The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

Ya, maybe not, the only reason i was thinking it maybe was is because last year the two main colors for summer league jerseys were dark blue and black, and the blue in that picture isn't the Clippers blue like the shots on their website, but i may just be hopefully reading into something haha. Guess we'll find out soon enough, I honestly think it would be great for them to focus more on the blue aspect than the red.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeh, IIRC the Bucks' practice jerseys are black, but nobody thinks they'll be trotting out a black alt anytime soon, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Again, a lot of teams wear black for Summer League. Don't read anything into it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I've got something for you guys:

I know some of the past post have to do with not paying attention to summer league, but this has to do with something completely different than what's been discussed.

Maybe those in the know can help me out here, but i've noticed that on at least the home summer league jerseys, the teams' actual number font is used on the front and back for the numbers. There's a picture of Golden State's in the Warriors' thread, and I've also seen it witht he Nets and Magic after watching them play the Jazz, so i'm getting the idea that this is league wide. So this brings me to this question: we've all heard and seen that the Jazz will have GREEN numbers on thier home uniforms, and that the font will be somewhat close to MLB Block (similar to the font used by teams like the Indians, Marlins, Dodgers, etc.). So how come, on the Jazz's summer league home jerseys, the numbers were blue and standard block?

10summer_gaines300x441.jpg

Was there a last second change, was this how it was all along, or are they just the only team that has a different font on their summer league jerseys? Personally, I really wish and hope the numbers are closer to those on the summer league jerseys. For one, it looks more in line with the old Jazz uniforms, and two, I don't like the idea of different colored numbers than the wordmark. The 76ers can pull that off (their colors make it work) - the Jazz? No, not so much.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I've got something for you guys:

I know some of the past post have to do with not paying attention to summer league, but this has to do with something completely different than what's been discussed.

Maybe those in the know can help me out here, but i've noticed that on at least the home summer league jerseys, the teams' actual number font is used on the front and back for the numbers. There's a picture of Golden State's in the Warriors' thread, and I've also seen it witht he Nets and Magic after watching them play the Jazz, so i'm getting the idea that this is league wide. So this brings me to this question: we've all heard and seen that the Jazz will have GREEN numbers on thier home uniforms, and that the font will be somewhat close to MLB Block (similar to the font used by teams like the Indians, Marlins, Dodgers, etc.). So how come, on the Jazz's summer league home jerseys, the numbers were blue and standard block?

10summer_gaines300x441.jpg

Was there a last second change, was this how it was all along, or are they just the only team that has a different font on their summer league jerseys? Personally, I really wish and hope the numbers are closer to those on the summer league jerseys. For one, it looks more in line with the old Jazz uniforms, and two, I don't like the idea of different colored numbers than the wordmark. The 76ers can pull that off (their colors make it work) - the Jazz? No, not so much.

I wouldn't really read anything into Summer League jerseys. But, I agree, I like the blocked numbers from the Summer League jerseys (and throwbacks) rather than what we've seen on the jersey shirts.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

But doesnt your "same number font as their jerseys" theory also get derailed by that pic considering the Bobcats appear to have block numbers there? Also you look at the pic in the link loogodude90 posted, the Wizards have block font too.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

But doesnt your "same number font as their jerseys" theory also get derailed by that pic considering the Bobcats appear to have block numbers there? Also you look at the pic in the link loogodude90 posted, the Wizards have block font too.

I'm talking about home uniforms. Every teams road jersey is the same generic design, as you see with Charlotte. But the home uniforms i've seen use thier team's actual number font.

Here's the Magic as an example:

robinson00_300_070910.jpg

Obviously, that's thier own font. Considering Utah plays in the same summer league that Orlando does, and that the Nets (in the same league too) also use thier own font on their homes, I think it's at least a valid thought. I'm sure other teams do it too, but the Magic and Nets are the ones I personally saw.

EDIT: And there's also the picture of Golden State's in thier thread on the Sports Logos forum, as I mentioned before. Those use thier new font as well.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This is not really deserving of a new thread until confirmed, But as some of you may have heard the Timberwolves are unveiling "tweaked" uniforms later this summer. i stumbled upon this in the nba shop.

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4032900&cp=2834601.2836124.2710386.2482948.2806561

scroll down

http://store.nba.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2806561&cp=2834601.2836124.2710386.2482948&view=all

i know this is only a replica but its says "new arrival" and its not even close to the other custom replica youth jersey

new

pNBA-7361751dt.jpg

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4032900&cp=2834601.2836124.2710386.2482948.2806561

old

p5374009dt.jpg

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3349275&cp=2834601.2836124.2710386.2482948.2806561

I'm thinking this is just a cheap replica. They have Laker replicas out there with overly simplified side panels, and this seems very similar.

VmWIn6B.png

I'm thinking this is just a cheap replica. They have Laker replicas out there with overly simplified side panels, and this seems very similar.

its is very possible that this is the case, we wont know until the real "authentic" uni is unveiled.

give it a rest trying to find a tie in between summer league jerseys and the real thing it does'nt exist.

Yeah the team colors thing with the black and all dosent exist, but I think the numbers are at least a valid thought.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Archived