2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

Ian White and the Flames have avoided arbitration.

White gets 1 year, He'll make just under 3 million but close enough it might as well be 3 million. ($2,999,995)

Time give Steve Staios, Cory Sarich or Ales Kotalik there walking papers.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks settle with Wisniewski out of arbitration court on a 1-year, $3.25 million contract.

Then ship him to the Isles for a conditional third round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Which leaves the Ducks D corps as Visnovsky, Lydman, and Brookbank with Brendan Mikkelson, Brett Festerling, Luca Sbisa, Cam Fowler, Mark Mitera, and Matt Clark to fight it out for the last 3 spots in training camp. Most likely Sbisa, Mikkelson, and Festerling making the team outright. Fowler is either making the team outright and contributing everyday, or heading back to Windsor. Mitera could use another year in the AHL. As could Clark.

:censored: ing horrible.

Unless this rumored trade of Kaberle comes through, or they do go out and get Bieksa like they've been said to have been targeting (and even if this goes through), It's up to Getzlaf, Perry, (Ryan?), Koivu, and (Selanne?) to score 5+ goals a game and Hiller to have a .995 save percentage for this team to be decent.

Ugh. Bob Murray needs to be fired. Seriously? The Isles 3rd-rounder? That's the best you could get for Wisniewski? I know it's not the best contract he could have signed, but if that's seriously all you got then keep the bastard. You do not have an NHL defense at this point. Your #1 guy is really a #2 guy that is 80% offense. Your #2 is really a #4 guy who is decent defensively. And your now #3 is really a #6/7 who fights more than he should and is sketchy on defense to begin with. You keep Wisniewski and work out a better deal later in the season. Then you try to build the defense back up via trade this season or in free agency next year. This is crap.

Murray and Randy Carlyle can leave on the same bus.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I do not envision the Canucks trading away Bieska since Sami Salo has torn his Achilles' tendon and is out indefinitely; however, if the Ducks offer the Canucks a silly deal, anything is possible.

The Canucks need cap relief, and Bieksa is a 6th defenseman making 3-4th defenseman money. We've got Ballard/Hamhuis/Ehrhoff/Edler/O'Brien/Rome/Alberts, with Oberg and Connauton (sp?) waiting in the wings and Bieksa is really no better than any of those last five mentioned.

I'd gladly move Bieksa for a draft pick, 3rd round or better. So would Mike Gillis, especially if he is gonna try to pick up Ladd before Christmas.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I do not envision the Canucks trading away Bieska since Sami Salo has torn his Achilles' tendon and is out indefinitely; however, if the Ducks offer the Canucks a silly deal, anything is possible.

The Canucks need cap relief, and Bieksa is a 6th defenseman making 3-4th defenseman money. We've got Ballard/Hamhuis/Ehrhoff/Edler/O'Brien/Rome/Alberts, with Oberg and Connauton (sp?) waiting in the wings and Bieksa is really no better than any of those last five mentioned.

I'd gladly move Bieksa for a draft pick, 3rd round or better. So would Mike Gillis, especially if he is gonna try to pick up Ladd before Christmas.

Can't the Canucks place Salo on LTIR for some temporary cap relief?

They could, but considering Salo is in the final year of his contract, and hasn't played a full season since birth, there's speculation he might just retire. LTIR is an option, but if he's out till Christmas, they'll only take about a million or so off the books (he makes $3.5M).

Considering the Canucks are about a Mason Raymond over the cap right now, a Salo retirement and a Bieksa shuffle bring them to about $4.5 under. More than enough room for a call-up and a late-season trade.

But the Canucks are apparently willing to do almost anything to pry Andrew Ladd out of Atlanta. I wouldn't be surprised to see a package going to Atlanta before the trade deadline to make it happen.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Some are still saying that Bieksa isn't being shopped though. Espeically with a weak defensive market. I would like to get him, because... well I really don't know why.

Now the Ducks are being thrown back into the Souray talks, possibly with Cogliano for Jason Blake and a pick.

Any other offseason, I wouldn't touch Souray or Kaberle with a 10-foot pole. But unfortunately the Ducks need defense, and at this point, anything will do.

Also, :lol: LOL @ the Blackhawks salary cap hell storm.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Can we now equate the Chicago Blackhawks firesale to the 1997 Florida Marlins post-championship one?

(Prepares for backlash from Blackhawk supporters).

It's similar, but the one big difference is the Blackhawks will probably still be competitive in 2010-11. The 1998 Marlins didn't have a chance.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Archived