HARTFORD WHALERS CONCEPT

flyersfan4888

Here is my next concept, a home jersey for the [probably never gonna happen :)] reincarnation of the hartford whalers...c&c apreciated...comments will determine if i post the away version of the jersey....thx

15mfc3l.jpg

"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.? - 'Broad Street Bullies' coach Fred "The Fog" Shero

1z4y8ms.jpg

"A guy broke into my apartment last week.. He didn't take the TV, just the remote. Now he drives by and changes the channels.. Sick b***ard"

I do not like this one. The black doesn't work. Hartford took the green and blue and owned it. It would be better for the jersey to be gray such as the socks. I don't like the gray socks with a black jersey though.

Only thing I can say I like about this is the logo... It MIGHT work if you ditch either the silver or the black (navy?), but right now it looks like a jersey had a random pair of sleeves thrown on it.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'm glad to see a Whalers concept, and the logo is great, but otherwise these things are all over the place. The sock/jersey mismatch isn't good, and they should make up their mind which to use, shoulder yokes or the different color sleeve option; not both. The gray piping around the yoke only serves to further separate the rainbow of colors on the jersey, and I personally can't stand RBK Edge suspender piping. Also, on the back view, try using the same shade of blue for everything. Having a different shade for the yoke, outline around the numbers, and the sleeve stripe doesn't work.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Really not seeing what the inspiration was for the black. Some uniforms just "beg" for black, some at least have colors that are enhanced by black, but Hartford? The Whale? They only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime. Oh, and their uniform colors really don't work with black.

Also, I get that it's a concept and doesn't really have to be "what they could conceivably go with", but this is so far away from realistic - it's almost like if a traditional team like the Detroit Pistons switched to teal and black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really not seeing what the inspiration was for the black. Some uniforms just "beg" for black, some at least have colors that are enhanced by black, but Hartford? The Whale? They only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime. Oh, and their uniform colors really don't work with black.

Also, I get that it's a concept and doesn't really have to be "what they could conceivably go with", but this is so far away from realistic - it's almost like if a traditional team like the Detroit Pistons switched to teal and black.

This was a completely facetious remark...... right?

But as for the concept, I'm sorry, but I'm not digging any of this. The black, the numbers over the stripes, the gray socks, it just doesn't look right. Like BBTV said black is not a generous color to add to the Whalers scheme.

This was a completely facetious remark...... right?

But as for the concept, I'm sorry, but I'm not digging any of this. The black, the numbers over the stripes, the gray socks, it just doesn't look right. Like BBTV said black is not a generous color to add to the Whalers scheme.

IMO even silver was kinda pushing it when they redesigned their uniforms in 1992. but hey thats just my opinion.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

ok.....ok....i :censored:ed up on the last one....i see now that black was probably the worst idea i could have ever come up with, so here it is, my second try at it...

6zmwec.jpg

i have mspaint at home and at school i have photoshop, i edited this is photoshop so...if it looks a little messed up, thats why.

"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.? - 'Broad Street Bullies' coach Fred "The Fog" Shero

1z4y8ms.jpg

"A guy broke into my apartment last week.. He didn't take the TV, just the remote. Now he drives by and changes the channels.. Sick b***ard"

^Don't apologise for using black. It was worth a try even though it didn't work out. The new blue works much better, I like it.

yea i know, but i gotta learn from my mistakes :)

1z4y8ms.jpg

here is the away version...in my opinion, i think it came out alot cleaner than the home (designwise, not pixelwise :D )

v6j91k.jpg

1z4y8ms.jpg

Maybe lower the chest logo a little bit? It seems very high, though it may be because of the bare hem.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The jersey kind of lacks consistency. The shoulder yokes look like they were taken from a completely different jersey, when compared to the arm stripes. The overlapping numbers on the aforementioned stripes also hurt the overall feel of the uniform. I agree with another poster that hem stripes would help and you might wanna drop the random black one at the bottom in favor of ones that match the stripes on the arms.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Ok. Thoughts on the update: The black hem is wrong. No other black on the jersey=no black here either. Stripes would be better. As for the yokes, how about replacing the blue with gray? Then they'd match the sleeve stripes like Brass97 suggested. He's right about the numbers too. Overlapping is bad.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I'd add a shoulder patch. Either the "Pucky" the Whale logo or the original "W" and harpoon logo. Maybe slightly tweak them in an attempt to modernize them, but keep the basic vibe.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Whalers need more green, less blue.

I never understood that version of the logo... why grey???

And again, the black at the bottom is totally gratuitous.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived