2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

FIFA makes MLB look progressive when it comes to transparency. Personally I don't understand it because with the popularity of the game worldwide and the lack of transparency it opens the sport up easily to Donaghy like shenanigans or worse.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goal, or no goal, this was a total mauling. Germany crushed England, and I doubt even if that goal had counted (which it should've. No excuses, FIFA.), England would have had much of a shot on this day.

6uXNWAo.png

This is the last post I'm gonna use on the United States Men's National Team. While I'm not gonna say "I told you so", I told you so!

Going into their game against against Ghana, who were arguably the worst team to qualify for the Round of 16, you KNEW the let-down was going to happen. It never fails when Team USA is favored to win. They played uninspired, and were more than ready to pack their bags and call a trip to the Knockout Stage a 'success'. No defense in the first half. the only thing stopping the Ghana attack, was their fatigue in the 2nd half. The also USA had many chances in the 2nd half while Ghana was catching their breath. While Kingson who was superb, most of it was due to USA's laziness and inability to finish (I'm looking at your Altidore and Bradley!). With teammates like that, Landon Donovan has got to wish he were born in Europe.

In the end, the team who deserved to advance did, and America's interest in soccer goes back into another 4-year hiatus.

My initial thoughts about the US team's run was that it was a moderate success. They didn't lose in group play, they won the group, and the team showed that they would never quit. If you had told any US fan going in that they'd win Group C, they probably wouldn't have placed money on that happening.

Then I thought about the entirity of the US team's run. They got a flukey bounce to tie an English team that had a lousy tournament run, and just lost to Germany by 3 goals. The US then got down 2-0 to a Slovenian team that had no business being up 2 goals on the US, and managed to scrape out a draw. It then took 92 minutes to score a goal against an Algerian team that was one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in the tournament. The whole group was soft, and if the US were in any other group...they'd be lucky to advance, and sure as hell aren't winning the group. Considering the hype the US team had, and the way the tournament played out for them, it was more disappointing than inspiring.

That said, I think Bob Bradley should get to stick around. Considering what he's down with the team over the 4 years, I like what he's done with the US team. I've never seen the team quit, the team rarely gets blown out, and the team is on better footing now than it was four years ago.

By the end of the day we'll see another Argentina vs Germany Quarterfinal.

I sho' hope so. ;)

I'm not understanding the blue shorts/socks with the home shirts, though, unless they were originally planning to play in their change kits, then went with the home shirts at the last second.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh boy...this one's going to make the evening news. Ol' boy was offside there, but they let that goal stand. All this means is Argentina needs two more goals AT LEAST.

(EDIT: there's the first one. 2-0 now.:) )

Who besides me is thinking the FIFA is going to get stampeded on about its state of officiating after this is all said and done?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's official, this World Cup is rigged.

Argentina wind up doing as the Germans did earlier, eventinally annihilating on the scoreboard, thus giving FIFA an 'excuse' to overlook the NEED for replay for at least another four years. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

Archived