and then we're back to staggered games on Thursday. I don't understand it. Also, how did both eastern conference series go to 7 games, but one finished two days before the other?

So you wouldn't be able to complain about them being on the same night? *shrug*

You could blame the NHL or just blame Delaware North, the company which owns the Bruins and the TD Garden.

The NHL said told the Sharks and ticket holders that the dates for the WCF would not be set until the last four teams were set (I received an email) The East went longer and there were issues with the Garden and the Celtics, so there was an "impasse" on dates and that Delaware North needed as revenue.

The Bruins lost, but others venues like United Center, Wachovia, and HP Pavilion are ties into what they can do due to these varying events as the nature of the facility management business. They may lose out on summer concerts, especially if in Chicago they can go to Allstate Arena or Toyota Park.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Halak will be able to caddy for "Crosbechkin" pretty soon though.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Aside from one bad period, Michael Leighton has been virtually unbeatable in the 4.5 games he's played. He hasn't played as much as Halak, Nabakov, and Niemi....he's simply the freshest starting goalie right now, and that could possibly do wonders for the Flyers.

All you need in the playoffs is a goalie on a hot streak. I'm convinced that the Flyers will win the Cup this year.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Aside from one bad period, Michael Leighton has been virtually unbeatable in the 4.5 games he's played. He hasn't played as much as Halak, Nabakov, and Niemi....he's simply the freshest starting goalie right now, and that could possibly do wonders for the Flyers.

All you need in the playoffs is a goalie on a hot streak. I'm convinced that the Flyers will win the Cup this year.

And if the Flyers win it all, it'll make their series with Boston seem a little less embarrassing for Bruins fans.

6uXNWAo.png

And if the Flyers win it all, it'll make their series with Boston seem a little less embarrassing for Bruins fans.

For some, it might. Personally, I'll still feel embarrassed.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Seems like the teams that pin their hopes on hot goalies and little else ultimately lose to the superior team (Hurricanes with IrbeWeekes, Ducks with Giguere, Flames with Kiprusoff, Oilers with Roloson)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And if the Flyers win it all, it'll make them the worst Stanely Cup champion in years.

Every save with a whistle tonight, thus far, has been a "squeeze", according to Joe Beninati. This makes me tempted by the fruit of another to punch him repeatedly in the throat.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is Michael Leighton still on a hot streak, or is he back to being a guy who struggles to stay in the league yet?

Great performance from Montreal tonight.

I have to complain about Pronger and how he punched Plekanec while being tied up by Coburn. What a cheap shot. Not that I had any respect for Pronger before...but now, there's no chance I will ever respect him.

1zqy8ok.gif

And Spacek sucker punching Briere at the end was what? Pedestrain? And Lapierre with swipes at the back of Giroux's head? Sweet rouge colored glasses eh

Whenever there's a flurry of cheap crap at the end of a game well in hand, it's almost always on the trailing team for starting the crap. I can't imagine why Spacek would want to sock Briere in the final minutes of a game his own team won, apropos of nothing else. I kinda wish the NHL would crack down on that sort of thing. It makes people look so petty.

Archived