2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow

1. Really wanted nz to crush the Slovaks hearts with a goal

2. If I was Slovak I would be a bot disgusted with how we won playing like little boys and girls. But hey I guess they took a page out of the Italians own book.

3. Slovakia is getting hammered by the oranje.

Slovakia currently have Italy down 1-0. Just imagine if this holds up...all of a sudden, the decision to bring nothing but old players is coming back to bite the Azurri in their ass.

Yeah...pretty much.

Break up CzechoSlovakia!

Though honestly, like Flame alluded to, I think this says more (or less, rather) about Italy than it does Slovakia--in that the Italians haven't looked anything like the defending world champs they (EDIT: were). And if I heard the commentators right, this is Slovakia's first Word Cup appearance. Wow...just wow. The Slovaks came out with an agenda, and carried it out (even if they did look more like Italy than the actual Italians in doing so). The Azzuri almost came back, though--that was a frantic last ten minutes+stoppage. But it was too little, too late.

In any event...ciao, Azzuri.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's weird that you would equate my preference for a soccer team with "pissing on your nationalistic pride." I can't tell if your being tounge in cheek, like I was with the "cultural choice" comment, or if you're serious. Either way, it's just a preference for one game.

It came off as a pretty transparent attempt at scoring points with your girlfriend to me.

Also the uncertainty over the Italian goal blocked off the line just adds more chatter to the use of replay and technology.

I though Skertel did a great job. That ball may have been on the line but it never crossed.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well, it looked like Italy brought a weak roster to this World Cup. That and the uninspired play led to their demise. I thought the fowards they brought were weak (Rossi should have made the roster), but Lippi didn't play the right guys. Gilardino has never lived up to the hype and Iaquinta did not play well enough. Di Natale, was the leading goal scorer in Serie A, why didn't her get more playing time? I wasn't thrilled with Quagliarella coming into the tournament, but he proved to be the best striker on the roster (or at least the most inspired), why didn't he get more playing time? Hopefully Italy has new younger guys ready for the next World Cup.

At least the US is still in the tournament. I'll be rooting for them and the Netherlands. I liked their Oranje's style in the last WC, but I'd also like to see them destroy Slovakia. I know Italy has a reputation for diving (and I'm not denying that they don't) but I've never seen them fake injury to run time of the clock. Italy didn't deserve to advance in this tournament, but I don't really think Slovakia did either. Their diving was just shameful. I'm sure Iook like a sore loser by saying that, but I would hate them for doing that to any opponent.

Anyway, GO USA!

Also the uncertainty over the Italian goal blocked off the line just adds more chatter to the use of replay and technology.

I don't think it was in. Plus there was no real good replay that showed if the whole ball crossed the line or not. I'm not a fan of replay. Maybe a computer chip in the ball like they are supposed to be designing for the NFL, but not replay.

I don't think it was in. Plus there was no real good replay that showed if the whole ball crossed the line or not. I'm not a fan of replay. Maybe a computer chip in the ball like they are supposed to be designing for the NFL, but not replay.

Yeah I too am not a huge fan of replay - I was more thinking about the computer chip sorta technology.

Im less a fan of chips than replays.

Computers make mistakes. The human eye (while being used by an honest, caring, objective referee) doesn't.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Im less a fan of chips than replays.

Computers make mistakes. The human eye (while being used by an honest, caring, objective referee) doesn't.

worstpostoftheday.png

Come on, maz. Not after all of the crazy officiating that we've had going on. Jim Joyce & Koman Coulibaly are honest, caring, and objective...but they made some huge mistakes.

While New Zealand wasn't able to advance this will help the sport grow by leaps and bounds back home. Unlike '82 they were able to compete in all their games and did themselves proud. To bad they couldn't grab a goal today but the country is proud of what these boys did, all my family in New Zealand have said there is already calls for parades and rallies to honour them.

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

Hold up--time out.......what?? :blink:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah, I've heard of this. Some people want the NFL to put a chip in the football so that it would be easier to determine whether or not the ball crossed the plane when it comes to close touchdown calls. If they can figure out how to make that work, it doesn't sound like such a bad idea...especially considering how the NFL is when it comes to wanting to standardize everydamnthing.

Yeah, I've heard of this. Some people want the NFL to put a chip in the football so that it would be easier to determine whether or not the ball crossed the plane when it comes to close touchdown calls. If they can figure out how to make that work, it doesn't sound like such a bad idea...especially considering how the NFL is when it comes to wanting to standardize everydamnthing.

A good friend of my said that his sister's boyfriend is supposed to be working in a group that is coming up with the chip. I know that's third hand information, but I trust the guy alot. He wouldn't make stuff up. Now what I don't know is if this group is employed by the NFL to come up with the chip or if they are making the chip and then taking it to the NFL.

Archived