2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

So, as I was saying... Does anyone still wonder if LeBron's image might take a bit of a hit over this?

Gotta love how LeBron's bitching and non-clutchness sabotaged the Cavaliers' roster and cap space. Once LeBron realized how much of a cluster:censored: the Cavs were in, dude bolts for South Florida.

Cleveland has every :censored:ing right to give LeBron 'Modell-heat'. (No pun intended)

Hates anything that ESPN creates

So he had little to no nice parting words for his old team/city.

From Detroit, Pistons & Cavs had a pretty high-profile rivalry

This is what is wrong w the NBA. In the MLB, NFL and NHL its all about the name on the front jersey or the side of the helmet, in the NBA its about the name on the back of the jersey, and everyone else be damned.

ESPN showing Cleveland moan and LeBron gives his false platitudes, what class.

Favorite team was in the running to get LeBron

Can you imagine the animosity against Miami? There's something fascinating about these 3 superpowers combining that just reeks of ugly. LeBron even looks somewhat disgusted with himself during this press conference. If/when they make the playoffs, the NBA ratings will fly the roof. I'll root for teams I normally hate just to see the Heat lose, and these 3 guys not get their prize. In my head, this isn't how free agency and salary caps are supposed to work. The best thing for any league is parity, fair competition, and balance among franchises to keep things fresh and competitive. It's about integrity - with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh soaking up 90% of a teams salary cap for 5,6 years, it just seems wrong. I dunno, maybe I'm the minority here.

Local team was in the running to get LeBron

These guys were gonna hate LeBron no matter what decision he made. Sounds like sour grapes to me. :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta love how LeBron's bitching and non-clutchness sabotaged the Cavs roster and cap space. Once LeBron realized how much of a cluster:censored: Cleveland's situation is, dude bolts for South Florida.

Cleveland has every :censored:ing right to give LeBron 'Modell-heat'. (No pun intended)

If the Browns win 8 games next season Cleveland fans won't even remember this night. That's just the reality. Cleveland fans liked the Cavs solely because they thought LeBron might bring them a title. Offer any Cleveland sports fan this deal, you lose LeBron but you're guaranteed a 12 win Browns team, and every one of them will wish LeBron luck with his new team.

Right. Now everyone can forget they ever pretended to like the Cavs. They'll go back to getting 11,000 fans a night, I'll get more Blue Jackets HD games in Columbus. Everybody wins!

Someone posted this on facebook and I found it humorous, "Tiger Woods may have slept around, but Lebron just fu*ked an entire city."

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. LeBron took the easy way out and he has ruined his legacy as a result. It will at least be hilarious to watch the Heat "talent" their way to a thirty-win season and no playoffs. How long before Spoelstra gets forced out?

As for my Clips, time to focus on Josh Childress. He's not a very big name in the NBA yet, but he definitely improved in Europe and would be a valuable addition to the roster. Also, time to begin seriously talking with Sofoklis Schortsanitis (sp?) so that he can finally come over to the States and bolster our bench. The center combo of Chris Kaman and Greek Shaq would certainly trash whatever minimum-salary scrubs the Heat trot out at that position.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Can you imagine the animosity against Miami? There's something fascinating about these 3 superpowers combining that just reeks of ugly. LeBron even looks somewhat disgusted with himself during this press conference. If/when they make the playoffs, the NBA ratings will fly the roof. I'll root for teams I normally hate just to see the Heat lose, and these 3 guys not get their prize. In my head, this isn't how free agency and salary caps are supposed to work. The best thing for any league is parity, fair competition, and balance among franchises to keep things fresh and competitive. It's about integrity - with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh soaking up 90% of a teams salary cap for 5,6 years, it just seems wrong. I dunno, maybe I'm the minority here.

These guys were gonna hate LeBron no matter what decision he made. Sounds like sour grapes to me. :P

Again, not a Bulls fan, never was, never will be. Rooting interest due to geographical location? Sure. But I was raised a Pacers fan.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Does this mean I have to root for the Magic now...?

Honestly, saw this coming. Time to trade Jamison and the other guys that have value and build from the ground up.

*sigh*

Cleveland, where all three of our sports teams are under .500!

6fQjS3M.png

Mario Chalmers must be excited for some extra cash in exchange for his uni number.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I would have obviously loved LeBron to be a Net.

I would have been happy to see him on the Knicks, so at least one of the New York teams would matter in the NBA.

I would have like him to stay in Cleveland, that town loved him so much and had so much invested emotionally in him staying.

Chicago would have been strange he would have had the Jordan shadow around his neck.

The Clippers well that was never a real possibility.

However, this dream team thing in Miami is so wrong it feels like he is he just spit in the face of everyone like Pat Riley is gonna do to Eric Spostra when he fires him after the Cavs first two game losing streak, because when Riles in involved its all about Riles, and he cant stand for anyone else to take the glory.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Only the god damn Florida Panthers....

http://panthers.nhl.com/

Well I mean, they had a confetti party to celebrate a last-place finish, of course they were going to try & shamelessly leech onto the new famous guy that's coming into town. That's what makes them so irrelevant. :D

Again, not a Bulls fan, never was, never will be. Rooting interest due to geographical location? Sure. But I was raised a Pacers fan.

I noticed that, which is why I made the distinction between 'favorite' with NJTank & 'local' with you. :P

Threw this together a few hours ago and made it my FB profile pic about 3 hours before "The Decision". Just throwing it out there if any Heat fans here want it...not the best job in the world.

LebronHeat.png

98Falcons.png

Only the god damn Florida Panthers....

http://panthers.nhl.com/

Well I mean, they had a confetti party to celebrate a last-place finish, of course they were going to try & shamelessly leech onto the new famous guy that's coming into town. That's what makes them so irrelevant. :D

I noticed that, which is why I made the distinction between 'favorite' with NJTank & 'local' with you. :P

lol ok, well played.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hard to be too bummed about this as a Bulls fan, since being a Bulls fan post-1998 is just one disappointment after another. Remember when we blew the Kobe Bryant trade?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. LeBron took the easy way out and he has ruined his legacy as a result. It will at least be hilarious to watch the Heat "talent" their way to a thirty-win season and no playoffs. How long before Spoelstra gets forced out?

As for my Clips, time to focus on Josh Childress. He's not a very big name in the NBA yet, but he definitely improved in Europe and would be a valuable addition to the roster. Also, time to begin seriously talking with Sofoklis Schortsanitis (sp?) so that he can finally come over to the States and bolster our bench. The center combo of Chris Kaman and Greek Shaq would certainly trash whatever minimum-salary scrubs the Heat trot out at that position.

LOL 30 wins? Your kidding right?

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

So, as I was saying... Does anyone still wonder if LeBron's image might take a bit of a hit over this?

Gotta love how LeBron's bitching and non-clutchness sabotaged the Cavaliers' roster and cap space. Once LeBron realized how much of a cluster:censored: the Cavs were in, dude bolts for South Florida.

Just because I called out ESPN's reporting last night and it's involvment with LeBron's decision this evening, doesn't mean I hate everything they've ever done. Unlike other who have boycotted ESPN, I still turn into SportsCenter to get my daily fix, and is pretty much my favorite channel, period. As sad as it migth seem, it's pretty much true. So anyways, I guess what I'm saying is: TRY AGAIN. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

Just because I called out ESPN's reporting last night and it's involvment with LeBron's decision this evening, doesn't mean I hate everything they've ever done. Unlike other who have boycotted ESPN, I still turn into SportsCenter to get my daily fix, and is pretty much my favorite channel, period. As sad as it migth seem, it's pretty much true. So anyways, I guess what I'm saying is: TRY AGAIN. ;)

Says the one with the ESPN 4 sig & avi last year. :P

Archived