2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the winner of the Ghana-USA game will play ooroogwai.

I felt the same way about SoKo the same way I feel about Ghana: A tough customer, but still beatable by Stars & Stripes. It helps that Team USA has an idea of what to expect from both those teams, having faced both in recent World Cups.

Los Charrúas are the real X-factor in our bracket, on the other hand. Uruguay has already shown how dangerous they can be, but they've not faced the U.S. in a non-friendly in many years, so it's a lot harder to see how well they would match up. Uruguay also hasn't gone this deep into the WC tournament in many years, and yet with their storied WC history they undoubtedly have a lot more pressure and expectations from their countrymen than do Ghana or the U.S.

If Brazil vs. Argentina is like Yankees vs. Red Sox, Uruguay is more like one of the Chicago MLB teams. If Team USA advances today, I hope it's the Cubs and not the White Sox. :flagusa:

CCSLC signature.png

Just for kicks* I checked out Univision's coverage for awhile, and at one point they showed some woman holding up a USA scarf. Evidently it was either homemade or a bootleg though, because the scarf oddly had the USA hockey logo on it rather than the standard USSF crest.

* That, and because the lead-in to the game on Milwaukee's ABC station is... a Hannah Montana rerun.

CCSLC signature.png

Just for kicks* I checked out Univision's coverage for awhile, and at one point they showed some woman holding up a USA scarf. Evidently it was either homemade or a bootleg though, because the scarf oddly had the USA hockey logo on it rather than the standard USSF crest.

* That, and because the lead-in to the game on Milwaukee's ABC station is... a Hannah Montana rerun.

It's probably a USA Hockey scarf that Nike makes. Hockey is a winter sport so I would assume they make licensed scarves.

Archived