2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. LeBron took the easy way out and he has ruined his legacy as a result. It will at least be hilarious to watch the Heat "talent" their way to a thirty-win season and no playoffs. How long before Spoelstra gets forced out?

As for my Clips, time to focus on Josh Childress. He's not a very big name in the NBA yet, but he definitely improved in Europe and would be a valuable addition to the roster. Also, time to begin seriously talking with Sofoklis Schortsanitis (sp?) so that he can finally come over to the States and bolster our bench. The center combo of Chris Kaman and Greek Shaq would certainly trash whatever minimum-salary scrubs the Heat trot out at that position.

LOL 30 wins? Your kidding right?

He thinks Vinny Del Negro is a good coach. That should tell you something right there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Only the god damn Florida Panthers....

http://panthers.nhl.com/

So to review: If you live in South Beach, you could get season tickets (albeit in the lower upper deck) for around $250.

*"Help" sign goes here*

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No I'm not. You can't win a title without a competent point guard, a center, or a bench. There is no depth on that team and they will be killed down low with no good center. Talent isn't the only quality that wins you games, but it's the only quality the Heat has now.

He thinks Vinny Del Negro is a good coach. That should tell you something right there.

I didn't say he was a good coach. I said he was a good hire, as we could have hired an outright horrible coach, and I said he was an improvement over Dunleavy, but it would take an especially-horrid coach to not improve over him.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Last year Tank predicted the Cavs to go 68-14, his highest-record prediction to date. But that will probably be broken this year as Tank will probably predict the Heat to go 70-12. The worst teams he's predicted are the 04-05 Hawks and 06-07 Knicks, whom he predicted to go 13-69, and one of them were actually that bad! Other 60-win teams can be the Lakers, Thunder, and Magic.

Gotta love how LeBron's bitching and non-clutchness sabotaged the Cavs roster and cap space. Once LeBron realized how much of a cluster:censored: Cleveland's situation is, dude bolts for South Florida.

Cleveland has every :censored:ing right to give LeBron 'Modell-heat'. (No pun intended)

If the Browns win 8 games next season Cleveland fans won't even remember this night. That's just the reality. Cleveland fans liked the Cavs solely because they thought LeBron might bring them a title. Offer any Cleveland sports fan this deal, you lose LeBron but you're guaranteed a 12 win Browns team, and every one of them will wish LeBron luck with his new team.

So true. I hope all the downtown businesses don't go under like they did when the Indians first fell off in 2002. Remember in 2007, when the Browns won 10 games, the Indians were a win from the World Series and the Cavaliers made it to the Finals? Seems like an eternity ago.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Have the Heat used their mid-level exception? If not there might be a guy that can play center for them for the $5.85 million:

shaq-oneal.jpg

And I used the word "play" loosely....

Well, they need a center. Bad.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

No I'm not. You can't win a title without a competent point guard, a center, or a bench. There is no depth on that team and they will be killed down low with no good center. Talent isn't the only quality that wins you games, but it's the only quality the Heat has now.

I'd bet both my balls, they win more then 30 games. They might not win the Championship this season but D-Wade (3rd Best player in the NBA), LeBron (Arguably the Best Player in the NBA), and Bosh who was the 3rd biggest Free Agent, are going to win games on the same team, and they are going to get more players, possibly Shaq who is a center, and Chalmers is decent, I mean he is good enough to help that team out.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

They play in a very bad conference. They could put together a bunch of NBA-minimum wage scrubs with those 3...and they will take at least 50 games. The Conference is that bad.

Today, we are all otaku.

You know what's sad about this situation? Cavs fans will forever remember LeBron for what he did tonight, not what he did 3 years ago at the Palace in Game 5.

Can you blame them? He burned Cleveland...He was the franchise, He was the hometown guy.

I'd bet both my right and left nuts, they win more then 30 games. They might not win the Championship this season but D-Wade (3rd Best player in the NBA), LeBron (Arguably the Best Player in the NBA), and Bosh who was the 3rd biggest Free Agent, are going to win games on the same team, and they are going to get more players, possibly Shaq who is a center, and Chalmers is decent, I mean he is good enough to help that team out.

Okay, maybe 31 wins. Shaq is so far past his prime, it's scary. He has the name of a superstar but the game of a mediocre player at this point. Even if they sign Shaq, they will still be massacred by better centers like Dwight Howard or Chris Kaman. All the talent in the world doesn't matter if there isn't enough at every position and if the team lacks any depth or chemistry.

As far as the Eastern Conference goes, yes, it's weak. But the teams near the top of the East - the Magic, Celtics, Hawks, and until tonight, the Cavs - were all balanced teams with one or two superstars and plenty of talented role players around them. Miami won't be able to afford any talented role players - while role players will take paycuts to get rings, they're not going to take the absolute minimum wage if they're good enough to get more money elsewhere and still compete.

xLmjWVv.png

I'd bet both my right and left nuts, they win more then 30 games. They might not win the Championship this season but D-Wade (3rd Best player in the NBA), LeBron (Arguably the Best Player in the NBA), and Bosh who was the 3rd biggest Free Agent, are going to win games on the same team, and they are going to get more players, possibly Shaq who is a center, and Chalmers is decent, I mean he is good enough to help that team out.

Okay, maybe 31 wins. Shaq is so far past his prime, it's scary. Even if they sign Shaq, they will still be massacred by better centers like Dwight Howard or Chris Kaman. All the talent in the world doesn't matter if there isn't enough at every position and if the team lacks any depth or chemistry.

Confused.jpg

I've dealt with delusional fans, what with the Rams and all, but still....

Tell you what. Sig bet. The Heat finish the next regular season at least 10 games better than your revamped, on the rise, Vinny del Negro coached Clippers.

Today, we are all otaku.

Holy crap. I never thought Pat could actually pull this off but he did. Whatever the final results, it's gonna be exciting at the Heat's house the next few years. All the bandwagon fans will jump back on now, but this is all the more exciting for the real Heat fans like myself who were there in the early days, who are up late at night watching the west coast games, and who stuck it out in 2002 when we had Kendall Gill, Travis Best, LaPhonso Ellis and the like filling out the roster.

I hope they can bring Joel Anthony back in to play center, and can get Udonis Haslem to play yet again for a hometown discount. Anthony was great defensively in a reserve role at center last year.

Also, my condolences to all the devastated Cleveland fans out there. This has got to be ten tons of suck for you guys right about now. I was sick to my stomach even thinking about Wade leaving Miami a few days ago, I can only imagine how it feels to be a Cavs fan right now.

Chris Kaman was an All-Star last year and actually scored more points per game than Dwight Howard, look it up. He definitely qualifies as a top center in this league, especially with the recent drought of great players at the center position.

As far as the records go, we'll see. After all, the Eastern Conference is a much easier road than the West, that's for sure. What would the sig bet entail?

xLmjWVv.png

J.A. Adande said on SportsCenter that The Heat do NOT have the mid level exception.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

You know what's sad about this situation? Cavs fans will forever remember LeBron for what he did tonight, not what he did 3 years ago at the Palace in Game 5.

Can you blame them? He burned Cleveland...He was the franchise, He was the hometown guy.

Well as a Cavs fan myself, I'll still remember tonight over Game 5.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived