NFL Network uses new AFC logo

canzman

To my knowledge the NFL has not officially released the new AFC or NFC logos, but this morning when I was watching NFL Network they used the new AFC logo on an NFL Now segment.

I have looked online to see if I could find a video or screen shot but could not find any. I know that the logo has been shown already from the posting on the UNIWatch blog. on the forum but to my knoledge this was the first use on TV by the NFL.

I saw the new NFC logo on NFL Network a couple of weeks ago as well. They didn't really have an "official release" when the new NFL shield came out so I don't expect them to do it here either.

No there was no big "official release" but the league did make a formal announcement about the change that year and stated that thet new logo would go into use at the start of the the draft that year. I have not seen anything other then the postings on here and at Uni-Watch about it.

I saw the new NFC logo on NFL Network a couple of weeks ago as well. They didn't really have an "official release" when the new NFL shield came out so I don't expect them to do it here either.

Actually, the new NFL logo did have an effective date - the 2008 Draft. There were a couple small leaks before that (such as an NFL Network mic flag), but the Draft was its official unveiling.

EDIT:: canzman beat me to it....

Archived