2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

The kings are a great spot for Kovalchuk to go, since he wouldn't have to be "the guy" there, since Kopitar and/or Doughty are already "the guy" for LA. LA was pretty impresive in their series against Vancouver, and with Kovalchuk upping their talent quotient, they'd be pretty tough.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still wouldn't touch Kovalchuk with a 90 foot stick.

Even if he would "Help" my offensively starved Flames.

Instead, you'd rather have Tanguay and Jokinen. 'Cause, you know, it worked so well the first time. :P

And I wouldn't put too much stock in the 15-yr $80M contract. That's only a $5.33M cap hit. Having said that, if it's true, holy steal, Batman!

Well the money is good.

And Tangs had his best year with the Flames in 06/07 and Joker is mediocre to okay.

I'm praying haha.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Ducks have parted ways with the ECHL's Bakersfield Condors, and are now looking for a team that's nearer to the Syracuse Crunch.

I can see why they're doing this, but considering that they were trying to move everything west and have all their prospects closer to Anaheim before, this is rather ironic.

It also bodes very poorly for the Abbotsford Heat, because if anyone was going to put an AHL affiliate anywhere remotely close to them, it was going to be the Ducks, who were purportedly lobbying to build a West Coast contingent in the "A". It appears that Anaheim has now come to their senses on the matter.

I've got money on the Heat being moved after next season anyway. The Flames have a habit of getting bored of their AHL team's city every two years.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The kings are a great spot for Kovalchuk to go, since he wouldn't have to be "the guy" there, since Kopitar and/or Doughty are already "the guy" for LA. LA was pretty impresive in their series against Vancouver, and with Kovalchuk upping their talent quotient, they'd be pretty tough.

I completely wonder what type of player Kovalchuk is. The Kings don't need a friggin' cherry-picker who won't play the full length of the ice. If the guy won't play the full length of the ice, you don't bring him in. What are you telling the other guys on the team who play the full length of the ice? If he hasn't back checked before this season, he's not going to now. Sure, a sniper would be nice, but defense, not the sniper wins championships. We're not talking a bad team in the Kings. This is a team that finished, what 1 point out of 5th place and were only two points behind Vancouver who was a division winner. The only reason they weren't challenging San Jose for the #1 spot was they have that funk, which I was afraid of, after the Olympic break. Remember, this was a team that won, what 9 straight going into the Olympic break. The break killed them and took their momentum away. If the Kings do or don't sign Kovalchuk, they'll be a better team than last year. You're talking a team that had 46 wins and 101 points and scored 22 more goals than they gave up. They can live quite well with out Kovalchuk. It's one of those things where Kovalchuk needs to understand that the Kings don't need him, yet he needs and wants the Kings. So he better come ready to play the FULL length of the ice and better come at the Kings' price not what he or his agent fantasized about.

17 years for Kovalchuk?

Friggin ridiculous. All these 10+ year deals (minus Ovechkin's because he will probably always stay in Washington) are absolutely ridiculous. I know they are signed to circumvent the cap and all that nonsense, but these shenanigans need to stop. C'mon NHL.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

17 years for Kovalchuk?

Friggin ridiculous. All these 10+ year deals (minus Ovechkin's because he will probably always stay in Washington) are absolutely ridiculous. I know they are signed to circumvent the cap and all that nonsense, but these shenanigans need to stop. C'mon NHL.

I hate all those crazy year deals.

It's a joke. I wonder if Lou can keep Zach Parise happy and resign him to a massive deal next summer.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

17 years for Kovalchuk?

I hate all those crazy year deals.

It's a joke. I wonder if Lou can keep Zach Parise happy and resign him to a massive deal next summer.

Should it be a 26 year deal for Parise, then?

Hell, most NHL players, even superstars, don't play for 17 years.

Yes, it's a joke.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Well, maybe they shouldn't have to work under such a retarded salary cap system. What makes hockey so special that they have to have the most draconian system in existence? Hockey players should be shot like horses when they become useless like football players are, if we're going to have this stupid hard cap.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 years -- because he wears the number 17?

To quote Ron Burgundy, "That's just dumb."

It's not dumb, it's hockey.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived