Oregon's "support our troops" spring game uniforms

ONUV

I take it they're counting on knee-jerk jingoistic impulses to prevent people from pointing out how idiotic it is that they've added ANOTHER uniform? Army (naturally) rocked the digi-cam better...

I'm not surprised that the NCAA's attention-seeking toddlers are joining the pathetic "look at me!" movement.

"Joined"? Hell they started it! :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Frankly, I'm not bothered by "another" Oregon uniform in this case. I have lots of family serving in the armed forces and every time I see a team do this, I am thankful and proud. I could care less how it looks - the fact that they're supporting the troops should be great enough.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

There's supporting the troops, and "look at me supporting the troops."

Silly dress-up uniforms are always examples of the latter. It's more about seeking attention.

support-demotivational-poster-1247680347.jpg

QFT...damn skippy, Gothamite.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think we're supposed to critique the uniforms on here...not judge their intentions.

I should expect this behavior in an Oregon thread I suppose.

The look works well with the Ducks color scheme. Not bad at all.

87Redskins.png

There's supporting the troops, and "look at me supporting the troops."

Silly dress-up uniforms are always examples of the latter. It's more about seeking attention.

Pretty much. You wanna support the troops? Donate the money from the game to the local VA Hospital (or something along those lines). Don't call so much attention to yourself to the point that it overrides "support" you're supposedly giving.

Yes, I know using uniforms to call attention to themselves is Oregon's trademark, which is why NOT doing it in this case would make their "support" much more significant.

It doesn't bother me. It is what it is. It's no different than the Breast Cancer stuff, or the throwback stuff, or the black

jerseys. It's all about the $. I just have to wonder, when did Oregon decide to secede?

I am kinda surprised by all the flack on here about the "supporting the troops" theme of these jerseys... yeah its yet another uni from Oregon but its not like they changed the set for the season AGAIN. You didn't see people making negative comments about OSU's support of breast cancer... should we say the same thing oh look they are making a big deal about them supporting breast cancer?

Only thing I would've like to see different here is Oregon auction the jerseys off and donate the money to wounded warriors or similar charity instead of giving them to military in attendance

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I am kinda surprised by all the flack on here about the "supporting the troops" theme of these jerseys... yeah its yet another uni from Oregon but its not like they changed the set for the season AGAIN. You didn't see people making negative comments about OSU's support of breast cancer... should we say the same thing oh look they are making a big deal about them supporting breast cancer?

Only thing I would've like to see different here is Oregon auction the jerseys off and donate the money to wounded warriors or similar charity instead of giving them to military in attendance

Nike actually donated shirts for free which were sold for $12 with all of the proceeds going to one of the military causes. Also who is to say that the soldiers won't sell their jerseys.

Actually there was. Just like any other time that a team does a specialty jersey, there are sects that see it as a money grab or hollow gesture. I guess that's people for ya.

Archived