2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not a response to any stupid remarks. geez.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Oooh, DJ King. Can he play goal? If not, it doesn't solve the Caps biggest question mark.

Actually, goalie is not the big question mark, Caps fans know what they're getting in goal, the biggest question mark is 2nd line center. Fleischmann? Mathieu Perreault? Marcus Johansson? If we have Cup aspirations, the answer is: none of the above.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Just saying that it seems like a "knee-jerk reaction" type of a move. Other than Stefan Della Rovere fighting at prospect camp, there were zero rumors regarding these players in an impending trade.

Just saying that it seems like a "knee-jerk reaction" type of a move. Other than Stefan Della Rovere fighting at prospect camp, there were zero rumors regarding these players in an impending trade.

Its not like its Ilya Kovalchuk where the media is frothing at the mouth wondering if an enforcer that hasnt played in roughly 2 years and a borderline prospect are gonna get traded. If anything it seemed like Della Roveres stock had fallen amongst the brass, he was a 20 year old prospect at development camp who looked average on offense amongst 17 and 18 yr olds. His last stint at World Jrs was a bit of a disappointment, and he had shown no signs of improving on offense in Barrie, not a total shock he was dealt, although I like the guy, muscle is something this team needs now.

Its not like its Ilya Kovalchuk where the media is frothing at the mouth wondering if an enforcer that hasnt played in roughly 2 years and a borderline prospect are gonna get traded. If anything it seemed like Della Roveres stock had fallen amongst the brass, he was a 20 year old prospect at development camp who looked average on offense amongst 17 and 18 yr olds. His last stint at World Jrs was a bit of a disappointment, and he had shown no signs of improving on offense in Barrie, not a total shock he was dealt, although I like the guy, muscle is something this team needs now.

Touché. We will just have to see how often King is in and out of the lineup.

Touché. We will just have to see how often King is in and out of the lineup.

Think Quinten Laing, who can fight rather than block shots.

*Pops up out of hole*

I can imagine why Max would say that, but come on, man. Just cuz everyone loves you in Pittsburgh for your silly commercials, clutch goals, scrappy 110% hard-working play, and your class clown attitude off the ice doesn't mean you can badmouth the most-loved player in the NHL. And there's no need to state the obvious. We already know he's a douche. But he's a much much more talented one. He can afford to be a douche.

*goes back into hiding*

And yes, Philly. He can get off "Shhh"-ing you. That fight should have never happened. Carcillo gave him exactly what he wanted.

oBIgzrL.png

Carcillo is a dumbass. Usually it takes some talent to run your mouth like a cocky prick. Which is why Talbot is a low-talent nobody who will live off one game and getting his ass kicked for the betterment of his team, and its also why I want Dan Carcillo on the next flight out of Philly.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

LOL Max Talbot? Please. You get a couple lucky goals in a Game 7 and all of a sudden you get off "Shhh"ing people and talk :censored: on one of the top 2 players in the world. Give me a break. Ovechkin would have his way with that little boy.

You're reading far too much into this. Talbot never said how awesome he himself was, or said Ovechkin sucks, he said he met the guy and didn't like him. So what. Ovechkin doesn't care, why would you? Besides, Ovechkin's teammate Semin was the one who went and "talked :censored: on one of the top two players in the world".

1zgyd8w.jpg

Carcillo is a dumbass. Usually it takes some talent to run your mouth like a cocky prick. Which is why Talbot is a low-talent nobody who will live off one game and getting his ass kicked for the betterment of his team, and its also why I want Dan Carcillo on the next flight out of Philly.

His worth to the penguins goes beyond game 7 and fighting Carcillo, I assure you.

oBIgzrL.png

When are the people who care about hockey going to do the right thing and put someone who actually likes the sport in as Comish. The longer Betman stays the more damage he does to the NHL.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's not so important to me that a new commissioner loves hockey as it is that he's not one level of incompetence removed from pissing his pants in public. Do you think Donald Fehr plays hockey in a rec league on the weekends? Probably not, but I betcha anything he's gonna fight his blackhearted ass off to get his players a soft cap with luxury tax. I mean, ideally, you'd have a bright and hockey-loving attorney from Montreal or Toronto running the league, but I just want someone who's not a complete idiot, you know?

I will say there's some merit to your point, though. You know what makes David Stern so different from Gary Bettman? For the most part (the Sonics relocation imbroglio being an unfortunate exception), you get the sense that Stern loves his league and the game they play, and isn't just out for the best interests of the owners but pro basketball as a whole. He exudes a sort of wisdom and confidence from years and years of successful basketball stewardship. Bettman, on the other hand, just feels like a scrambling, dissembling halfwit who's perpetually covering something up, like you caught him between the grocery store and the bank trying to float a check.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hey, you know how the Blackhawks set attendance records, set TV viewership records, and won the Stanley Cup, all while a seemingly endless stream of merchandise flew off the shelves? Yeah, that team ran out of cash last season. Several times. So, exactly how :censored: ed is the NHL's financial structure when its most prolific (currently) American team, sitting in the #3 media market, can't get itself in the black with previously unheard-of media attention and regional support, and an effing championship run?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey, you know how the Blackhawks set attendance records, set TV viewership records, and won the Stanley Cup, all while a seemingly endless stream of merchandise flew off the shelves? Yeah, that team ran out of cash last season. Several times. So, exactly how :censored: ed is the NHL's financial structure when its most prolific (currently) American team, sitting in the #3 media market, can't get itself in the black with previously unheard-of media attention and regional support, and an effing championship run?

Move them to Hamilton?

Unrelated: Bruins sign Wheeler to one year contract.

Cue the Kovy to the KHL rumors.

Updated.

It is a publicity offer. Just like the Harlem Globetrotters offering Lebron James a contract. There is probably not going to be a KHL in 17 years.

In other Kovy news, and arbitrator apparently has been agreed upon and it looks like a hearing will be Monday and Tuesday. Decision by the end of next week.

Hey, you know how the Blackhawks set attendance records, set TV viewership records, and won the Stanley Cup, all while a seemingly endless stream of merchandise flew off the shelves? Yeah, that team ran out of cash last season. Several times. So, exactly how censored.gif ed is the NHL's financial structure when its most prolific (currently) American team, sitting in the #3 media market, can't get itself in the black with previously unheard-of media attention and regional support, and an effing championship run?

A lot of it is creative accounting, though, like claiming parking and merchandise aren't revenue. Hard to trust the owners on this stuff, even though I'll acknowledge that the financial structure is indeed censoreded.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived