Another look at UNC's new Unis

Privateer

It looks like the pewter dome/pants are UNC's "Pro Combat" specialty set--and the pants seem to resemble the newly unveiled Virginia pants, from what I can see. As a one-time thing, the pewter/columbia/pewter look may turn out quite nice on the field.

That said, it looks as if a/ Butch Davis has finally succeeded in his mission to force feature navy more in the Tar Heels' on-filed identity (he was on record as favoring the navy when he first got to UNC), and b/ UNC corners the market when it comes to columbia/baby/whatever-you-wanna-call-it blue, and the overabundance of navy and the pewter (which I'm sure was purely Nike's doing) does a nice job of mucking that up.

But let's be real...a/ the kids will love it, and b/ Nike further gets its brand out there, which is really all it's about.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Carolina blue/carolina blue/white is still top 15 home unis in all of CFB.

I'm a little surprised about the trend to white helmets. I'm not saying it's a bad thing (yet)...just interesting.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think the white helmet needs a caro blue mask and it could really work. What's wrong with a caro helmet and a white one, Caro, navy, and white jersey, caro, navy, and white pants...let the pewter go :(

Looks like Nike wants to take classic colors and infuse silver (pewter in this case) like they did with Syracuse basketball.

KISSwall09.jpg

It looks like the pewter dome/pants are UNC's "Pro Combat" specialty set--and the pants seem to resemble the newly unveiled Virginia pants, from what I can see. As a one-time thing, the pewter/columbia/pewter look may turn out quite nice on the field.

That said, it looks as if a/ Butch Davis has finally succeeded in his mission to force feature navy more in the Tar Heels' on-filed identity (he was on record as favoring the navy when he first got to UNC), and b/ UNC corners the market when it comes to columbia/baby/whatever-you-wanna-call-it blue, and the overabundance of navy and the pewter (which I'm sure was purely Nike's doing) does a nice job of mucking that up.

But let's be real...a/ the kids will love it, and b/ Nike further gets its brand out there, which is really all it's about.

Yeah, but in the long run, the Bucs will still be the only ones IMHO that use pewter on a uniform properly.

Even though pewter is my favorite color, when it comes to FBS helmets:

new-oregon-ducks-football-helmet-600x450.jpg> unc-pewter-helmet-1.jpg

Carbon trumps pewter.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Something about it being the color of tar or something..someone explained it in another thread and it made sense, in fact I thought it was cool they are bringing it in since it has meaning, better than random black

Something about it being the color of tar or something..someone explained it in another thread and it made sense, in fact I thought it was cool they are bringing it in since it has meaning, better than random black

Well pewter would've made sense....but why didn't someone bring that up when they decided the Tar Heels would be powder blue?

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Well pewter would've made sense....but why didn't someone bring that up when they decided the Tar Heels would be powder blue?

Wow, is this like the "real eagles aren't green" bit?

Origin of the University Colors

As symbols of unity among Carolina students, alumni, and fans, the school colors of light blue and white were first used around 1800 to distinguish between members of the Dialectic and Philanthropic Literary Societies. Throughout the nineteenth century, students were required to be members of either the Di or the Phi. The Di's color was light blue, and the Phi's was white.

At University commencements, balls, and other social events, the student officials, managers, and marshals wore the color of their society, blue or white. Because the Chief Marshal or Chief Ball Manager represented the whole student body, not just his society, he wore both colors.

When the University fielded its first intercollegiate athletic teams in 1888, the question of what colors to wear had already been answered. Light blue and white had come to symbolize membership in the University, not in a single society.

Light blue and white have been considered the University's colors for more than a century. With the tradition so firmly established, a popular bumper sticker states that God must be a Tar Heel because he made the sky Carolina Blue!

Source: http://www.unc.edu/about/traditions.html

U-N-C! Go Heels Go!

Class of 2005

Origin of the University Colors

As symbols of unity among Carolina students, alumni, and fans, the school colors of light blue and white were first used around 1800 to distinguish between members of the Dialectic and Philanthropic Literary Societies. Throughout the nineteenth century, students were required to be members of either the Di or the Phi. The Di's color was light blue, and the Phi's was white.

At University commencements, balls, and other social events, the student officials, managers, and marshals wore the color of their society, blue or white. Because the Chief Marshal or Chief Ball Manager represented the whole student body, not just his society, he wore both colors.

When the University fielded its first intercollegiate athletic teams in 1888, the question of what colors to wear had already been answered. Light blue and white had come to symbolize membership in the University, not in a single society.

Light blue and white have been considered the University's colors for more than a century. With the tradition so firmly established, a popular bumper sticker states that God must be a Tar Heel because he made the sky Carolina Blue!

Source: http://www.unc.edu/a...traditions.html

U-N-C! Go Heels Go!

Class of 2005

It's nice origin stories like this that show how stupid the pewter/navy Nikeization of UNC football really is.

Archived