2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

Did anyone else just hear the british announcer guy on ESPN allude to assassinating today's referee? Umm WHAT!? :blink:

If you are talking about the .45 comment, it was in reference to the way the player dove. The line was something along the lines of "I don't see anyone with a .45 in the crowd, do you?"

Exactly. It was referencing the fact that the guy rolled for 4 full rotations on the ground for what turned out to just be a cut lip.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. It was referencing the fact that the guy rolled for 4 full rotations on the ground for what turned out to just be a cut lip.

Would've been a perfect gif for the "ridin' spinnaz" meme of 2004.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Good win and call me in the minority but I love how the Oranje are playing.

Everyone seems to be getting along (Robben and van Persie), Van Marwuk is managing very nicely and they've been disciplined for the most part.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Exactly. This is kind of unlike Oranje. They've been winning, but they haven't been doing it in a flashy style. That got them nowhere in Euro 08. Now, it seems like they're more concerned about getting the win, rather than the style in which they get the win. They definitely haven't looked their best, but as long as they continue to win, they've got time to peak.

Then again, they've probably got to deal with Brazil in the next round, which means that it's time for them to peak and fast. :P

(Aw man, Germany-Argentina & Netherlands-Brazil in the quarterfinals? It's a neutral fan's dream semifinals, let alone quarters.)

Brazil hasn't been playing the flashy style either so far, who knows if it is Brazil that the Dutch have to take on, it could be a 0-0 stalemate with it going to penalties.

Yeah right........

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

If there were ever a chance for a first round upset, this would be it. As New.Era stated, Brazil hasn't been the 'Brazil' we've come to know over the years. Chile, on the other hand, has actually done a good job coming out of nowhere to make the round of 16 -- even with their 2-1 loss to Spain the other day, it could've been much worse having been down a man most of the match.

I expect Brazil to win, but wouldn't be completely stunned if Chile somehow gets it done today.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived